Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
147 views
Hey folks, I am trying to use the virtual scrolling feature but when I scroll down always a null reference exception at the server is raised.. however when I use the pager symbols and go to second page, or sort the grid by clicking on a column header the error is not longer raised and virtual scrolling works as expected.

my setup is a bit more complex as I use the grid control in an ASP.net UserControl which stores the data in a session variable like this.


Public Property ViewSource() As System.Data.DataView

Get

If m_ViewSource Is Nothing Then
m_ViewSource = CType(Session(Me.UniqueID), Data.DataView)

End If

Return Me.m_ViewSource

End Get

Set(ByVal Value As System.Data.DataView)

Session.Add(Me.UniqueID, Value)

m_ViewSource = Value

End Set

End Property

Private Sub RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.NeedDataSource

Me.RadGrid1.DataSource = Me.ViewSource

End Sub


The grid is populated like this:

Public
Sub LoadView(ByVal viewtable As DataTable)

Try

Dim view As New Data.DataView

 view.Table = viewtable

Me.ViewSource = view

Me.RadGrid1.DataSource = Me.ViewSource

Me.RadGrid1.Rebind()

Catch ex As Exception

RaiseEvent ErrorEvent(Me, New ErrorEventArgs(ex))

End Try

End Sub


Any help would be highly appreciated

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
1 answer
234 views
I need help with making the grid refresh/rebind after I add a record using a RadWindow.

Thanks.
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
3 answers
222 views
Just curious if Telerik is still on schedule to release the Prometheus service pack today?

Thanks!

John
Pyron Technologies
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
1 answer
165 views

(Q3) I put a Splitter inside an update panel and then use a button to set one of its' RadPane's ContentURL to a different URL

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="udpMenu" runat="server">  
                        <ContentTemplate> 
                            <telerik:RadSplitter SkinID="Default" Height="100%" Width="100%" ID="rspContent" 
                                runat="server" Orientation="Vertical">  
                                <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server" Width="175" MaxWidth="175" Scrolling="Y">  
                                    NavBar  
                                </telerik:RadPane> 
                                <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward" /> 
                                <telerik:RadPane ID="rpnContent" ContentUrl="http://www.yahoo.com" runat="server" Scrolling="None">  
                                </telerik:RadPane> 
                            </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                        </ContentTemplate> 
                        <Triggers> 
                            <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="btn" /> 
                        </Triggers> 
                    </asp:UpdatePanel> 

The btn has OnClick="btn_Click" which set rpnContent.ContentURL to http://www.google.com

On first load using IE7 with the Javascript error notification turned on, I get this weird Error 153 Unspecified Error.

Click the btn, and I get this error message: "Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not enabled, or of a type that does not accept focus"

In Firefox, no Error, just 4 Warnings:
Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'top'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://localhost:2188/WebSite1/Default.aspx
Line: 0

also for property left, height, and width

Other than that, it works really nice. I know most users have their IE7 JS error switched off, but that yellow triangle warning icon at bottom left means imperfection, and Telerik != Imperfection. Hope it's fixed in the next release

Thanks

Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
9 answers
132 views
Hi,

I'm in the process of changing my "RadWindow" to the prometheus version, but have had a few problems.

My main issue was getting the top/left of the window. The GetLeftPosition() always returns undefined. I checked in the documentation and it seems theres a "getWindowBounds". The documentation however shows an example of RadWindow1.getWindowBounds().left; which doesn't work.

Is the documentation wrong, or do I need Q3 of the controls (I have 2007 Q2 at the moment)?

Is "GetLeftPostion" not available in Prometheus?

Regards

Bobby
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
3 answers
367 views
Hi all,

Could someone please provide me with an example on how to use the get_attributes collection on the client?  I'm trying to retrieve the attributes that I set on the server and can't find a demo or documentation that shows how to do that.

Thanks for the help,

Greg
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
4 answers
184 views
Hi

I have a treeview. When the user clicks a node a custom control is added to the node by using the function:

clickednode.controls.add(MyCustomDatagrid)

The problem is that the node where the control is added to has a style applied, and that I do not want as the control (datagrid) added to the node not must be formatted.

How do I clear the style of the node.

I do not want to set the CSS of the node, I just want to clear it.

Looking forward to solve this issue.

Best Regards
Thomas
Thomas Kristensen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
13 answers
1.0K+ views

Hi,
     I'm having some problem with the RadGrid grouping.

I want to group the data like this.

Country

City

Description

Austria

 

 

 

Vienna

 

 

 

Desc1

 

 

Desc2

 

Linz

 

 

 

Desc1

Germany

 

 

 

Berlin

 

 

 

Description1

 

Munich

 

 

 

Description1

 

 

Description2

 

 Currently it comes like this.

Country

City

Description

Austria

Vienna

Desc1

Austria

Vienna

Desc2

Austria

Linz

Desc1

Germany

Berlin

Description1

Germany

Munich

Description1

Germany

Munich

Description2

 It's very urgent.

Regards,
Ganeshpandi.M

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hello,

I am trying the grid and I keep getting a javascript error on the page. I used to use the radcontrols for asp.net and didn't get any errors. This is the error I get using promethius:

_1.OnWindowResize is not a function




Also, I used a skin in the previous version and it worked but doesn't anymore. I can't seem to fix any height to the grid. I suppose it is because of the javascript error. Any workaround for this?
Thank you
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
8 answers
752 views
Hi

I'm using VS2008 with .NET 3.5 and C#.

I have a hierarchal RadGrid. Sometimes based on a selected value of a RadCombobox I need to expand the hierarchy to the next level using ServerOnDemand.

I'm not sure if the following is the best approach, but if the client meets certain criteria I issue the following:

__doPostBack(

"<%= this.UniqueID %>", "GridExpand:" + i + ":" + j);

Where "this" is the current user control where the grid is located, "i" is the current detail view and "j" is the current row. This is caught successfully on the server "RaisePostBackEvent(string eventArgument)".

The hierarchy even expands.

However this does a full postback, even though the grid is also wrapped with an AJAX Update Panel.

Is there a way to ajaxify this or am I completely on the wrong track?


Kind regards

Mark Eaton
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?