Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
133 views
hai
i have this strange problem with radSliding pane
i have few dropdownlists in a radsliding pane-and i have set true for ClickToOpen
now when i try to select some values in the dropdowns the slidingpane automatically hides
when i click to open it again although the values i selected are persisted
what i need is users need to click to open the sliding pane and either they need to click the save button (so the values are saved) or the close icon in the radslidingpane to close it
i dont want it hiding automatically
any suggestions?
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
23 answers
780 views
With VS2008 Beta-2 being available, and MS talking Go-Live... I'm now starting to consider the next dev platform.

As always, this is a step that involves a great deal of trepidation, so I'm just looking for feedback on what Telerik are experiencing and recommending for use of their controls with VS2008.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
1 answer
164 views
Hi, i just uninstall the 3.5 Beta framwork and install the final 3.5 .net runtime. After change some minor element in my LINQ code, i start having error in the compilation process with the RadAjaxManager telling me that the assembly System.web.extention version1.0.61025.0 was not found. After checking in the windows/Assembly folder I cant see that i only have the new 3.5.0.0 version for this System.web.extention.

I try to use le <runtime> tag in the web.config to resolve the old assembly, without sucess.

Any suggestion?

Here a part of my web.config
<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">  
    <configSections> 
        <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">  
            <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">  
                <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>  
                <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">  
                    <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere"/>  
                    <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>  
                    <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>  
                    <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>  
                </sectionGroup> 
            </sectionGroup> 
        </sectionGroup> 
        <sectionGroup name="telerik.web.ui">  
            <section name="radScheduler" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadSchedulerConfigurationSection, Telerik.Web.UI, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" requirePermission="false"/>  
        </sectionGroup> 
    </configSections> 
    
  <runtime> 
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">  
      <dependentAssembly> 
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35" culture="neutral" /> 
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.61025.0"  newVersion="3.5.0.0"/>  
      </dependentAssembly> 
    </assemblyBinding> 
  </runtime> 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
2 answers
317 views
Dear Telerik,

On your demo site for the RadPrompt feature of RadWindow, I see that when the user presses the "enter" button, my machine beeps and no action is taken. I created a test application and it had the same behavior. Unfortunately, in my production application, pressing enter causes a behavior equivalent to pressing the "Cancel" button in the radPrompt window.

Despite copying my code almost verbatim from the production app to the test app, I cannot recreate the issue. It's not really practical for me to submit my application to you for review, so I was wondering if you had any theoretical ideas of what could interfere with your radPrompt code that would cause your blocking on the "enter" key to take on the equivalent of the Cancel button. I have a number of other Telerik controls, as well as custom Javascript on that page, so I assume there is something else getting in the way.

Thanks for your time and help,

Don
don
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Dec 2007
1 answer
117 views
Is there a way to get the RadMenu to stay at a fixed width without  regard to the Text inside it? If I set the RadMenuItem's width to a certain amount, and have a short string as the text, then a line is generated after the end of the text aligned with other items in the menu. I want to keep the actually length I've specified without the pseudo-length generated by text length. Is this possible?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2007
3 answers
183 views
Hey, I am using the Default skin to the scheduler, I have succesfully changed the backcolor of the appointment following the code samples, however there is still the default "GREEN" border around the appointment, and it makes it look UGLY. Is there a way to get rid of the ugly green border around the appointment.

I have tried using the following code in my over-ridden style, but the green border still exists

rsApt.M360Style .rsAptWrap

{
border-left: 1px solid #999999;
border-right: 1px solid #999999;
background: #999999;
}

rsApt.M360Style .rsAptInner

{
border-left: 1px solid #999999;
border-right: 1px solid #999999;
background: #999999;
}




Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2007
1 answer
403 views
hi good evening to our team

this is mohan

we are using your controls and telerick scheduler also

our project demo is ready to show our client.
it is working in iis everything fine but while uploading in ti webserver
 we got one problem regarding to telerick scheduler
"Unknown server tag 'sds:SessionDataSource'."

url: http://gyangames.com/Scheduler/Examples/Outlook2007/DefaultCS.aspx
<sds:SessionDataSource ID="AppointmentsDataSource" runat="server" DisplayWarning="false"
Line 191: PrimaryKeyFields="ID" ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:RadSchedulerConnectionString %>"
Line 192: SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Appointments]" InsertCommand="INSERT INTO [Appointments] ([Subject], [Start], [End], [RoomID], [UserID], [RecurrenceRule], [RecurrenceParentID]) VALUES (@Subject, @Start, @End , @RoomID, @UserID, @RecurrenceRule, @RecurrenceParentID)"

please provide solution for this prob asap
once approved this demo version then we ready to purchase this product

thanks in advance
syna-g team

mohan

mohan.t@syna-g.com
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2007
8 answers
131 views
When i add a new text with its own style tag in HTML and edit it afterwards it causes Firefox to drop the style tags.

Original:
&nbsp;<style>.txt {font-family:verdana;}</style>
Text!<br />
<span class="txt">Text!</span><br />

Firefox2 (style tags are lost):
<div class="ExternalClass223DBA9FBB184CA1928713C7160113B7">
Text!<br />
<span class="txt">Text!</span><br />
</div>

IE7 (everything is fine):
<div class="ExternalClass223DBA9FBB184CA1928713C7160113B7">
 <style>.ExternalClass223DBA9FBB184CA1928713C7160113B7 .txt {font-family:verdana;}</style>
Text!<br />
<span class="txt">Text!</span><br />
</div>

Is this a bug or a configuration issue?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2007
1 answer
83 views
I have a scheduler in monthview only. I want to display the appointment text as a hyperlink that when clicked would take the user to a page that displays the appointment in greater detail.

Right now the appointment is displayed as plain text, and it is not intuitive enough for the users to understand that they need to click on an appointment to view it. so A hyperlink that would make the mouse cursor change just like a regular hyperlink is needed
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2007
1 answer
150 views
Hello,

I have noticed some issues with firefox and IE7 with the window control.
    1) Looks like in Firefox the window it has like a minimum height.
    2) I am having some issues on the height in FF and in IE7, for example when i load the page, there is 1 window with 200px of height, then I resize it to 400px. Then when i tried just to resize it a little bit, the window will wrap into the first height position. It actually happens in the teleriks online demos, try just to make bigger the window(on height), after that, just try to resize a little bit and you will see that the window will wrap. I think that is because is not actually saving the current height, so when the user resize it again the control only have the first height.

Does someone has any solution for this? is there a fix for this? I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Jose
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?