Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
94 views

 
  i open up a radwindow "A" from a normal browser and another radwindow "B" from radwindow "A". now clicking a button in radwindow "B" i want to close

  Both radwindow A and B and return to the browser. i am having trouble doing that. can you help me please. i tried something like this in radwindow B
  function CloseRadWindow()

        {
       
          GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.CloseWindow();
          GetRadWindow().Close();

        }
  window b closes but not window A

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
2 answers
141 views

 

Hi,

Can you please answer to the following queries related to Prometheus Rad Editor.

1. I'm using the Prometheus Rad Editor control in my page. I have set the skin property to "Monochrome". I'm trying to override the backcolor property but doesn't make any difference. For your reference the following is the code snippet which I'm using to achieve this.

 RadEditor NRadEditor = new RadEditor();
        NRadEditor.ID = CtrlName;
         NRadEditor.StripFormattingOptions = EditorStripFormattingOptions.NoneSupressCleanMessage;
        NRadEditor.Skin = "Monochrome";
         NRadEditor.BackColor = Color.White;

2.  In the Prometheus Rad Editor when I tired to set hyperlink for a selected text by using "Hyperlink Manager" icon from the toolbar I'm getting an error "Web.Config Registration Missing!".

Can you please reply me at the earliest to resolve the above errors?

Thanks in advance,
Reethish

reethish
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
154 views
I know Ajax Prometheus is built on top of ASP.NET Ajax, but are they any performance penalities for choosing Prometheus over ASP.NET Ajax?  Our webpages are fairly complex and we want to maximize performance as much as possible.  We like that Prometheus is much easier to use compared to Update Panels, but just want to make sure there are not too much extra overheads that comes wiht Prometheus.
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
223 views
Is there anyway to control what gets populated in the Hyperlink Manager's CSS Class dropdown list? 

I've noticed that it picks up ALL of the CSS used on the web page, as opposed to the CSS found in "ContentAreaCssFile". 
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
4 answers
178 views
Hi,

I am evaluating the Prometheus release, but notice the RadTabStrip is missing, which I really need for my dashboard interface.

Any ideas!?

Regards

SM
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
175 views
Since I can't apply a node template client side I'm modifying the content element of each node as it's loaded. It's working well, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the loading indicator to lay out right. I need it to appear BelowNodeText, but but since it appears so fast I'm not sure where it's being created so I can't style it correctly.
Right now what I'm doing is taking the content element, removing the text element (rtIn) and placing them in a table in the form of [content element | text element | additional column] which I put back in place of the content element. (the reason for splitting out the text element is that the css property text-overflow:ellipsis; doesn't work correctly if i leave the content element whole, I think due to the way the browser is calculating table size)
It seems like loading indicator is part of the text element? Is that correct? Is there a style applied to the loading indicator? Any information about it would be helpful.
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
116 views
Hi all,

A few weeks ago we donwnloaded a trial version of the telerik web controls.  Then we decided to buy the web controls.  I removed my trial version and then installed the Prometheus controls and then the RadControls.  I then created a simple web page and dragged over a RadGrid from the toolbox.  But it has errors.  Here is what it reads:

RadGrid - rgWorkflowTasksSystem.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. File name: 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1314.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' at Telerik.Web.Design.RadGridDesigner.GetDesignTimeHtml(DesignerRegionCollection regions) at System.Web.UI.Design.ControlDesigner.GetViewRendering(ControlDesigner designer)

It looks like my versions are messed up.  I probably did something wrong when I installed.  First question:  I installed both products because there was no tab strip control in Prometheus or at least I can not find one.  Is this correct?

Also, can someone tell me how to straighten out things now.  I'd like to use the Prometheus controls when possible.  I'd like to see the exact steps needed so that I can get back to developing.  Thanks in advance!

Bob
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
2 answers
264 views
This is a simple request:

How should I go about binding the style of an Item in a datagrid to a value? For an obvious example, I'd like to set negative values in a column to red and positive to green. This is using RadGrid and whichever column type suits the task best. My data is coming from an arbitrary data source.

I assume this is possible, but I'd like to know the simplest way to do it.

Thanks
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
5 answers
309 views
Hi All,

I am trying to find an answer to my problem and couldn't find anything in the forums. Here's what I'm trying to do.

I have a RadGrid and the edit form is a user control. I am adding some link buttons dynamically at run time to the edit form in Grid's Item Created event. These link buttons will be used to download different files. Here's my code to create the dynamic link button.

LinkButton lnkScriptFile = new LinkButton();

lnkScriptFile.ID =

"lnkScriptFile1";

lnkScriptFile.CommandName =

"DownloadAttachment";

lnkScriptFile.Text =

"Attachment " + (i + 1) + ": " + dtr["FileName"].ToString() + dtr["Extension"].ToString();

lnkScriptFile.CommandArgument = dtr[

"StageFileId"].ToString();

lnkScriptFile.OnClientClick =

String.Format(@"{0}.__doPostBack(""{1}"",""{2}"");", RadAjaxManager1.ClientID, lnkScriptFile.UniqueID, lnkScriptFile.CommandArgument);

pnlScriptFiles.Controls.Add(lnkScriptFile);

I am adding OnClientClick event handler to do a real postback when the button is clicked. But I also need to invoke ItemCommand event of the grid. How can I do that?

Thanks
Goksun
Goksun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
5 answers
227 views
Hello,

I am using a combobox with LoadOnDemand, and it is working nicely. I wanted to use the OnClientItemsRequesting event to prevent the combobox loading until the user types in at least three characters.

function OnClientItemsRequesting(sender ,eventArqs)
        {
            var textvalue = sender._inputDomElement.value;
            if(textvalue.length < 3)
            {
                return false
            }
        }
When I debug this, it appears to be working. It reads in the characters that have been typed in, and if its less than 3, it goes to the return false statement. However, the server event is still being fired and the combobox is being populated.

Is there something else / somethig different I need to be doing to make this work?

Martin

Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?