This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using the RadTabStrip with MOSS 2007

3 Answers 141 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jibey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jibey asked on 20 Dec 2007, 06:55 PM
I'm working at a client site that has a licence for your ASP.NET product and the Prometheus product. I'm using "RadControls for ASP.NET Q2 2007". I'm trying to use RadTabStrip in a SharePoint 2007 WebPart. I've deployed the webpart to my site, and followed the instructions at:
http://www.telerik.com/products/sharepoint/integration-guide.aspx

The instructions in your PDF available at that URL is only applicable to RadMenu. The instructions for deploying the skins directory in that guide is not applicable to RadTabStrip and it required some guesswork on my part, which I'm not sure if I've got that right.

I've got a couple of webparts in my assembly. One that uses RadTabStrip which I've called BJDocumentPrecedentsTabs and one that just uses a couple of ASP.NET DropDownList controls which I've called BJThumbNail. I can't preview BJDocumentPrecedentsTabs in the WebPart gallery - I get an error in SharePoint, while I can preview BJThumbNail which is rendered properly with the DropDownList controls.

When I try to add BJDocumentPrecedentsTabs to a page, I get the following error in SharePoint:
"Unable to add selected web part(s). One of the properties of the Web Part has an incorrect format. Windows SharePoint Services cannot deserialize the Web Part. Check the format of the properties and try again."

Please post specific instructions on how to deploy RadTabStrip on a SharePoint 2007 site in reply to this.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2007, 12:47 PM
Hello Jibey,

Building a WebPart with RadTabStrip should work identically to building one with RadMenu and the integration guide just uses RadMenu as an example.

Unfortunately, SharePoint errors usually do not provide enough information to understand the real cause of the problem. Can you please open a support ticket and send us the WebPart you are trying to implement? This will let us debug the problem locally and allow us to provide a solution much quicker.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Dimitar Milushev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Jibey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2007, 01:50 PM
I can't send you the webpart. I've signed a confidentiality agreement with my client.

Please post the steps required to deploy the RadTabStrip skins directory in the SharePoint runtime. As I had mentioned in my previous posting, the PDF integration guide for SharePoint that's avaialabe on your website is specific to RadMenu, at least as far as deploying the skins directory goes. Please take a look at it if you haven't already.

Thanks.

Jibey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2007, 07:28 PM
I've solved my problem with my RadTabStrip not rendering. Apparently, I got it right when I deployed the skins directory to the SharePoint runtime. The problem was caused by something else in my environment.

I would like to know, is it possible to use RadTabStrip with .NET Framework 3.5 Ajax UpdatePanel for ASP.NET? Even though I set AutoPostBack to true for my RadTabStrip control, the Click event is not firing. I have registered an event handler, the handler is just not executing.

Are there any gotchas with using RadTabStrip with UpdatePanel? Or should I use RadAjax?

Thanks.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Jibey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
Jibey
Top achievements