Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
169 views
Hi, to add dynamically RadWindow for each link button wihtin a row of RadGrid, I implement following code:

 if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
        {
            GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
            LinkButton btn = (LinkButton)(item["DisplayName"].FindControl("DisplayNameLinkBtn"));
            // Dynamically creating a RadWindow
            RadWindow window = new RadWindow();
            window.ID = "RadWindow_" + item.ItemIndex;
            RadWindowHolder.Controls.Add(window);
            window.OpenerElementId = btn.ClientID;
            window.OffsetElementId = btn.ClientID;
            window.Width = Unit.Pixel(500);
            window.Height = Unit.Pixel(400);
            // Generate Nevigation URL
            StringBuilder windowUrlSB = new StringBuilder(50);
            windowUrlSB.Append("http://");
            windowUrlSB.Append(Request.Url.Host + Request.ApplicationPath);
            windowUrlSB.Append("/DesktopModules/iBossWatchList/JobSeekerDetail.aspx?AliasID=");
            windowUrlSB.Append(item["AliasID"].Text);
            window.NavigateUrl = windowUrlSB.ToString();

However, this will cause client-side javascript error: requiring object (translated form my native language) and VS debugger stops here:

<body>
...
...
<script type='text/javascript'>/*<![CDATA[*/
RadWindowInitialize( "dnn_ctr514_ViewiBossWatchList_RadWindow_0", "RadWindow_0", "radWindow_dnn_ctr514_ViewiBossWatchList_RadWindow_0", false, "
http://localhost/DNN_iWork_Dev/DesktopModules/iBossWatchList/JobSeekerDetail.aspx?AliasID=1", "", "", "", "", "", "500px", "400px",
"", "" ,"", "", 0, 127, 1, null, null, null, null, "dnn_ctr514_ViewiBossWatchList_WatchListGrid_ctl01_ctl04_DisplayNameLinkBtn", "dnn_ctr514_ViewiBossWatchList_WatchListGrid_ctl01_ctl04_DisplayNameLinkBtn", null,null,null,"" );


Is there any setting I ignore?

Thanks a million.
Ricky.
Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
1 answer
386 views
Hi,

Quite a general question this. I've been trying to learn a little more about how Telerik controls actually work in my applications as it's often been a source of confusion for me, particularly the way you guys seem to embed Javascript/css inside the controls.

So, when I place a Telerik control on the page (which I assume is an ASP.NET custom control) it basically creates a lot of HTML which I can see but a lot seems to be hidden.

For example, there seems to be a hidden input field called "ControlName_ClientState" , what is held in this? and is it possible to access client side variables without having to use client side methods ?

Also, if I don't supply a skin name the default skin seems to be embedded in the control too. Presumably this is why my source code contains lots of lines that look like this ......


<script src="/demos/aspnet/Prometheus/ScriptResource.axd?
d=XXX"
type="text/javascript"></script>


Sorry for all the newbie questions but I can't be the only person  on here that would benefit from a deeper understanding of what happens when I use telerik controls.

Jon


Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Dec 2007
2 answers
226 views
Hello Telerik Team,

I have a left sliding pane for navigation, and a right pane to show content from other pages. The left pane contains a RadPanelBar that has NavigateUrl links that target the link into the right pane. Very simple and works well.

One problem: when you dock the left sliding pane, the resize event does not fire in the right pane (in the loaded content page) which causes content in the right pane to slide off to the right and be hidden. If you resize the browser, everything is resized properly. If you undock the left sliding pane, the resize fires in th right pane, and everything resizes properly as well.

I've tried a number of things, but I thought you might have some idea.

Thank you in advance.

Alan
AJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Dec 2007
3 answers
116 views
Another quick question.

How can I implement the full-feature version of radEditor so that radEditor is available for Wikis ONLY?

The radEditor is causing some major issues with Calendar editing, and other lists.

Is there some kind of verbose logging that I can enable with the radEditor to capture some of the error events?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2007
1 answer
132 views
I searched for this issue and didn't find it so I figured I'd make a new post and see if anyone else has come across this.

I'm using a radgrid to show a list of items. One of the columns has an image control wired up to a ToolTipManager. When hovering over the image, a tooltip should pop up and show some additional info for that item that is loaded from the db and displayed in a user control with a repeater.

Now the key to this is that it works just fine up until the data it supposed to change. For example, I hover over an item and I get a list of items, just as expected. I hover over any other item, and I get the exact same thing from the last item.

If I refresh the page and start at a different item, I get the correct information for that item, but it sticks when I hover over items, as if the view is not getting refreshed, but when I debug and step through the code I can see everything happening as it should be.

Any ideas?

Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2007
3 answers
198 views
After installing the trial version of the full-featured MOSS editor to my WSS 3.0 installation, I received the following message:

Cannot make a cache safe URL for "AssetPickers.js", file not found. Please verify that the file exists under the layouts directory.

I understand that the AssestPicker.js file is only available as part of MOSS, but...

a) If RadEditor is compatible with WSS3.0, why is this message appearing?
b) After I disable the feature, I still get the error. Why? I ended up having to retract the solution altogether to resolve the issue.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2007
1 answer
1.5K+ views
I've got a project where I will have 10 or more color pickers on a single page.  Each color picker will change different but similar elements on the page.

I'd like to be able to write a single javascript function that handles all the element changes, but I cannot figure out how to determine which color picker has called the function.  I really need to get the sender's ID so I can determine which elements to change.

An example of what I'm trying to do with a function that is hard coded to a set of elements for a single color picker.  If I get the ID color picker, I can adjust the correct elements.

<script type="text/javascript">
function changeBoxColor(sender, eventArgs)
{
var box = document.getElementById('<%=  divSearch.clientID %>');
var header = document.getElementById('<%=  divSearchH.clientID %>');
box.style.borderColor = sender.get_selectedColor();
header.style.backgroundColor = sender.get_selectedColor();
}
</script>


<div id="divSearch" runat="server" class="section" >
<div id="divSearchH" runat="server" class="header">
Search Box
</div>
<div class="inner">
<table class="inputMin">
<tr>
<th>
Outline Color
</th>
<td>
<telerik:RadColorPicker
ID="clrSearch"
runat="server"
Preset="Standard"
ShowEmptyColor="False"
ShowIcon="True"
OnClientColorChange="changeBoxColor">
</telerik:RadColorPicker>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<th>
Text Color
</th>
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</div>
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2007
4 answers
266 views
I am trying to customize the Outlook skin (namely the initial background and foreground, not any of the group items.  How would I go about doing this?
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Dec 2007
1 answer
157 views
Is there anything in plans for an upgrade to the Lite version in the near future?
Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
3 answers
137 views
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Scheduler/Examples/RadWindow/DefaultCS.aspx

I was wondering if you guys have the website file for this example, I am having a hard time replicating it because many feilds are unavailable. I am not sure if advancedform actually uses another ascx or other things.

Thank you

Peter
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?