Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
171 views
Hi,

I havent looked into this too much but i have a page with a prometheus grid, if i try and add grouping functionality(ie show grouppanel=true) i get a javascript error on page load and the grouping isnt functioning. the error is something like:

this._tableView._owner is null or not an object

Any thoughts??

Cheers
Anthony
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2007
4 answers
124 views
Just a question on the Q3 Preview version,
Is clientside GetText function working for anyone is Q3 Preview build?

I'm running some script converted from the Q2 2007 release from RadControls.

var value = radComboBox.GetText()  and its throwing an error.

I found radComboBox.get_selectedItem()._text 

is that what I am supposed to be using now?


Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2007
6 answers
335 views
    In the documentation, the link for FileBrowserContentProviderTypeName (ms-help://telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q2/telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q2/RadEditor~Telerik.WebControls.RadEditor~FileBrowserContentProviderTypeName.html) is broken. The attribute also isn't listed in the RadEditor class members. If that property has been removed, how do I implement my custom FileBrowserContentProvider? Thank you for your time and assitance in this matter.
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
2 answers
143 views
I created an image control and a tool tip control. The tooltip displays with the correct width and height, skin and title, but the actual content is empty. Am I missing something silly?

<%

@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="ImageSelectComboBox.ascx.cs" Inherits="UserControls_ImageSelectComboBox" %>

<%

@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<

asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">

</

asp:ScriptManager>

<

asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" Height="108px" Width="108px" />

<

br />

<

br />

<

telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" Height="200px"

ManualClose="True" Sticky="True" TargetControlID="Image1" Text="TitleBar" Width="200px">

Content

</telerik:RadToolTip>

Andrew Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
1 answer
156 views
hi
this is mohan from syna-g
thanks for your higer response to resove my problems

we got the same problem even if we follwow the same as what you told the heirachy

url :http://gyangames.com/common/screens/login.aspx
username : mohan
password : mohan
please check the above said ling using username/password

 our solution  is working fine in local / iis with local server / webserver database

while uploading web server we got the same error

i reqest u that please provide a facility to attachment for error screen shots
that will help to improve quality of our controls

thanks

mohan

syna-g team





Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
1 answer
159 views
I am using radtooltip as a popup control cuz its pretty easy. However when u start using radtooltip actually as a popup control u will see that there are times when u would need to actually display two popup controls at one time. However with radtooltip there is no way to specify that u do not close the other popup when i am opening this popup control.

Secondly it would be nice since i am using radtooltip as a popup contorol for the radtooltip to be draggable. like a property which says draggable = true

is there any way to do these things currently. can i use drag panel extentender to make tooltip draggable.?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
1 answer
113 views
If a user moves a window below the current content the containing window stretches (scroll bar appears) and you can scroll the containing window. If you move the radWindow above the current content the containing window doesn't scroll. Is there anyway to fix this?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
3 answers
200 views
I want to use an AdvancedEditTemplate to edit an appoinment entry.  However, I have a custom attribute with it and I don't see an easy way to handle updating the attribute.  How do I do one (or all) of these things:

1. Bind to an custom attribute in the edit form.
2. Intercept update event of the form so I can collect the updated attribute data data from the form instance.
3. Retrive the edit form instance during the AppointmentUpdate event.

I was able to fill the attribute data in the FormCreated event, but I'm not see a way to update it.  Nor do I see a way to get the form instance again like I had in the FormCreated event.

Thanks.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
1 answer
185 views
I have an upload button with a status icon next to it:

<tr runat="server" id="tr_upload"> 
   <td> 
      Podcast File: 
   </td> 
   <td> 
      <asp:FileUpload runat="server" ID="fupPodcast" />  
      <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnFileUpload" Text="Upload" Height="22px" /> 
   </td> 
   <td style="text-align: right; width: 40px;"> 
      <asp:Image  runat="server" ID="imgPodcastFeedback" ImageUrl="~/Images/checkmark.png" ImageAlign="AbsMiddle" /> 
      <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" Animation="None" TargetControlID="imgPodcastFeedback" Position="TopRight" AutoCloseDelay="0" HideDelay="500" Width="200px"> 
         <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblToolTip1"></asp:Label> 
     </telerik:RadToolTip> 
   </td> 
</tr> 

When the status icon is moused-over, the tooltip is shown. I also wanted the tooltip to display when the user moused over the "Upload" button, so I added this code:

btnFileUpload.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "ForceTooltip('" + RadToolTip1.ClientID + "', 'SHOW')"); 
btnFileUpload.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "ForceTooltip('" + RadToolTip1.ClientID + "', 'HIDE')"); 

ForceTooltip is a javascript function that looks like this:

function ForceTooltip(id, action) 
{ 
    var tooltip = $find(id); 
 
    if(action == "SHOW") 
        tooltip.show(); 
    else 
        tooltip.hide(); 
} 

The bug occurs when I mouse over the button BEFORE I have moused over the status icon. When I load the page and mouse over the icon, the tooltip repositions itself. After that the upload button mouseover works as expected.

However after initial load, if I mouse over the button before the icon, I get an exception:

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 6170
Error: Sys.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value must be an integer.
Parameter name: x
Actual value was NaN.


Note that the code here may not reproduce the error, as my button/icon/tooltip is inside a radpane in a contentplaceholder.

My app is written for ASP.NET 2.0. Please help!
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
3 answers
103 views
I was just upgrading one of our internal tools that uses RadMenu with the Metallic skin, unfortunatly Metallic doesn't seem to exist in the Promethius Futures build, will it eventually be put back in, if so, any idea when?
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?