Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
11 answers
232 views
With the latest build I cant get the radgrids to appears inside the tooltips anymore. Basically the tooltip will not appear if there is a grid inside it.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
3 answers
258 views
I've made a simple toolbar that consists of
font size selector, seperator, bold, italics, underline.

Problem is that the area given to the font size selector is only about 36 pixels so in IE7 it get's chopped off by the text-overflow style and says "S..." but in Firefox for some reason it says "Size" with the last e being slightly obsecured by the drop down arrow.

So now the client WANTS the word Size to be displayed... am I able to change the width of the space occupied by the dropdown?

Thank you!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
217 views
I'm trying to do populate a radgrid using sqldatasource. There are three levels to the grid.

The top level can be populated using one of two different datasources. The other two levels always have their datasources fixed.

The top level datasources will return the exact same fields (the only difference is in their select statement).

I've tried doing this:
 void ScheduleDetailView_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        string typeID = Request["typeId"]; 
        if ( typeID == "1") 
        { 
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DataSourceID = "JobsSourceSuburb"; 
        } 
        else 
        { 
            RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DataSourceID = "JobsSourceTech"; 
        } 
    } 

The data binds correctly, however it does not let me expand down to the other levels of the grid. If i hardcode the DataSourceId for the masterview table into the aspx it works fine.

My RadGrid definition is below:

     <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" Skin="Web20" AllowSorting="True" DataSourceID="JobsSourceTech" GridLines="None" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AutoGenerateEditColumn="True" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True"> 
    <GroupPanel ID="GroupPanel" Style="width: 100%;"> 
    </GroupPanel> 
    <ExportSettings> 
        <Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" /> 
        <Excel Format="Html" /> 
    </ExportSettings> 
    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" DataKeyNames="JobId" 
         Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto" AllowAutomaticUpdates="true" EditMode="InPlace"> 
        <EditFormSettings> 
            <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"> 
            </EditColumn> 
        </EditFormSettings> 
        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
            Resizable="False"> 
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
            Visible="False"> 
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
        <Columns> 
            <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                UniqueName="AutoGeneratedEditColumn"> 
                <HeaderStyle Width="30px" /> 
            </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="OrderNumber" 
                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Order Number" 
                ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="OrderNumber"> 
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="AccountName" 
                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Account" 
                ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="Account Name"> 
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Address" SortExpression="Address" UniqueName="column" DataField="Address" ReadOnly="True"> 
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Suburb" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Suburb" ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="Suburb"> 
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Vacant" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Vacant" SortExpression="Vacant" UniqueName="Vacant"> 
                </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
                        <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Recall" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Recall" SortExpression="Recall" UniqueName="Recall"> 
                </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
                  <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Confirmed" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Confirmed" SortExpression="Confirmed" UniqueName="Confirmed"> 
                </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
            <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn ReadOnly="True" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="DueDateTime" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Due Date" SortExpression="DueDateTime" UniqueName="DueDateTime" DataType="System.DateTime"  DataFormatString="{0:d}"> 
                </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn> 
        </Columns> 
        <DetailTables> 
            <telerik:GridTableView runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="None" 
                CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" DataKeyNames="JobId,JobCodeId" DataSourceID="JobCodesSource" 
                Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto"> 
                <EditFormSettings> 
                    <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"> 
                    </EditColumn> 
                </EditFormSettings> 
                <ParentTableRelation> 
                    <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="JobId" MasterKeyField="JobId" /> 
                </ParentTableRelation> 
                <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                    Resizable="False"> 
                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                    Visible="False"> 
                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                <Columns> 
                <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="CodeId" DataSourceID="CodeSource" ListTextField="CodeName"  
                            ListValueField="CodeId" HeaderText="Code" UniqueName="CodeId" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"> 
                     </telerik:GridDropDownColumn> 
 
                   <telerik:GridNumericColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="QuantityRequired" 
                        DataType="System.Decimal" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" 
                        HeaderText="QuantityRequired" SortExpression="QuantityRequired" UniqueName="QuantityRequired" NumericType="Number"> </telerik:GridNumericColumn> 
                     
                    <telerik:GridNumericColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="QuantityCompleted" 
                        DataType="System.Decimal" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" 
                        HeaderText="QuantityCompleted" SortExpression="QuantityCompleted" UniqueName="QuantityCompleted" NumericType="Number"> 
                        </telerik:GridNumericColumn>  
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Comment" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                        ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Comment" SortExpression="Comment" UniqueName="Comment"> 
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>          
                </Columns> 
                <DetailTables> 
                    <telerik:GridTableView runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" 
                        DataSourceID="JobScheduleSource" DataKeyNames="JobCodeId,ScheduleId" Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto"> 
                        <EditFormSettings> 
                            <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"> 
                            </EditColumn> 
                        </EditFormSettings> 
                         <ParentTableRelation> 
                            <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="JobCodeId" MasterKeyField="JobCodeId" /> 
                        </ParentTableRelation> 
                        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                            Resizable="False" Visible="False"> 
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                            Visible="False"> 
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                        <Columns> 
                            <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="ScheduleDateTime" 
                                DataType="System.DateTime" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" 
                                HeaderText="Schedule Date/Time" UniqueName="ScheduleDateTime" PickerType="DateTimePicker"> 
                            </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="TechnicianId" DataSourceID="TechniciansSource" ListTextField="TechName"  
                            ListValueField="TechnicianId" HeaderText="Technician" UniqueName="TechnicianId" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"> 
                            </telerik:GridDropDownColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="ScheduleNote" 
                                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Notes" 
                                MaxLength="200" UniqueName="ScheduleNote"> 
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                        </Columns> 
                    </telerik:GridTableView> 
                </DetailTables> 
            </telerik:GridTableView> 
        </DetailTables> 
    </MasterTableView> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 

