Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
197 views
Hello,

I installed RadControls 'Prometheus' for ASPNET Q3 2007 1218 with VS2005, it was fine and yesterday i upgraded to Q3 2007 1314 (setup informed me that the upgrade was ok) but in my project it was still 1218 controls.
Then I used RadControls_Prometheus_2007_3_1314_trial_hotfix .

So after some mystic (from your documentation) manipulations it was a success in my project. A tool to upgrade my project is required, hand manipulations are not acceptable at all for professional controls.

And today I added a RadControl to my project from your toolbox, he was trying to overwrite \Bin\Telerik.Web.UI.dll to its previous version !
In toolbox it was still 1218 controls ! really, your setup updated something somewhere ?

For now I am evaluating your controls, they are great but upgrading process is a real nightmare. You must provide a tool for that.

I am waiting for your answer.

Thanks
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
1 answer
99 views
Dear reader,

I used an example I found here in the code library to make it impossible to select single days in RadCalendar, weeks only. I used exactly the same code with RadCalendar Promotheus and encountered the following problem:  OnDateSelected still fires, even though OnDateSelecting returns false. The code works fine with the "normal" Calendar-control in RadControls for ASP.NET. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards,
Martine.
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
1 answer
106 views
I'm using RadToolTip as a modal popup as described in my blog entry at http://timosaikkonen.blogspot.com. I'd like to display it in the middle of the screen, not relative to another control (in this case a hidden dummy button, cause I'm triggering the tooltip from the code behind). How would I go about doing that?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
1 answer
131 views
Hi,

I get some "FDI Server " error, while installating Q3 Prometheus.

Size of the EXE is : 106,634,368 bytes . I am using Developer version.

However installation keeps rolling back. I did installed Q3 futures, now I removed it and trying to reinstall but the problem stays. When I had futures installed it was giving option to Repair etc.

Best Regards.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2008
1 answer
174 views
Hello again,
There is a great online example of treeview drag and drop functionality that I'd like to recreate...
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/TreeView/Examples/Functionality/DragAndDropNodes/DefaultVB.aspx (treeview 1 on the left)

The only problem is this example has lots of extra code, and I'm having trouble stripping it all out successfully. For example, the check boxes and dragging to other treeviews, html elements and datagrid are overkill for my needs.

Is there a VB example of a single treeview with all the functionality seen in the example above?

Thanks
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
3 answers
218 views
Moving an application from Classic Menu to Prometheus Menu, and I have a context menu that is created programatically.

I can't find the equivilent of Menu.IsContext and Menu.ContextMenuElementID even though these members are settable via declaritive creation ??
QScend
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
1 answer
143 views
Hi,
by generating a template for the editor via javascript dom, a problem with radiobutton occurs:
Here is the important code-snippet:

inputControl = createNamedElement('input', 'rbA1');
inputControl.type = 'radio';
inputControl.id = 'rbA1';
inputControl.defaultChecked = 'checked'; // for IE
inputControl.checked = 'checked'; // for the others
inputControl.value = 'rb1';

function createNamedElement(type, name) {
   var element = null;
   var oDoc=editor.get_Document();
   // Try the IE way; this fails on standards-compliant browsers
   try {
      element = oDoc.createElement('<'+type+' name="'+name+'">');
   } catch (e) {
      // Non-IE browser; use canonical method to create named element
      element = oDoc.createElement(type);
      element.name = name;
   }
   return element;
}

Now my problem:
In Design-Mode (IE and Firefox), this radiobutton looks "checked", but when switching to Html-Mode, only in IE the attribute "checked" is written.
Is this a bug in the editor?
Thanks for replying,
Andreas

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
5 answers
159 views
I've started a new thread for this as I don't appear to be getting anywhere. It was discussed previously but I don't want to hijack someone elses thread.

I have modified the WebBlue skin for the splitter. I am using the latest version of the splitter - released yesterday. All my CSS amendments are working as expected but the arrow buttons to collapse and expand the radpane on the splitbar are not appearing. Before I installed the latest version I was getting the default images for webblue from the web resource. I want my custom images to appear.

