Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
154 views
Hi.
My site doesn't refresh at all - all content is loading dinamically inside of Update Panel (standart ajax)

I tried to use Treeview, after loading page context (dinamicaly) treeview do not shows correctly - treeview styles/scripts are not loaded (it shows only top nodes with 'li' tag dots).
Only full page refresh help with this.
However I want to load all required scripts/styles dinamicaly

Is there any way to help me (without changing overall site's behaviour) ?
p.s. sorry for my english
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
1 answer
229 views
Is there a page in help or a document you guys could attach that outlines the properties you can use in the xml schema file and their purpose?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
1 answer
136 views
Hi,

How do I get the new height of the dock pane when user expands or collapses it? I tried the following methods but none of them work.Where can I find documentation for RadDock client API?

function OnClientCommand(sender, eventArgs)
{
    
if (eventArgs.Command.get_name() == "ExpandCollapse"
)
    {
        sender.get_Height();  // return null.
        eventArgs.Command.get_RadDock().get_Height();  // return null.
        eventArgs.Command.get_RadDock().get_NewHeight(); // object doesn't support this method.
        eventArgs.get_OldHeight(); // object doesn't support this method.
        eventArgs.get_NewHeight(); // object doesn't support this method
    
}
}


Thanks.

Kian
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
5 answers
279 views
I'm getting a Selection Out of Range error when trying to do something very simple with the DropDown control.

Based on a radio selection list, the items in the drop down list should change. The items are retrieved from a datasource, however i manually add the "All" item to the list. The code is below:

 void JobsList_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        FilterCombo.AppendDataBoundItems = true; 
        FilterCombo.Items.Clear(); 
        RadComboBoxItem myItem = new RadComboBoxItem("All", "-1"); 
        FilterCombo.Items.Insert(0, myItem); 
        FilterCombo.Items[0].Selected = true; 
        if (JobsList.SelectedValue == "1") 
        { 
            FilterCombo.DataSource = TechniciansSource; 
            FilterCombo.DataTextField = "TechName"; 
            FilterCombo.DataValueField = "TechnicianId"; 
            FilterCombo.DataBind(); 
        } 
        else 
        { 
            FilterCombo.DataSource = SuburbSource; 
            FilterCombo.DataTextField = "Suburb"; 
            FilterCombo.DataValueField = "SuburbId"; 
            FilterCombo.DataBind(); 
        } 
             
    } 

Similar code is called when the page first loads (!IsPostBack), and there is no problem. The exception is thrown once it tries to execute the FilterCombo.DataBind() method.

Any help would be appreciated
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
1 answer
134 views
Great Tools!

How do I add a tooltip to a detailGrid button.
 
I want to display non-visible databound text as a tooltip when the button is clicked.

Thanks
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
2 answers
162 views
Hi,
I am trying to apply some custom styles to rows based on values that are present in their child rows. I can only get this to work correctly if i have the HierarchyDefaultExpanded property set to true. By doing this, the radgrid looks very cluttered. Basically, i need to find out if there is a way to tell if a row has been expanded or not.

My code is below:

  void RadGrid1_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        foreach (GridDataItem itm in RadGrid1.Items) 
        { 
            if (itm.OwnerTableView.DataSourceID == "JobCodesSource") 
            { 
                //Go through each of the items in there 
                int numChildRows = itm.ChildItem.NestedTableViews[0].Items.Count; 
                int numChanged = 0; 
                foreach (GridDataItem childItm in itm.ChildItem.NestedTableViews[0].ItemsHierarchy) 
                { 
                   string TechName = "Bill Gates"; 
 
                    if (childItm["TechnicianId"].Text != Techname) 
                    { 
                        childItm.CssClass = "MyCustomRowClass"; 
                        numChanged++; 
                    } 
                    TechniciansSource.SelectCommand = oldSelect; 
                } 
                if(numChanged == numChildRows) 
                    itm.CssClass = "MyCustomRowClass"; 
            } 
        } 
    } 

The problem is that when the row is not expanded, the count is 0.
0 is a valid count of rows as well, as some rows will not have any items beneath them, and I want their style to also change. Is their someway of finding out all the childitems of a row without expanding the row?

