Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
181 views
Is there any way to give the tooltip a template witout having to create a completly different page like in the RichContent live demo.

I mean, maybe something like :

        <telerik:RadToolTip runat="server" ID="RadToolTip2" height="100px" width="150px" 
            IsClientID="true" 
            TargetControlId = "link1" 
            onclientbeforehide="OnClientBeforeHide"   
            onclientbeforeshow="OnClientBeforeShow"   
            Position="TopCenter" 
            onclienthide="OnClientHide"   
            onclientshow="OnClientShow">  
              
            <Template> 
               html content   
            </Template> 
              
            </telerik:RadToolTip>  


Thankx
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
7 answers
328 views
Background:
I have a user control that gets added to a content page for a master page dynamically.  That user control will then dynamically load another user control based on the currently selected tab.  The newly loaded tab content has a RadGrid that allows sorting.  The tab and the grid actions should be performed using AJAX.

The Problem:
With the user control below, I get a flicker in the browser everytime I click a tab or sort the grid (both of which are ajaxified).  How can I get rid of the flicker?


<asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server"> 
</asp:ScriptManagerProxy> 
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTabStripCourses"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="TabContentPlaceHolder"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTabStripCourses"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="TabContentPlaceHolder"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="TabContentPlaceHolder"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy> 
<radTS:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStripCourses" runat="server" ClickSelectedTab="false" 
    AutoPostBack="true" Skin="Simple" Width="100%" SelectedIndex="1"> 
    <Tabs> 
        <radTS:Tab Text="Pending" Value="Pending" runat="server"> 
        </radTS:Tab> 
        <radTS:Tab Text="Completed" Value="Completed" runat="server"> 
        </radTS:Tab> 
        <radTS:Tab Text="Expired" Value="Expired" runat="server"> 
        </radTS:Tab> 
    </Tabs> 
</radTS:RadTabStrip> 
<asp:Panel ID="TabContentPlaceHolder" runat="server" EnableViewState="false"> 
</asp:Panel> 
 


Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
82 views

Hello,

Is it possible to show/hide the options like Image Manager, MOSSLinkManager, MOSSTemplateManager etc list by list in Lite RadEditor for MOSS?

Is there a way to have two descrete versions of rad editor installed?

Regards,
Kishan

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
2 answers
124 views
I have added a GridButtonColumn to a radGrid, so e.g. a column with "Edit" for all rows is visible. Is it possible to have "Edit" not for all rows? I want to show a list where for some records it is not allowed to edit.
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
71 views
I cannot run RadControls "Prometheus" in SharePoint 2007,  navigate to sharePoint error page.
Pls help me as soon.

Thanks!

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
6 answers
198 views
Hi,

When i try to use the RadDockLayout in VS2008, it is very thin.

I stuck a table with width and height set to 100% in there (expecting the RadDockLayout to resize accordingly) but it is still extremely thin.

This doesn't exactly 'assist' me with designing the page in the designer as the middle column of my table is like five pixels wide and that is the column that contains the ContentPlaceHolder.

I work exclusively with percentage based sizing (prototyping an entirely integrated company CRM/Accounting/Marketing/etc application and decided to try Prometheus after RadControls for ASP.NET gave me some major headaches) and the application has to size itself to whatever resolution the (80+) workstations use.

Been fighting with this for hours but there is no 'width' and 'height' settings for the RadDockLayout and as thus, nothing seems to work with sizing that thing to a usable width inside the VS2008 designer. A five pixel ContentPlaceHolder is just not workable.

I sincerely hope this is possible to do, as i will have to move to another vendor if i cannot get this to work (Telerik seems the best so far in our trials, but trivial things like described above REALLY kill any maintainability for my client and as thus, not usuable for us as a company).

This is how it looks inside VS2008: VS2008 RadDockLayout image.

The entire table is sized to 100% width and height, the left column is 20% width, the middle column is 60% width and the right column is 20% width. As you can see, it sizes to the size of the RadDockLayout, not the size of the designer window (I run 1680x1050). It does, however, look right in the browser when 'executing' the application.

Here's the aspx script for it:

<div id="DemoMainTable" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"> 
    <telerik:raddocklayout id="RadDockLayout1" runat="server" skin="Blue"> 
        <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;"> 
            <tr> 
                <td colspan="3"> 
                </td> 
            </tr> 
            <tr> 
                <td style="width: 20%;"> 
                    <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" Runat="server" Height="500px" Skin="Blue"> 
                    </telerik:RadDockZone> 
                </td> 
                <td style="width: 60%; vertical-align: top;"> 
                    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="DemoContentPlaceHolder" runat="server"> 
                    </asp:ContentPlaceHolder> 
                </td> 
                <td style="width: 20%;"> 
                    <telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone2" Runat="server" Height="500px" Skin="Blue"> 
                    </telerik:RadDockZone> 
                </td> 
            </tr> 
            <tr> 
                <td colspan="3"> 
                </td> 
            </tr> 
        </table> 
    </telerik:raddocklayout> 
</div> 
 


Regards,

Mike
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
15 answers
1.1K+ views
I'm highly interested in the potential benefits that the RadScriptManager is supposed to be providing, but so far it appears that something isn't working just yet.  Having no documentation isn't helping me out either.  I've replaced my ScriptManager with the RadScriptManager, added the HttpHandler to the web.config, and run the project, and come across the following javascript error:

"... type Telerik.Web.BoxSlide has already been added ..."

The situation is that I've got a Prometheus menu on the main page, which loads a User Control upon the Page_Load that also contains another menu and it appears that the RadScriptManager tries to load the necessary types twice because of that.

I could be way off... but again, without any documentation it's hard to figure out what's going on.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
153 views
Is there anyway to load the rest of the page before loading a radgrid. I have a grid that loads pretty slow and there is not anyway to really optimize it any more. So i would like to be able to load the page and then have the radgrid load. That way users don't have a blank page with an hourglass while the grid is loading.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
113 views
Sorry if this is in the help, or examples, but I can't seem to find it.

How do I specify rtl from an xml definition ??

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
9 answers
217 views
Hi.

Thanks for your response.
Also I was wondering if there will be a context menu/ scheduler integration.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?