My folder structure is as follows (and may be the problem but is not really negotiable in the context of the project):

App_Themes/Cks/RadControls/Splitter/Skins/Cks/ (Cks being the renamed skin and all refs to webblue in the stylesheets have been amended so that is working ok)

The image names are as they were originally: splitbar_collpase_h.gif and splitbar_expand_h.gif

How do I get this to work please? It's starting to annoy me that something so simple is taking so long to resolve.

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="rspSplitter" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" HeightOffset="138" Skin="WebBlue" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False">

Help!
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
4 answers
168 views
Hei!

assigning DataKeyField of scheduler the simple type works fine but since my DataKeyField keeps Dictionary<string,object> or public class i cant edit the appointments (It stays in the day/week/month view).
Can you tell me what is wrong and if i can use such objects inside DataKeyField?

regards
Radek

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
1 answer
225 views
Hi,
I think i've stumbled upon another problem with the AllowAutomaticUpdates property.
Are these properties only meant to work if you set the DataSourceId declaratively? I've done some testing and that seems the case, because if i set the datasource in the NeedDataSource event, automatic updates don't seem to work.

This is my code:

 void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)  
    {  
        if (!e.IsFromDetailTable)  
        {  
            string typeID = Request["typeId"];  
            if (Convert.ToInt32(typeID) == "1")  
            {  
                RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DataSource = JobsSourceSuburb;  
            }  
            else 
            {  
                RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DataSource = JobsSourceTech;  
            }  
        }  
    } 

This is my Datasource definition:


  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="JobsSourceTech" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:MyConnectionString %>" 
            ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}" 
            SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [View_test_RadSchedulerDetails] WHERE [TechnicianId] = @TechnicianId AND [ScheduleDate] = @ScheduleDate"   
            UpdateCommand="UPDATE [Jobs] SET [Vacant] = @Vacant, [Recall] = @Recall, [Confirmed] = @Confirmed WHERE [JobId] = @original_JobId" 
            ConflictDetection="CompareAllValues">  
           <SelectParameters> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="TechnicianId" Type="Int32" Direction="Input"/>  
            <asp:Parameter Name="ScheduleDate" Type="DateTime" Direction="Input" /> 
            </SelectParameters> 
            <UpdateParameters> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="original_JobId" Type="Int32" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Recall" Type="Boolean"  /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Vacant" Type="Boolean"  /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Confirmed" Type="Boolean" /> 
            </UpdateParameters> 
  </asp:SqlDataSource> 
          
        <asp:SqlDataSource ID="JobsSourceSuburb" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:MyConnectionString %>" 
            ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient"   
            SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [View_test_RadSchedulerDetails] WHERE [SuburbId] = @SuburbId AND [ScheduleDate] = @ScheduleDate" 
            UpdateCommand="UPDATE [Jobs] SET [Vacant] = @Vacant, [Recall] = @Recall, [Confirmed] = @Confirmed WHERE [JobId] = @original_JobId" 
            ConflictDetection="CompareAllValues">  
           <SelectParameters> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="SuburbId" Type="Int32" Direction="Input"/>  
            <asp:Parameter Name="ScheduleDate" Type="DateTime" Direction="Input" /> 
            </SelectParameters> 
            <UpdateParameters> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="JobId" Type="Int32" /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Recall" Type="Boolean"  /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Vacant" Type="Boolean"  /> 
            <asp:Parameter Name="Confirmed" Type="Boolean" /> 
            </UpdateParameters> 
        </asp:SqlDataSource> 

This is my RadGrid definition (its a slightly large one):

