Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
210 views
All,
I've been struggling with how to ajaxify the prometheus RadGrid for a few days now, and would like some pointers.  In previous versions, I'd simply have to set the .EnableAjax, and the grid would be ajaxified.  Apparently, this functionaltiy is now gone.

So, here is my setup.

MasterPage -> ContentPage -> UserControl -> RadGrid

I'd like to programatically ajaxify the Grid for Paging, Sorting and Filtering.  I have the RadAjaxManager and ScriptManager on my MasterPage.

I have tried several varieties of:

RadAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(myBaseDataGrid, myBaseDataGrid)

But all, with no avail.

It doesn't seem that it should be this hard.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
Sean Eby
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
2 answers
165 views
Hi

I'm starting to take a look at the Prometheus grid and have found the following issue (it only seems to occur with the built-in Vista skin). When selecting a row, the row does not highlight correctly - the entire row has the correct border but the background image does not seem to be being repeated i.e. the image is only shown at the left hand side of each cell in the selected row.

Is this a known issue with the Vista skin or am I missing something?

Thanks
Keith
Keith
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
4 answers
279 views
I'm trying to debug my RadGrid that is intended to use a User Controls for inserting & editing records.

Whenever I click the Add Record command button, the whole grid disappears.  I've looked at the rendered HTML and all I see is a wrapper for the grid.  Everything else disappears.

I was wondering if it was related to my User Control so I did an experiement and put a purposely invalid name for the UserControlName attribute of the EditFormSettings tag.  To my surprise the code ran without any exception being thrown.

1. Isn't there any check done in the internal code of RadGrid to confirm that it has loaded the User Control?
2. My RadGrid is in an ASCX of its own which is located in a second level folder of the website.  The ASCX for the Edit Form is located in the same directory.  What path name do I put for the UserControlName attribute?  I was thinking "~\Controls\editformUserControl.ascx".  Is that correct?

To be clearer, here is the structure of the page:

\
    wrapperPage.aspx
    \Controls
        parentUserControl.ascx
        editformUserControl.ascx

WrapperPage contains a user control named parentUserControl.ascx which in turn contains the RadGrid.  That RadGrid wants to use an edit form implemented in editformUserControl.ascx.

Tree
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
0 answers
162 views
Hi all,
i'm facing with images behaviour in GridTemplateColumns.

I have a grid with two GridTemplateColumns, first with an image object and second with a panel object.

image ImageUrl parameter is set in grid ItemDataBound event, and it points to a custom HttpHandler which downloads an image from my database and renders it on the browser.

Unfortunately, when i change grid datasource, image ImageUrl is programmatically set to the right new imageUrl, while the grid renders the previous image. If i inspect the image url, it really points to previous url, instead of new one.

I tried yet to expire and disable cache of my page, but it still doesn't work.

here is my grid
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" > 
    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="ID_N" AutoGenerateColumns="false" ShowHeader="true">  
        <Columns> 
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                <ItemTemplate> 
                   <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" CssClass="AssetImage"  /> 
                </ItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>        
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn > 
                <ItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="Panel1"></asp:Panel> 
                </ItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>    
        </Columns>   
    </MasterTableView> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 
 

and here is the ItemDataBound handler
Private Sub RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemDataBound  
 
  If e.Item.ItemType = Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemType.Item OrElse e.Item.ItemType = Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemType.AlternatingItem Then  
 
            Dim GDI As Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem = DirectCast(e.Item, Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem)  
            Dim DRV As DataRowView = DirectCast(GDI.DataItem, DataRowView)  
 
            Dim img As Image = DirectCast(GDI.FindControl("Image1"), Image)  
            img.ImageUrl = String.Format("assetimg.ashx?IDN={0}&BH=100&BW=100&CAT={1}", DRV("ID_N"), Me.Category)  
 
 End If  
End Sub 
Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 asked on 19 Feb 2008
2 answers
96 views
Hi,

I have installed the Editor solution fine on my development VM. The solution deployed OK, I activated both features on a site and could see and add the Editor web part and also see the rad editor in lists.

Having successfully tested in my development environment, I then deployed to our live WSS server. The solution installed OK using "stsadm -o addsolution -filename RadEditorMOSS.wsp"

I then deployed the solution to all content databases which also worked fine. I activated both features in a site, and although I can now see the RadEditor web part, and can add it successfully to a page, the RadEditor does not display in any list items. I have tried this in both IE and Firefox.

I have tried retracting, deleting, re-adding and re-deploying the solution several times, but always get the same behavior. The two features are visible under 12\TEMPLATE\Feature and the editor folders are present under wpresources. The only difference is that my dev machine also has RadEditorList.ascx under 12\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES as well as in RadEditorFeature, whereas the live server does not have the file in CONTROLTEMPLATES.

The solution was installed as a farm admin. The only major difference between the two systems I can think of is that the live system uses a database on another server and is more locked down in terms of service accounts (less-privileges).

Can you offer any help?

Regards,

Dan.
Dan Lewis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
1 answer
113 views
Is it possible to have a different set of toolbars shown when the user toggles between normal and full screen mode. I would like to have a minimal set of tools showing initially and when the use toggles to full screen mode to show a full set.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
6 answers
141 views

Dear Telerik,

Been making a few experiments with the famous PortalSiteCS demo in order to try to understand some problems I am having with the app I am developing.

I made two simple modifications:

1) added the following script to news.ascx

<script>

function theFunction()
{
   alert(
'Hey, someone has called theFunction!!!');
}

</script>

2) added one button to the end of the form in default.aspx

 <input type="button" onclick="theFunction();" />

The problem is that the button cannot actually call theFunction when you start clean and just add one 'news widget' - but no script error is caught at the browser.

But the story gets completely different after a postback (a page reload or whatever). After an 'F5' the button is actually able to call theFunction.

This seems related to the problems I'm getting in my app. So... my question is: how can I ensure that the user control scripts get loaded right when the widget is created for the 'first time'? - in this case via the add dock button.

Hope my description is clear enough. Thanks,

Paulo

Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
3 answers
117 views
I can not find anywhere how to not display the remove element and element list. My users are very non-technical and it confuses them.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
1 answer
160 views
Hi guys!

I've placed ColorPicker onto my User Control and tried adding these controls dynamically as content for docks. Sometimes ColorPicker looks fine, but sometimes ugly. E.g. instead of the icon I see

<a href="javascript:void(0);">Pick originalAttribute="href" originalPath=""javascript:void(0);">Pick" Color</a>

(Excuse me for textual representation - don't know how to upload screenshot etc.)

Here is how I declare the ColorPicker:

<

telerik:RadColorPicker ID="RadColorPicker1" runat="server" Preset="Standard" ShowIcon="true" SelectedColor="Black" ></telerik:RadColorPicker>


It's displayed fine 100% only after a postback.
Please indicate my mistakes. I'd like ColorPicker looks properly.

Thanks,
Roman

P.S.
Please explain me how to make attachments (upload) to a post.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
1 answer
390 views
When our users are not signed in, we set the "Enabled" attribute on our RadEditor instance to "false" (i.e the content appears inside a DIV). It appears that the links to the many ScriptResource.axd resources are still sent in the response, even though these are not used. Is there a simple way to switch these off conditionally from the server?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?