Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
91 views
Hi

I am dynamically adding HtmlTableCells to my WebUserControl within a RadGrid within a RadAjaxPanel.

However, when I come to access those dynamically added HtmlTableCells by clicking the Update button on my WebUserControl, and using the FindControl method I get a server side error. Null Object.

NB: The rendering code works fine. The object are displayed onthe screen wiithout any problems.

My rendering code is thus ....

For lnCount = 0 To 9
                            If System.IO.File.Exists(Me.Server.MapPath("../images/stock/" & loStockRow.S_nId.ToString("00000000") & "_" & lnCount.ToString("00") & ".jpg")) Then
                                Dim loTableCell As New HtmlTableCell
                                loTableCell.ID = "tdImage" & lnCount.ToString("00")
                                Dim loCheckBox As New CheckBox
                                loCheckBox.ID = "bImage" & lnCount.ToString("00")
                                loCheckBox.Text = "Delete"
                                Call loTableCell.Controls.Add(loCheckBox)
                                Call Me.trImages2.Cells.Add(loTableCell)
                            End If
                        Next lnCount

And the code I am using to access the object I have added is thus...

                For lnCount = 0 To 9
                    If System.IO.File.Exists(Me.Server.MapPath("../images/stock/" & loStockRow.S_nId.ToString("00000000") & "_" & lnCount.ToString("00") & ".jpg")) Then
                        If Me.trImages2.FindControl("tdImages" & lnCount.ToString("00")) IsNot Nothing AndAlso Me.trImages2.FindControl("tdImages" & lnCount.ToString("00")).FindControl("bImage" & lnCount.ToString("00")) IsNot Nothing Then
                            If CType(Me.trImages2.FindControl("tdImages" & lnCount.ToString("00")).FindControl("bImage" & lnCount.ToString("00")), CheckBox).Checked Then
                                Call System.IO.File.Delete(Me.Server.MapPath("../images/stock/" & loStockRow.S_nId.ToString("00000000") & "_" & lnCount.ToString("00") & ".jpg"))
                            End If
                            lnCount2 += 1
                        End If
                    End If
                Next lnCount

NB: The Count from the trImages object is zero. Unless I access the object immediatelyy after I have added the controls.

Kind Regards

David
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
2 answers
111 views
Hi,
My colleague reminded me that exceptions will occur if you put a DNN modules, which are .ascx files, into RadDock. I would like to double-check with you if this indeed happened. If it does, do you have any workaround?
Thanks in advance.
Ricky.
Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
6 answers
411 views
if I create a new website and then try to drop any of the prometheus tools onto the page, the tools display an error:
 
"Error Creating Control - (RadControl)
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.2.1107, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

What's really weird is that I can change the settings in the properties window as if they showed up just fine.  I have verified that Telerik.Web.UI.dll is in the bin directory and it is the proper version as stated in the error message above ^^^.  If I right click the solution in the solution explorer and click rebuild solution it will come up with "Rebuild All Succeeded" with the controls on the page showing that error.   I am very confused??  Does anyone know what is going on?
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
3 answers
161 views
I'm sending you code to reproduce. It consists of a LinkButton inside an UpdatePanel. After clicking on the LinkButton, there should be a tooltip visible on mouseover for the LinkButton.
However, tooltip will only show when removing the update panel.

<%

@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<!

DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<

html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<

head runat="server">

<title>Untitled Page</title>

</

head>

<

body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</asp:ScriptManager>

</div>

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">

<ContentTemplate>

<asp:Panel runat="server" ID="Panel1">

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server" onclick="LinkButton1_Click">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>

</asp:Panel>

</ContentTemplate>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

</form>

</

body>

</

html>


public

partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

RadToolTip toolTip = new RadToolTip();

toolTip.ID =

Guid.NewGuid().ToString();

toolTip.TargetControlID =

"LinkButton1";

toolTip.ShowEvent =

ToolTipShowEvent.OnMouseOver;

Panel1.Controls.Add(toolTip);

}

}

Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
3 answers
243 views
Hello I installed the lastest build of prometheus.

The tool bar wasn't in VS2008 so I ran the ToolBoxInstallerNet20 stuff.

Then I added a RadAjaxManager to the designer and a script manager.

But the RadAjaxManager gave me this error :
Error Creating the control - RadAjaxManager1
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.2.1107.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I realy need help about this, has any one had the same issue?

Thank you
Michael McCallum
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Dec 2007
0 answers
106 views
I will post this in a minute
Nyceane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Dec 2007
0 answers
174 views
Perhaps this will help someone in the community...

I personally think that the default text in the treeview is a bit too small - particularly relative to the other default text sizes in the other telerik controls.  You could disable the embedded skin and create your own...but if all you want is bigger text here's how to do it while still using the embedded skin:

Add the following css rule to the stylesheet that is being used by the page:

.rtIn { font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; }

That will make all the nodes' text 14px and boldface.  Modify as necessary.  Enjoy!
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 19 Dec 2007
3 answers
185 views
Hey gang, don't forget to create a new forum for the new Prometheus TreeView.  I think I've already got some threads ready for it...
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Dec 2007
2 answers
188 views
i created a schedular ,its loading the data correctly and displaying it.I created a new appointment it is created successfully but on clicking the newly created appointment in schedular ,its not showing the edit form ..i dont know why pls check the code below .................

<telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="RadScdler" Width="600px" EnableCustomAttributeEditing="false" DataKeyField="event_id" DataSubjectField="event_name" DataStartField="Start_date" DataEndField="End_date" HoursPanelTimeFormat="h:mm tt" OnAppointmentCommand="RadScdler_AppointmentCommand" Height="350px" OnAppointmentUpdate="RadScdler_AppointmentUpdate" OnAppointmentDelete="RadScdler_AppointmentDelete" AllowDelete="True" AllowEdit="True" AllowInsert="True" OnAppointmentInsert="RadScdler_AppointmentInsert" OnAppointmentCreated="RadScdler_AppointmentCreated" MonthColumnHeaderDateFormat="ddd" Skin="WebBlue" >
<AppointmentTemplate>
<%# Eval("Subject")%>
<div style="text-align: right;">
<span style="cursor: pointer; cursor: hand;"> <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="Button1" ImageUrl="~/images/Outlook.gif" AlternateText="Export to iCalendar" CommandName="Export" OnClientClick="Export(this, event); return false;" />
</span> </div>
</AppointmentTemplate>
</telerik:RadScheduler>


please check the code let me know any properties should be changes

thanks in advance
Nagireddy T

nagi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Dec 2007
5 answers
250 views
I see there is a trial version of Q3 now available but when will the dev version of the latest build be available ?

I think I read that this build will include all the ASP.NET controls ?

What  has happend to the Panel control ?
Natalie Farah
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?