Any help would be appreciated,

Fayez
EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
202 views
Hi all,

I'm trying to use ObjectDataSources for each level of a RadGrid Hierarchy view, almost exactly like the AccessDataSources are listed in the sample on the web site that shows the customer - order - order details in an expandable hierarchy view.  I think I'm close to getting it working, but no matter what I put in the SelectParameters the value I get in the SelectParameter function is 0.  (In other words, I have the ObjectDataSource that handles getting the data for the children of the top-level items taking a parameter to represent the item that was expanded.  However, I can't tell what item was expanded and therefore cannot tell which children to get.)  Has anyone else run into this problem?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Scott
EmpowerIT
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Jan 2008
1 answer
180 views
Hi,

Since I am a new user these problems maybe due to wrong installation.
Here is what I have done.

  1. I am using Visual Web Developer and Prometheus Controls.
  2. I create a new website.
  3. Add the RadScriptManager and in the smart tag I click to register the manager in the webconfig file.
  4. I drop a calendar control, a combobox and a radtext box.
  5. The skins for the calendar and combobox are visible during runtime but I can't select any values from the controls as they look frozen.
  6. The textbox's skin is visible dure design time but not during runtime. Also the emptytext value is not shown during runtime.
  7. I open my Firefox Error Console and I see the following errors :
          Type is not defined
         
http://localhost:1113/MySampleSite/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd? TSM HiddenField=RadScriptManager1......

         Sys is not defined
      
http://localhost:1113/MySampleSite/Default.aspx

  Any suggestions of what I am doing wrong.

Note that I have also installed the Q3 Rad controls if that makes any difference.

Thank you,

Chris
Paul Corbett
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
3 answers
336 views
Thank you very much for simplifying my life. I spent the last six months trying to implement a calendar functionality in my product. Tried almost every product found on the web some too simple other too complex. Telerik Rad Scheduler delivers the complexcity and the simplicity at the same time.  Even the complexicity is implemented in simple Telerik fashion: "deliver more than expected".  I cannot find a word to describe how please I am with this control.

I have two questions:
1. When I implement a recurring appointment I do not not see any additional rows added to my datbase.  I have a cost ($ amt) associated with each appointment and later on I need to report on that. How can I implement this?
2. I did not see any implementation of a reminder/alarm before an appointment time. Will that be implemented?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
3 answers
134 views
Hi all,

The text displayed in the comboBox is always align at the vey top ff the comboBox in Safari.

So in this case below, the text "United States" is alway displayed top-left in Safari.

Is this a known issue or am i doiing something wrong?

Thanks!
<telerik:RadComboBox Width="239px" Skin="Vista" ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server">  
    <Items> 
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="United States" /> 
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Canada" /> 
    </Items> 
</telerik:RadComboBox> 
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
2 answers
185 views
Hi,

I am just wondering if I can install and use the RadControls with Visual Web Developer 2005?

Thanks
Paul Corbett
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
3 answers
187 views

I have a grid with a PagerStyle of NextPrevNumericAndAdvanced. When I try grid.MasterTableView.ExportToCSV(), I receive the error below.

When I set grid.MasterTableView.PagerStyle.Visible = false, the export works fine.

I think the pager is trying to register a script control for the page index or page size text boxes, during a rebind for the export (since IgnorePaging=true and rebinding is necessary).

Perhaps the grid should rebind before PreRender when exporting, so that if any of the child controls are script controls, they are being loaded early enough in the lifecycle to register themselves.

David


Exception Info

System.InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered after PreRender.
   at System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptControl[TScriptControl](TScriptControl scriptControl)
   at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScriptControl[TScriptControl](TScriptControl scriptControl)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.RegisterScriptControl()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadNumericTextBox.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.DataBind()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.AutoDataBind(GridRebindReason rebindReason)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.RebindForExport()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.Grid.Export.TableViewExporter.PrepareForExport()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.Grid.Export.TableViewExporter.CSVExportRenderForm(HtmlTextWriter nullWriter, Control form)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.Grid.Export.TableViewExporter.CSVExportRenderPage(HtmlTextWriter nullWriter, Control page)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at Telerik.WebControls.RadAjaxManager.AJAX_Page_Render(HtmlTextWriter output, Control container)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
1 answer
93 views
Hi @all,

we tried to migrate from the current RAD Editor to the Prometheus version for testing. Editor is used in a WSS / SharePoint Server WebPart. 2 Problems we have so far:

1. Toolbar Mode: Toolbar should be shown at the top of the page. This is working with the current RAD Editor but not with the Prometheus version. Toolbar is shown anywhere on the page, but not at the top.

2. Full Screen: This is working with the current RAD Editor but not with the Prometheus version. Editor is resized to a single vertical line. Nothing more.

Any ideas are welcome. We would like to use the Prometheus version as soon as possible if it is faster in our environement (and it should be faster, or not?). We have about 5 to 8 Editor instances on a single page and the page is not loading very fast (10 - 15 sec).

Thanks for help

Tom
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?