Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
221 views
Hi,

I can see that in future you will maintain only "Prometheus", but does that mean I had to have ScriptManager if I have to use it for very simple use ?


Let's say I have a simple html page, except for a single RadInput control., I do not need AJAX there, but still I have to compulsarily use ScriptManager ?

Pls clarify.

-pcm
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2007
1 answer
164 views
Is it possible to align zero for the primary Yaxis and zero for the seondary yaxis?
The following code (taken from http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Chart/Examples/Functionality/Yaxis2/DefaultCS.aspx)  have a line series, which contains engative values, while the bar series does not.
It would be convient if zero is positioned the same place for both the primary axis and the secondary.


<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default2.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default2" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=1.6.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763"
    Namespace="Telerik.Charting" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
 <telerik:RadChart ID="RadChart1" runat="server" Width="480px" Height="290px">
            <PlotArea>
                <XAxis>
                </XAxis>
                <YAxis>
                </YAxis>
                <YAxis2>
                </YAxis2>
            </PlotArea>
            <Series>
                <telerik:ChartSeries Name="Series 1" Type="Line">
                    <Appearance>
                        <FillStyle MainColor="Blue">
                        </FillStyle>
                    </Appearance>
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="-1" Name="Item 1">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="2" Name="Item 2">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="4" Name="Item 3">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="3" Name="Item 4">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="5" Name="Item 5">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                    </Items>
                </telerik:ChartSeries>
                <telerik:ChartSeries Name="Series 2" YAxisType="Secondary">
                    <Appearance>
                        <FillStyle MainColor="Red">
                        </FillStyle>
                    </Appearance>
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="10" Name="Item 1">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="20" Name="Item 2">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="40" Name="Item 3">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="30" Name="Item 4">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                        <telerik:ChartSeriesItem YValue="50" Name="Item 5">
                        </telerik:ChartSeriesItem>
                    </Items>
                </telerik:ChartSeries>
            </Series>
        </telerik:RadChart>
   
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2007
2 answers
133 views
Hi,

How  do I invoke a javascript function in the parent page?

here is my code:

function

RefreshParent()

{

var oWindowMan= parent.parent.GetRadWindowManager();

var oWndResManager = oWindowMan.getActiveWindow();

if(oWndResManager != null)

{

//Call refresh function

var iframeToRefresh = oWndResManager.get_ContentFrame();

iframeToRefresh.contentWindow.InvokeAJAXRadTreeReload();

}

}

in the line "iframeToRefresh.contentWindow.InvokeAJAXRadTreeReload();"i get the error that Object doesn't support this property or method. but the function exists in the parent page.
Is anything wrong with the code, or is there any other way of doing that?

Regards,

Catarino

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2007
1 answer
163 views
I have an app that dynamically creates docks, some of which are "required" and cannot be closed.

I have been reading the forums and documentation, and I can't find a way to hide the close button on a rad doc. If I add a command to the dock.Commands collection, it will only show the added command, but as soon as I clear all the commands, the close option appears.

How can I remove the close command button?

Thanks for any help,
Kirby
Kirby Haltom
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Dec 2007
2 answers
102 views
Hi

Has anywone every seeen the like.

My website starts correctly running like http://localhost:55991/McDiamonds/Default.aspx

but as the website is found and starts to execute the following path appears ...

http://localhost:55991/McDiamonds/(S(omghxrzz1niruz55hkrpc155))/Default.aspx


Is this viral behaviour ? Or do you know what is happening ?

Kind Regards

David
hkdave95
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 25 Dec 2007
2 answers
319 views
It appears the RAD Ajax Manager is wrapping the controls it's updating with a DIV tag.  This causes an issue since the DIV tag is starting a new line. 
Can this be changed to a SPAN tag rather then a DIV on the next release?

Using Ajax "Prometheus" for ASP.NET 2.0.

Code is as follows, very simple.

<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
    Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1218.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="LinkButton1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="LinkButton1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
    <p>
        Line 1<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
        Still should be Line 1</p>
    <p>
        Test 2
        <asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton2" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>
        Same Line
    </p>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Dec 2007
3 answers
203 views
I would like to know if it is possible to make the appointment height in the month view dynamic. I want to see the whole subject even when it does not fit on one line.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2007
1 answer
104 views
Hello,
I've just started implementing the new release of the Prometheus RadGrid control. I have an existing RadGrid control that I am replacing which contains an Imagebutton the user can select to show records in a Details Grid. I am using the AJAX manager as well to minimize the entire page posting back for the user. My problem is that if I select the ImageButton it updates the details grid as expected however the row that contains the ImageButton I have selected is never highlighted. I have been playing around and implemented the following Javascript so I know when a row is selected:

function

RowSelected(sender, eventArgs) {

alert(

"Row: " + eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical() + " selected.");

var e = eventArgs.get_domEvent();

}

When I select the ImageButton this code never executes. If I select any other column in the Grid then the above code executes, the row becomes highlighted and the Details grid is updated as expected. My question is: How do I get the row to be highlighted when I select the ImageButton? This used to work find when I had the RadGrid Q3 release implemented.

Jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Dec 2007
4 answers
287 views
Hello,

I've just tried out the Prometeus version of Editor and have issues with embedded css resources. It applies to both Default and Vista skin.

The main problem is that you don't have specific class names/id's for editor styles, like UL,LI, etc tags.

We use css styles for all UL,LI elements in all websites we build. We have styles for margins, padding, liststyles etc. that are used in content pages globaly.

When RadEditor is used all ul/li elements in editor interface are affected and they look, well, crappy.
After disabling our ul/li styles it looks good in IE6, but still looks bad in Firefox. In Opera it looks OK, but width is wider than it should be (radedit is set to 100% width and that breaks the box model).

I suppose I'm not the only one with this problem...

Can't You make all elements in prometheus control specific with classes and id's so they don't break allready defined interface elements?

Good start is setting class="radedit" on all ul,li,table, etc. elements in skin files.

I've got screendumps for all tested browsers, too bad I can't upload those files with post here. Let me know if I can mail it over to someone if needed.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Dec 2007
6 answers
195 views
Hello,

I have implemented my own FileBrowserContentProvider, which is almost at 100% completion. It pulls data and folders correctly, but the folder creation function does not work. I implemented the function in my provider, but when the button in the editor is clicked, the only call made is to ResolveDirectory, with the path parameter set to the containing folder. No call to CreateDirectory is ever made, so consequently no folder is created. Is there any reason why this could be happening? Thanks.

-Aaron Chapin
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?