 <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" Skin="Web20" AllowSorting="True" GridLines="None" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AutoGenerateEditColumn="True" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True">  
    <GroupPanel ID="GroupPanel" Style="width: 100%;">  
    </GroupPanel> 
    <ExportSettings> 
        <Pdf FontType="Subset" PaperSize="Letter" /> 
        <Excel Format="Html" /> 
    </ExportSettings> 
    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" DataKeyNames="JobId" 
         Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" EditMode="EditForms" Name="JobRow">  
        <EditFormSettings> 
            <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType">  
            </EditColumn> 
        </EditFormSettings> 
        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
            Resizable="False">  
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
            Visible="False">  
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
        <Columns> 
            <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                UniqueName="AutoGeneratedEditColumn">  
                <HeaderStyle Width="30px" /> 
            </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="OrderNumber" 
                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Order Number" 
                ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="OrderNumber">  
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="AccountName" 
                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Account" 
                ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="Account Name">  
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Address" SortExpression="Address" UniqueName="column" DataField="Address" ReadOnly="True">  
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Suburb" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Suburb" ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="Suburb">  
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
            <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Vacant" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Vacant" SortExpression="Vacant" UniqueName="Vacant">  
                </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
                        <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Recall" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Recall" SortExpression="Recall" UniqueName="Recall">  
                </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
                  <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Confirmed" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Confirmed" SortExpression="Confirmed" UniqueName="Confirmed">  
                </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
            <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn ReadOnly="True" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="DueDateTime" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Due Date" SortExpression="DueDateTime" UniqueName="DueDateTime" DataType="System.DateTime"  DataFormatString="{0:d}">  
                </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn> 
        </Columns> 
        <DetailTables> 
            <telerik:GridTableView runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="None" 
                CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" DataKeyNames="JobId,JobCodeId" DataSourceID="JobCodesSource" 
                Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto" HierarchyDefaultExpanded="false">  
                <EditFormSettings> 
                    <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType">  
                    </EditColumn> 
                </EditFormSettings> 
                <ParentTableRelation> 
                    <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="JobId" MasterKeyField="JobId" /> 
                </ParentTableRelation> 
                <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                    Resizable="False">  
                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                    Visible="False">  
                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                <Columns> 
                <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="CodeId" DataSourceID="CodeSource" ListTextField="CodeName"   
                            ListValueField="CodeId" HeaderText="Code" UniqueName="CodeId" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None">  
                     </telerik:GridDropDownColumn> 
 
                   <telerik:GridNumericColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="QuantityRequired" 
                        DataType="System.Decimal" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" 
                        HeaderText="QuantityRequired" SortExpression="QuantityRequired" UniqueName="QuantityRequired" NumericType="Number"> </telerik:GridNumericColumn> 
                      
                    <telerik:GridNumericColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="QuantityCompleted" 
                        DataType="System.Decimal" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" 
                        HeaderText="QuantityCompleted" SortExpression="QuantityCompleted" UniqueName="QuantityCompleted" NumericType="Number">  
                        </telerik:GridNumericColumn>   
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Comment" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                        ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Comment" SortExpression="Comment" UniqueName="Comment">  
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>           
                </Columns> 
                <DetailTables> 
                    <telerik:GridTableView runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" 
                        DataSourceID="JobScheduleSource" DataKeyNames="JobCodeId,ScheduleId" Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto">  
                        <EditFormSettings> 
                            <EditColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType">  
                            </EditColumn> 
                        </EditFormSettings> 
                         <ParentTableRelation> 
                            <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="JobCodeId" MasterKeyField="JobCodeId" /> 
                        </ParentTableRelation> 
                        <ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                            Resizable="False" Visible="False">  
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                        <RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
                            Visible="False">  
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                        </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                        <Columns> 
                            <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="ScheduleDateTime" 
                                DataType="System.DateTime" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" 
                                HeaderText="Schedule Date/Time" UniqueName="ScheduleDateTime" PickerType="DateTimePicker">  
                            </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="TechnicianId" DataSourceID="TechniciansSource" ListTextField="TechName"   
                            ListValueField="TechnicianId" HeaderText="Technician" UniqueName="TechnicianId" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None">  
                            </telerik:GridDropDownColumn> 
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="ScheduleNote" 
                                FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Notes" 
                                MaxLength="200" UniqueName="ScheduleNote">  
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
                        </Columns> 
                    </telerik:GridTableView> 
                </DetailTables> 
            </telerik:GridTableView> 
        </DetailTables> 
    </MasterTableView> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 

Please note that I have tried and confirmed that it all works if I just set the DataSourceId declartively in the RadGrid definition (i.e there is no problem with the sqldatasources).

Also, the updates on the detail tables work fine (as they have the DataSourceId set declartively)

Thanks,
Fayez
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?