I already tried setting the HeiarchyLoadMode for the child table to be client but that didnt help either.

I basically need two things:

1. A way of knowing whether or not the row is expanded

2. The child items of the row when it is not expanded

Thanks,

Fayez

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
3 answers
304 views
I am trying to build a very simple web part using your grid product.

Code is posted below.  Are there any good references you recommend for getting this to work.

using System;  
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Xml.Serialization;  
using System.Data;  
 
using Microsoft.SharePoint;  
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls;  
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages;  
 
 
using Telerik.Web.UI;  
 
using PmeUtilities;  
 
namespace PmeRisk  
{  
    [Guid("975f68de-868f-4e53-b5f4-1025a0db6c1c")]  
    public class RiskGrid : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart  
    {  
 
        private HtmlTextWriter textWriter;  
 
        private ScriptManager scriptMan;  
 
        public ScriptManager AtlasScriptManager  
        {  
            get  
            {  
                if (scriptMan == null)  
                {  
                    scriptMan = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this.Page);  
                    if (scriptMan == null)  
                    {  
                        scriptMan = new ScriptManager();  
                        this.Controls.Add(scriptMan);  
                    }  
                }  
                return scriptMan;  
            }  
        }  
 
        public RiskGrid()  
        {  
            this.ExportMode = WebPartExportMode.All;  
        }  
        protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)  
        {  
            base.Render(writer);  
            textWriter = writer;  
        }  
 
 
        protected override void CreateChildControls()  
        {  
            base.CreateChildControls();  
            try  
            {  
 
                RadGrid radGrid = new RadGrid();  
                radGrid.ID = "RAD GRID";  
 
                String siteName = SharepointUtils.determineWebURL();  
                String riskListName = "Risks";  
 
                DataTable riskTable = SharepointUtils.getListItems(siteName, riskListName, textWriter);  
                radGrid.DataSource = riskTable.DefaultView;  
 
                  
 
                this.Controls.Add(radGrid);  
 
            }  
            catch (Exception ex)  
            {  
                String message = ex.Message;  
                String stackTrace = ex.StackTrace;  
 
            }  
 
 
        }  
    }  
}  
 
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
3 answers
206 views
I have a master page that contains a RadScriptManager, RadAjaxManager, RadAjaxPanel, and an asp:UpdateProgress. Inside the RadAjaxPanel is a couple asp:ContentPlaceHolders. On one of the pages that have content for these ContentPlaceHolders I have a RadGrid that contains some GridTemplateColumns.

Now to the actual error...
Inside one of the GridTemplateColumn I am using a RadWindow thru Javascript to open a preview window for an item in the grid like so: 

window.radopen('PreviewTemplate.aspx','PreviewWindow')

If my RadAjaxPanel1.EnableAJAX property is set to true I receive the following Javascript Error: Line 4911 Error: length is null or not an object

If the property is set false which disables ajax then the preview window works perfectly.

I was wondering if this is a known bug and if a hotfix is available to resolve it as of yet. I have browsed the forum in prometheus Ajax and Window sections but have not found a resolution, maybe I missed something though.

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
3 answers
290 views
Will be there an AutoPostback property in the ComboBox?
Or how can I simulate the behavior? With the "SelectedIndexChanged" event?

I had a page with some comboboxes. When one of them changed, the page was post backed and the grid on the page was refreshed.

Thanks
Eric
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
5 answers
161 views
I have an editor in my page and the contents of the editor (in edit mode and preview mode) are centered by default.  I don't want this.  The editor is in a table and nothing else in the cell is centered.  I have attempted to put various tags around the editor to get everything left aligned but nothing seems to work.

I managed to get the edit mode left aligned by creating a ContentAreaCssFile and specifying the text alignment.  However, the preview is still aligned centered instead of left aligned. 

Any workarounds for this?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?