Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
94 views
Hi

I'm using VS2008, ASP.NET 3.5 and C#.

I'm having trouble getting Hiding expand/collapse images when no records with HierarchyLoadMode = Client to work as discussed in: ms-help://telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/telerik.radcontrols.prometheus.2007.Q3/grdHideExpandCollapseImagesWhenNoRecordsClientLoadMode.html.

My OnRowCreated fires however although the 'rowObject' in the event is a valid object, rowObject.ItemType is always undefined.

Am I doing something wrong?


Kind regards

Mark Eaton


Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
5 answers
255 views
My RadMenu was working fine with the Rad Controls. After upgrading it to Prometheus, I get the error only on Production Server that -

Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.

[HttpException (0x80004005): Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.] System.Web.Util.UrlPath.ReduceVirtualPath(String path) +3644954 System.Web.Util.UrlPath.ReduceVirtualPath(String path) +3644992 System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Reduce(String path) +84 System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative) +355 System.Web.UI.Control.ResolveUrl(String relativeUrl) +235 Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenuItem.RenderImage(HtmlTextWriter writer) +90 Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenuItem.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer) +80

My RadMenu ImageUrl refers to ~/images/icons folder. And I checked the whole site - there is no reference to "../" for css. I had a css that was referencing images as "../" - and it was working fine. I even took that CSS out - still its giving this error.

So, what could be wrong?
-Piyush
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
5 answers
165 views
Hi,
I find that if I wrap a RadGrid with skin: outlook in a .ascx, and then use RadDock to load it as you do in the on-line portal example. The skin files (.css images) of RadGrid  will not be properly loaded as in 
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3qudd3

After refresh the page, it become normal
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ii3or6.

Is this a bug?

Ricky.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
4 answers
381 views
Hi!

I'm using Telerik's Grid (Prometheus) version, but as soon as I add the following line of code (regarding the client settings):

<

ClientSettings Selecting-AllowRowSelect="true" EnablePostBackOnRowClick="true"></ClientSettings>


I receive the error: Sys.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: id.

Everything works fine, but is there any reason for this to happen? Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
2 answers
81 views
Not sure if this has been reported but it appears that this particular demo does not work in Safari 3.0.4.  Selecting a new item in the combobox does not update the Grid.  I have not yet tested this in any other browsser.

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Controls/Examples/Integration/GridComboAjax/DefaultCS.aspx
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
1 answer
62 views
Add tooltips to a webform (around 3 or so) then generate a local resource for that page. All the tooltips now dissapear. Noticed this whilst working on vs 2008. Telerik can you please confirm.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
1 answer
124 views
Hi,
I have some RadDatePicker controls on a page. If I set visible = false then the value of the control is returned on postback via viewstate. If, however, I set enabled = false then the value is shown (greyed out and not selectable - exactly what I want) BUT the value is not returned on postback via viewstate.

Is this expected behaviour? The TextBox control does not behave like this. It will save viewstate when disabled.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
1 answer
119 views
I would like to do the following with the ToolTip control:

1) Sometimes the view gets obstructed if the popup is too close to the edges.

The popoup can become obstructed depending on the position of your scroll bars. This way some of the picture will not be visible sometimes. For example if you place the popup with picture in the right lower corner of the link and than have it shown as last line on the page, the view will be obstructed.

2) After page loads, load all images in the background

3) If user moves mouse over image check if it is loaded, if not load it. But never loads image again

Can somebody guide me how I can acomplish those goals. Thanks

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
1 answer
72 views

I'd like the treeview to work like the combobox where you can select a node and then start typeing the text your looking for and it will automatically select that node.  It would probably only make sense to search the nodes under the selected nodes parent but on a large tree this would allow you to navigate it very fast.

You are already captureing the arrow keys for navigating the tree so it seems like it would be a pretty easy extension of that to get this working. 

Thanks,
Mark

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
7 answers
191 views
How can I use a LoadingPanel with the treeview control? I tried putting the treeview into an ajaxpanel but then some of the events do not postback correctly.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?