Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
350 views
Hi guys, I have the following situation.

I have a RadGrid control with two levels. Both levels are binded to two diferent ObjectDataSources.
The second Level (the DetailTable) expects ColumnA, ColumnB, and ColumnC.

However, the second objectdatasource (the one binded to the second level) will not always retrieve the three columns described above, instead, It would be returning ColumnA and ColumnC (not ColumnB) if  necessary. So, I'm asking whether the source is retrieving this column or not. If it's not, then I manually hide this column in my ODSDetailTable_Selected event by doing something like that:

RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables[0].Columns.FindByUniqueName("ColumnB").Visible = false;

However, this is not working fine. The first time I click de + icon to expand the second level, the column is appearing with the following value : System.Data.DataRowView

Then, I collapse the row and click again in the + icon and this time the row is hiding the column as I manually specified before.

I have proved this method in my DetailTableDataBind and the issue is appearing as well.

Do you have any clue about this ?

Thanks,

François.


franchute
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
288 views
I have a radNumericTextbox set as currency. In codebehind, when I get the .Text value, it contains only the numeric part, which is correct. But is there any way to get the formatted value of the textbox including the dollar symbol? That way, when the culture changes, the appropriate format is adjusted.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
2 answers
121 views
How do I set the cursor to the end of the document after I've loaded with editor.set_Html()?


Denny Upadhyaya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
6 answers
221 views
I added the Prometheus RadEditor to a WebPart. The content area is completely transparent when the page renders. Instead of it being White it displays the tiled background graphic of the master page. Setting BackColor to White doesn't affect anything.

Do you have any ideas what is causing this? I shouldn't have to change a stylesheet just to get a white background on the editor should I?

Thank you,
Terry

George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
130 views
Hello All,
    I'm using Prometheus Rad Editor on my page. I set the rad editor to accept only the a limited number of html contents.
    I used the following code to accomplish this scenario.
var maxTextLength;
    var messageText;
    function CharactersLimit(editor)
    {
        maxTextLength = document.getElementById('<%= hdnColumn.ClientID %>').value == 'Notes'? 1000 : 2800;
        messageText = "You have reached the field limit. You cannot type further than " + maxTextLength + " characters.";
        editor.AttachEventHandler ("onkeydown", function (e)
        {
            e = (e == null)? window.event : e;
            textLength = editor.get_Html().length;
            if (textLength >= maxTextLength)
            {
                alert(messageText);
                e.returnValue = false;
                return false;
            }
        });
                    Telerik.Web.DomElement.addExternalHandler(editor.get_document().body, "beforepaste",
        function(e)
        {
            var textLength = CalculateLength(editor);
            if (textLength >= maxTextLength)
            {
                alert(messageText);
                e.cancelBubble = true;
                e.returnValue = false;
                return false;
            }
        });
    }
    function OnClientCommandExecuting(editor, commandName, oTool)
    {
        var CmdName = commandName.get_CommandName();
        if (CmdName == "PasteFromWord"
            || CmdName == "PasteFromWordNoFontsNoSizes"
            || CmdName == "PastePlainText"
            || CmdName == "PasteAsHtml"
            || CmdName == "Paste")
        {
            if (document.all)
            {
                var textLength = CalculateLength (editor);
                if (textLength >= maxTextLength)
                {
                    alert(messageText);
                    return false;
                }
            }
        }
    }
    //To calculate the length of the Editor text
    function CalculateLength(editor)
    {
        var textLength = editor.get_Html().length;
        var clipboardLength = window.clipboardData.getData("Text").length;
        textLength += clipboardLength;
        return textLength;
    }


    Its working fine during the keydown event but not during the paste event.
    I'm getting the alert message if the character limit has exceeded on both the events, but still my contents from the clipboard is getting pasted.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
4 answers
156 views
Hi

Im trying to export a appointment from RadSchedule to more than one users, I execute the RadScheduler.ExportToICalendar(e.Container.Appointment), in writeCalendar function I want to put the task to outlook calendar from users that appears in the task.

I'm Iosu and I click in export to outlook button, if in appointments there are other resources, I want to export calendar to  Jorge's and Gorka's outlook.

How can I do this?

Thanks for all.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
95 views
I changed my WindowManager RadControl over to Prometheus and I noticed it didn't behave properly in terms of positioning.  I was using the offsetelementid and it wasn't recognizing the fact.  I checked in FF and it worked perfectly fine.  After finding another thread in this forum about the doctype (I believe that user actually put in a doctype), I decided to remove it entirely for the heck of it:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

After removing this the WindowManager for Prometheus works just fine.  Is this a known issue?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
7 answers
143 views
I Have Fireworks designed Window layout/gui and convert into a Telerik Prometheus Window skin. How is it possible?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
183 views
Is there an example of loading a radwindow from code-behind in a linkbutton's onclick event?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
1 answer
172 views
I'm using 100% dynamic TreeViews on my page that are populated via asynchronous call backs (node.ExpandMode = TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSideCallBack).  It works 100% fine, no problem.

And then I add an AjaxControlToolkit control to the page, and it's broken.  Project here: http://www.adayfam.net/ftl/TelerikBugSample.zip

Reproduction instructions:
1) Click in the lower textbox to see that the AjaxControlTookit CalendarExtender works just fine.
2) Expand some nodes in the tree.
3) Check a couple boxes in the tree.
4) Click the submit button.  It should put the text of the selected nodes in a label.
5) Expand a previously unexpanded node in the tree.
6) Observe that the node does not expand but is hung on "Loading..."

The kicker is, when I remove the CalendarExtender control, it works just fine.  I'm no Ajax expert, but it took me a month of removing third party controls 1 by 1 to figure out it was only a problem with the Telerik controls.  Everything else I use plays fine with the AjaxControlToolkit.

Thanks in advance.  If you need any other information, don't hesitate to ask.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?