Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
256 views
We're switching from ComponentArt's controls to telerik's RadControls, and we've been very pleased so far. One thing ComponentArt did a bid better, however, was following the ASP.NET AJAX conventions. For example methods were camel-cased (datePicker.clear(), not datePicker.Clear()) and properties followed the get/set pattern (datePicker.set_selectedDate(), not datePicker.SetSelectedDate()). Also, the client objects were available through the standard $find(clientID) pattern (not just as global objects). I was hoping telerik would follow these conventions in the "Prometheus" controls, but as far as I can tell, in the documentation, that is not the case. Can you tell me if any of these conventions are or will be supported for "Prometheus" controls?

I realize that, for backwards-compatibility reasons, you may not be able to remove properties or methods defined using the old conventions (Clear() and SetSelectedDate()), but you could leave these methods for compatibility and add the equivalent versions named according to the standard conventions. The same thing could be done for component references (leave the global variable, and add $find(clientID) support). Would it be possible to follow the ASP.NET AJAX conventions going forward?

Thanks,

David
Jafin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Dec 2007
2 answers
246 views
Hi

I currently use ComponentART controls but use the Telerik Editor. I'm seriously thinking of switching to Telerik with their Prometheus controls and they seem to be making serious development for Silverlight which has tipped the balance for me now. I want to switch to Silverlight when it comes out and can't see ComponentART having anything in the pipeline. Does anyone have any issue with memory leakage under IE with Telerik. It is something that really frustrates me with ComponentART with some of their controls which leak memory badly. Would be interested in anyone else who might have moved from ComponentART to Telerik or anyone's opinions ? 

Thanks
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Dec 2007
1 answer
112 views
I found some code in another posting that showed how to disable days of the week by using the OnDayRender server-side event, and that works great. But when I use the client-side navigation to move to the next month, my settings to disable days are no longer in effect. Is it possible to use the client-side OnDayRender event to disable (prevent a user from selecting) a day. What I am trying to do is setup a calendar where only Mondays are selectable days.

Thanks.
Paige Cook
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
3 answers
204 views

I'm trying to display a Label on the YAxis of the chart I'm working with and it does not seem to be working, so I must be missing something here.  My chart is horizontal. Once I run this code, it only displays numeric values at each tick on the axis, but I'm looking to see a Label across the bottom on the entire Axis that says 'Test Label'

Here is my code:

RadChart1.SeriesOrientation =

ChartSeriesOrientation.Horizontal;

ChartSeries

cs = new ChartSeries();

ChartSeriesItem csi = new ChartSeriesItem();

csi.YValue = 7;

cs.Items.Add(csi);

RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.Visible =

true;

RadChart1.PlotArea.YAxis.AxisLabel.TextBlock.Text =

"Test label";

RadChart1.Series.Add(cs);


Thanks
Steve

Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
1 answer
131 views

Hello,

 

I need to manage image map in an editor in MOSS and I wonder if the Image Map function is a part of the RadEditor or do I need to buy the RadControl? Is it a part of the light or full version?

Thanks!

Regards Gunilla

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
0 answers
144 views
do the prometheus line of radcontrols support sharepoint web parts? radcontrols  for asp.net referenced in a sharepoint web part required the css/js folder structure to be pointed to using the "radcontroldir" property.  the new line of prometheus radcontrols are bundled into one .dll (including css/js files), so adding a radcontrol to my sharepoint web part should be very straight forward.

when i attempt to add a prometheus web part to my sharepoint web part, i first get requested to reference system.web.extensions.  i add the reference, and all builds/deploys fine.  when i then attempt to add my web part to a page within a sharepoint portal, i get a very broad error: an unexpected error has occurred.

no error shows in my logs.

i attached to the w3wp process to debug my web part and my code results in no errors.  the error seems to occur between when my web part completes executing and the page renders.

has anyone successfully added a prometheus radcontrol to a sharepoint web part?  or can anyone decipher what my issue is?
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Dec 2007
1 answer
151 views
I have recently installed MOSS sp1 on a sharepoint test server and it seems to have broken the pop up rich text editor on the content editor webpart. I now get a

Object expected
Line: 3032
RTE2PUEditor.aspx
javascript error

as soon as you start to type in the box, the editor is working in all other text areas across the site any ideas? Using version 4.4.1

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
1 answer
74 views
I work with RadEditor for MOSS 2007 Full and I use the feature allowing RadEditor to edit List Items.

I use the mediamanager but i can't render the video. I k now the reason of the problem (MOSS block non html tags).

I have the 4.4.1.0 version and the AllowSpecialTags is not available.

How can I make videos work?

Thx

Loic
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
1 answer
62 views
Hi,

I would like to give the users of my system a couple of choises when pasting text into the editor. I want to display a custom text and giving the user the opportunity to strip the text, paste it as it is or cancel and paste nothing.

Is there a good way of doing so?

Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
1 answer
165 views
Hi.
I want to add targetcontrols for a RadToolTipManager, since the ToolTip is defined in a database. How do I do this? I have tried the following:
<code>
<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="RadToolTipManager1"
    runat="server"
    ManualClose="false"
    Skin="WebBlue"
    Sticky="true"
    OnAjaxUpdate="RadToolTipManager1_AjaxUpdate"
    RelativeTo="Element">
</telerik:RadToolTipManager>
</code>

<code>
'CodeBehind

Public Sub getMyHelp       
 Dim reader As DataTableReader = somedataset.Tables(0).CreateDataReader

        While (reader.Read)
            If reader.Item("Field") = "txtClientNumber" Then
                Dim ttClientNumber As New Label()
                ttClientNumber.Text = reader.Item("HelpText")
                ttClientNumber.ID = reader.Item("Field")
                Me.RadToolTipManager1.TargetControls.Add(reader.Item("Field"), True)
            End If
 End While
End Sub


</code>
Inge Wandsvik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Dec 2007
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?