Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
129 views
Hello,
I use RadEditor inside EditItemTemplate.
After addition of AJAX support (asp:UpdatePanel) RadEditor in "Grid Edit" mode lost style.

Nikolay
Vladimir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Feb 2008
4 answers
175 views
Hi,

I'm using a RadTreeView (in Prometheus v. 2007.3.1314.20) for both site navigation and administration. When I click on a node the browser redirects to the page it represents, and when I drag a node elsewhere, it moves the page it represents to that new logical location. This works perfectly at the moment for single nodes.

I need the ability to move multiple nodes at once. I can do this already if I select the nodes via checkboxes and then drag them to their new location, but I don't like having the checkboxes enabled. I prefer the method of holding the CTRL key while clicking the nodes, and then dragging them.

The problem is that when I click on a node - even if I'm holding CTRL down - the page fires the javascript that I specify in OnClientNodeClicked. This javascript redirects the browser to another page. I want some way of preventing the redirect from happening if I'm holding down CTRL.

Here is the javascript called via OnClientNodeClicked:

function loadNode(sender, eventArgs) 
{ 
    document.location.href = "index.aspx?id="+ node.get_value(); 
} 

It'd be really nice if the TreeView could just be set to ignore OnClientNodeClicked if CTRL is being held down, but another solution could just be for me to check if CTRL was being held down in the loadNode function itself. However, I can't find any keydown information in the eventArgs. Do you have any suggestions on how I can proceed?

Many thanks for a great product!
Mathew
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
11 answers
226 views

Error:
DataBinding: 'Telerik.Web.UI.Appointment' does not contain a property with the name 'Name'.

Reference:
DataSubjectField="Name"

As you see, my subject field is Name, but when I double click to do an inline edit it pops up an error dialogue with the above text.

I have custom attributes on the page also.  If I add "Name" to the custom attributes list, then I dont get an error...but then it also just saves an empty string to the DB.

ideas?

thanks.

Josh Winkler
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
1 answer
102 views
I need to implement a few RadGrids inside a User Control which is in turn included on an ASPX page.

I would like to implement the OnInsertCommand, OnDeleteCommand, ... methods with the ASCX instead of in the cotaining ASPX page.

How do I do that?  In other words, how do I make it so the RadGrid calls these methods in the ASCX.  I considered (briefly) putting wrapper methods in the ASPX page but that would require that the ASPX page have knowledge of implementation details within the ASCX which is very ugly.

How do I accomplish this?
Tree
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hi, we have inherited the Prometheus Grid and we are wondering what are the best practices when it comes to use events.

Is it better to use event handlers or override the On... function?

For example

   public class Grid : Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid
    {
       
        protected override bool OnNeedDataSource(Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
        {
            bool baseValue = base.OnNeedDataSource(e);

             do stuff here

            return baseValue;
        }

    }


Or I could have done in the Grid() constructor adding a event and implementing the previous code in the event handler.

I am wondering what is the best practice?

Thanks
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
1 answer
78 views
Hello all,

I have a Portal built from the MyPortal example posted here.  I also have a user control that has a MS ReportViewer Control inside it which I use to dynamically bind reports to. 

When I try to add a dock to the portal with this control inside it, I get a jscript error in the page 

Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'frames.119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0.location' is null or not an object

i have noticed that 119 is the PageWidgetID of the dock I am trying to place, and the error happens on this line
<iframe name="119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0" id="119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0" onload="if (frames['119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0'].location != 'javascript:\'\'') frames['119_C_ctl00_ctl00TouchSession0'].location.replace('javascript:\'\'');" src="javascript:''" style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;visibility:hidden;"> 

This is a critical piece to my software, and my purchase order was sent back to us for revision, so I cannot attach a working project.  Is there any solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Greg
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
9 answers
195 views
Hi,

I'm attempting to simply set the background color of individual days in the calendar control and am trying the following sort of thing;

        protected void DateSelect_DayRender(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.Calendar.DayRenderEventArgs e)  
        {  
                if(e.Day.Date == DateTime.Now.Date)  
                        e.Day.ItemStyle.CssClass = "day-error";  
        } 

Yet even though the CssClass= line gets executed it doesnt appear to have any effect in the control itself - has anyone got a working example of this being used?

Thanks

Rob
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
1 answer
131 views
I have a GridTemplateColumn in a RadGrid (inplace editing) where the EditItemTemplate contains a user control.  The user control is a RadComboBox with an ItemTemplate of a RadTreeview.  The user control has a small amount of javascript that gets written out to a RadScriptBlock, the script containing a function to handle the OnClientNodeClicked event of the treeview.  Below is that javascript:

function OnTreeviewSelect(sender, args) {
    if (args.get_node().get_nodes().get_count() == 0) {
        var value = args.get_node().get_value();
        var text = args.get_node().get_text();
        $find("<%= RadComboBox1.ClientID %>").set_text(text);
    }
}

If I do an insert, the control works fine.  If I load up the page and try to do an edit first (without attempting an insert), I get a javascript error saying "OnTreeviewSelect" is not a function on the page.  If I do an insert, then try to do an edit, I get passed the error about the function not existing, but I get a javscript error saying that the RadComboBox is null.  What is the difference between inplace inserting and inplace editing?  Why would it always work for inserting and throw various javascript errors when editing?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
3 answers
120 views
I was trying to compile a sample project, from "live demo", but was unable to make it, cause "RadDock" type is not defined in any of dll's, packaged with Prometheus Q3.
There is also no kinds of using this type in the samples, shipped with install, only "RadDockableObject".
I suppose, that type is inside Telerik.Web.UI, but I was unable to find this dll in GAC or bin folder of samples.
Could you please post this dll here, so I cuold download it and reference in my project.
Petya
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
6 answers
117 views

In ASP.Net radgrid following was possible: http://www.telerik.com/help/radgrid/v4_Net1/grdSynchronizeNavigationSelection.html. When I use prometheus grid I receive error message "Object doesn't support property or method in the line "objGrid.SetActiveRow(row.Control)". Can you tell if this is possible with prometheus controls too?

Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?