Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
654 views
I've been loving the new ToolTip and using it quite a bit in the current project I am building. One thing I like is that you can use the tooltip to provide simple information/tasks without using valuable screen realestate. I use a number of tooltips tied to controls that open with the OnClick trigger. I then set it sticky with manual close and then can put a couple of interactive controls in it.

If the page uses postbacks (no Ajax) then I've noticed you can use the controls in my pop-up and when you post back, it performs the logic, the page refreshes, and the pop-up is closed. If I use Ajax however to make it nicer user experience, it performs the logic without a full postback/refresh and of course the tooltip stays open as I would expect. The problem is, often I want the tooltip to close after an action.

I haven't found a good way to force a tooltip closed from the serverside.

Is there one? If not, can it be added in the next SP?

Thanks,

Alex
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
18 answers
331 views
is there anyway to hyperlink the subject or collection?
I thought about using tooptip as a way to hyperlink things, but so far its not very successful.  are there any ways either I can hyperlink the subject itself or through tooltip?

Thank you
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
5 answers
188 views
I have added a prometheus radeditor to a pageview within a multipage and when clicking on any buttons that require dialogues to open I get a JavaScript error: this._container has no properties. I was attempting to follow the online example but these are all based around the old editor?

radTS:RadMultiPage ID="mpMultiPage" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0" RenderSelectedPageOnly="true">
        <radTS:PageView ID="pvPage1" runat="server">
            <telerik:RadEditor ID="reEditorHome" runat="server" Language="en-GB" ToolsFile="~/App_Data/Tools.xml"
            ImageManager-ViewPaths="~/App_Themes/RadControls/Editor/UserDir/Images"
            ImageManager-UploadPaths="~/Editor/Img/UserDir/Marketing"
            ImageManager-DeletePaths="~/Editor/Img/UserDir/Marketing"
            ImageManager-MaxUploadFileSize="200000">
                <Content>
                </Content>
            </telerik:RadEditor>
        </radTS:PageView>
        <radTS:PageView ID="pvPage2" runat="server"></radTS:PageView>
        <radTS:PageView ID="pvPage3" runat="server"></radTS:PageView>
        <radTS:PageView ID="pvPage4" runat="server"></radTS:PageView>
    </radTS:RadMultiPage>
Michael Dunbar
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
1 answer
110 views
hi, i have a aplication were i use radcontrols for asp.net but i need the colorpiker from prometheus, i add it to the project and it works fine if i only view that page, but when i build up my project i have this error

Error 3 O tipo 'Telerik.Charting.Styles.FillStylePlotArea' existe em 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\iffiretv\f54d44bb\df5ec9e9\assembly\dl3\40454fb0\00946952_5afac701\RadChart.Net2.DLL' e em 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Charting\1.6.3.0__d14f3dcc8e3e8763\Telerik.Charting.dll' c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\iffiretv\f54d44bb\df5ec9e9\App_Web_2enawovb.4.cs 281 


how can i fix thiS?

Greetings
RUi
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
1 answer
505 views
Hi, in the example "Using RadWindow URL to supply server arguments" at http://localhost:8301/radcontrols_prometheus/Window/Examples/UsingURLForServerArguments/DefaultCS.aspx, I observe you set Window's title according to the Customer's ID.

But I cannot find where you set it. Could you give me a hint?

Thanks,
Ricky.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
3 answers
158 views
hello guys, I loaded up both schedule and calender, now that schedule successfully loaded the tooltip using acsx, calender is trying to loaded it up as well.

are there anyway to disable the tooltip on rad radcalender?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2007
1 answer
92 views
I am attempting to mesh together a radGrid as a navigator to show various calendars for resources and need some hints.  The SessionDataSource seems to be the best bet as in the examples.  But with the SelectParameter it can be tied to a control and property.  Would anyone know what Property I could tie that to from a row click on the Grid?  I can certainly go to state but am curious about a direct hit.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Doug
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2007
1 answer
80 views
I get a javascript error (object expected) when I click on the MOSS Insert Reusable Content button.

I am using RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.3.2.0, in a MOSS Publishing Site.

The button works in some sub sites but not in others
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2007
7 answers
133 views
Hello there,

I was trying to hook RAD window in a DNN module. I was able to get to function in no time (great job on that), but am facing a problem with the window position while in IE.

Basically the window dock top-left on IE, while on FF is loads in the middle of the screen (which is the desired outcome).

What is even stranger is that exactly the same code in a simple aspx page DOES work in IE. Basically when in DNN, the positioning is CAPUT on IE.

Has anyone had this issue before?

FYI - using DNN 4.7.0
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2007
3 answers
194 views
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade an existing app to prometheus and it appears that the export to pdf is not working, either on my application or on your demos?? Are you aware of this or am i missing something??

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus-futures/Grid/Examples/GeneralFeatures/PdfExport/DefaultCS.aspx

Also i have 2 grids on the same page and only the second one is applying the theme?? again is this a bug or my mistake

Cheers
Anthony
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?