Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
86 views
Can the full code for the webservice used in the online demo for binding prometheus menu to a webservice be posted. The stub does not help much for determining what we need to return from the webservice.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
3 answers
133 views
In RadMenu OnClientMouseOver event was working fine, but in Prometheus Menu it is not working, even I Checked in

http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Menu/Examples/Programming/ClientEvents/DefaultCS.aspx

Link and Clicked only MouseOverEvent Check and checked that It is not responding that event.

And even I Checked ParentItem text it is not working in MenuItemClick

In RadMenu it was

eventArgs.Item.Parent.Text

Same way I checked for prometheus menu with

eventArgs.get_item().get_parent().get_text()

But no result....

Please tell me how many this type of functionality has been removed???

Thanks

Anil Lakhani
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
2 answers
120 views
Hi,
I've got a hiearchial rad grid and i've noticed that with my DateTime columns, the ReadOnly property is not being respected on the MasterTableView level. The detail tables have these columns and the readonly property is being respected

The readonly property seems to work for the other types of columns i've used (databound, checkbox, dropdown list)

This is my definition of the column:

 <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn ReadOnly="True"  
CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter"  
DataField="DueDateTime" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Due Date"  
SortExpression="DueDateTime" UniqueName="DueDateTime"  
DataType="System.DateTime"  DataFormatString="{0:d}"> 
</telerik:GridDateTimeColumn> 

Thanks,
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
3 answers
191 views
What is the recommended way to update the telerik controls?
If I have installed a previous version and then say I want to update to the rad asp.net controls and prometheus controls release today, how would you recommend that I do this if I want to make sure that all my current applications in progress, and previous applications use the latest version?

Should I just uninstall the previous version then install the new?

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
5 answers
229 views
i'm using radcombo with a radgrid for item selection. i use the telerik suggested javascript to set_text of the combo which is then available server side.

all good.

but, i have a PK which i also need to extract from the combo and i dont want this to appear in the combo text. so, i used the client side set_value function to store but when i get client side there is no sign of this. i'm not even sure where i'm supposed to collect it from since there is no "value" for the combo, only selectedvalue.

i suppose i could store the information in a hidden field but i would prefer the more elegant solution of extracting it from the combo.

can you help with that.
thanks,
rob
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
6 answers
290 views
I want to be able to show a tooltip from server side postback. I have a javascript function:


function

ShowToolTip()

{

var tooltip = $find("<%= this.RadToolTip1.ID %>");

tooltip.show();

}


If I call this function from an input button, onclick, the tooltip shows up just fine. If I register the function as a startup script on the server side, the function is called, but the client side tooltip == null. I'm assuming this means that it has not yet been created. I tried calling the function from onload (which occurs after startup script), and it is also null. Is there anyway I can get the desired functionality? Essentially, I'm trying to get the same functionality as RadWindow.VisibleOnPageLoad -- for RadTooltip instead of RadWindow.
CmdJerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
3 answers
107 views
Hello,

I was using RadEditor Lite on my MOSS2007 application and had no trouble.
Since I've upgraded it to the Full featured version it appears that on some computer RadEditor doesn't work. The problem occurs on Linux computers using FireFox 1.7.10 or FireFox 2.0.0.11. The problem is that RadEditor isn't enabled on the websites with this computers whereas it perfectly works on other stations, with the same versions of Linux and Firefox....

Is there any known problem about RadEditor under linux/firefox ? (what is very strange is that it works with some computers and not with others whereas versions are the same !)
Is there any difference betwenn full and lite version that could explain this change ?

Thanks,
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
78 views
I started a thread the other day about a problem I had with the Q3 release of prometheus, specifically the grid, where I would get a JS error that said "Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager is null or not an object." I posted some code, but then stated that I couldn't attach a project where I've duplicated the error. Then I got the email below showing a new post to the thread, but now I can't figure out where it's at to post attach a project.

Is it moved? Hidden? Sorry, don't use these forums a whole lot.

"Your web.config looks ok and since we cannot reproduce the problem with your code, we've transfered your forum thread to support inquiry, so that you can attach a full sample project including the bin folder. Once we review it we will be able to advise you accordingly.

 Looking forward to your reply.

 All the best,

 Steve

the Telerik team"

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
223 views

Hi!

I've created a form, and made the necessary code to change the background color of every control (including Telerik's Combobox) whenever it has the Focus.

Everything was working perfectly. I mean, whenever I pressed the TAB key and the next control was a combobox, the combo immediatly gained the Focus.

While showing my great achievement to a colleague, the behaviour was a little different: We needed to press the TAB key twice so that the combo gained the focus.

The only difference is that I'm using IE 7.0.5730.11 and my colleague's browser is 7.0.5730.13...


My code snippets:

// My C# Code  
 
 public class BaseCombo : Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox  
    {  
        protected override void OnPreRender(EventArgs e)  
        {  
            this.Skin = "Outlook";  
            this.NoWrap = true;  
            this.OnClientFocus = "bcSetFocus";  
            this.OnClientBlur = "bcLostFocus";  
            base.OnPreRender(e);              
        }  
    } 

And...

<!--My javascript code-->  
 
function bcSetFocus(sender, eventArgs)  
{      
    var input= sender._inputDomElement;  
    input.style.background="fffaf0";   
}  
 
 
function bcLostFocus(sender, eventArgs)  
{  
      
    var input= sender._inputDomElement;  
    input.style.background="ffffff";   
} 

Am I doing this the correct way? Thanks!

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
199 views
Hi,
I would like to implement a Message management module, which is similar to GMail. After one clicks the message title, the message list part (a .ascx) will be replaced with content (.ascx) with Ajax. If one continue to click the "Go back" button, it will return go the message list.

In a words, could I leverage Telerik Ajax itself  to implement Ajax History or inetegrate ASP.NET Ajax History (http://www.asp.net/downloads/3.5-extensions/) with Rad Ajax to achieve the history functionality.

Thanks,
Ricky.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?