Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
193 views
Hi,

I'm creating a RadGrid for managing images as well as RadUpload controls in the EditTemplate of a GridTemplateColumn.  What I'm trying to do is capture the upload controls in the insert event, but they return null.  Would you please show me how to get them?

    protected void rgRotator_ItemInserted(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        RadGrid rgRotator = (RadGrid)sender;
        RadUpload ruThumbnail = (RadUpload)rgRotator.FindControl("ruThumbnail");
        RadUpload ruLarge = (RadUpload)rgRotator.FindControl("ruLarge");
    }

Thanks,

Jeff
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
3 answers
106 views
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/David/Desktop/temp/untitled2.bmp

I have a javascript error that says "'Telerik' is undefined". What might have caused this error?

Regards,


Daniel
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
132 views
Hello,
When I open a radwindow I wanna set some behaviours by :

set_Behaviors(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Close+Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Maximize+Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Move);

but it complains: "Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors" is undefined!

How can I use this function to set behaviours?

Thanx,
Elton

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
110 views
Hi, I am trying to display a context menu in a treeview depending on a condition of the treview dataitem, what is the right way to do this?
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
146 views

Hello,

With the earlier RadAjax (non-prometheus) it was my experience that scripts embedded in a webcontrol would re-execute if the control was refreshed by RadAjax.

for example if the control rendered on the client as so  :

<span id="mywebcontrol" >
   <input type="text" id="mywebcontrol_text1"></input>
   <script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>alert('test');</script>
</span>

a 'test' alert box would pop up when the page initially renders, and then whenever the control was later refreshed by the ajax manager.  This seems to be no longer happening for us.  Is there a workaround?


Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
165 views
I've added a RadComboBox on my page and populated it from a datasource successfully and works just fine until I put "

onclientselectedindexchanged

="alert('hi');"

" into the tag. This caused a javascript error. 
The error is: "Error: Expected'}'"

It seems to do this on any "onclient" type of event that I pick.
Is this a known bug?

Thank you,
Beth
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
7 answers
463 views
Hello,

I just have to say that I'm extremely pleased with Prometheus.  The Dock controls themselves seem to address all that I wanted to see.  Of course, with that, I seem to always want more!  :)

I'm creating dynamic docks, where each dock has a custom user control (ascx), and it works great.  I can add and delete docks at will, and it all comes together perfectly.

I have what I call a Portal Manager that reads user information from the database and creates that user's personal docks.  As read from the database, each dock references a user control (ascx).  The Portal Manager creates an instance of the user control, passes in a number of standard properties, and the user control displays as it should.

One of the properties I pass into the user controls is the AjaxManager that exists on the page.  Thus, the user control can add Ajax Settings that cause certain functionality on the user control to be executed via Ajax.  Awesome!  I added a "Configuration" button onto one of these user controls.  When clicked, the content of the user control is swapped with a configuration window, when the user saves their configuration, it's saved on the server (via Ajax) and the contents of the dock are replaced with the updated content based on the user's configuration changes.  This works perfectly, but I want to take it a step further.

I would like to add a custom command to the dock.  When the user clicks on the custom command, I want it to work just as the Ajaxified button.  I want the contents of the dock to be replaced with the configuration window without doing a postback.  Is that possible?  I think I might be kind of close in looking at the DockCommandEventHandler, but I don't see how to wire it in nor if it's possible to Ajaxify it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
LeBear
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
88 views
I created a custom Splitter control and have a grid in one of the panes.  Now I don't seem to be able to find the grid when trying to GetSelectedItems() clientside.  My project won't build and I get the error that "The Name 'RadGrid1' does not exist in the current context.

Thank you,
Beth
Beth Krawczuk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
201 views
Hi,

Im having small issue with RadComboBox, In my project we are using LinqDataSources, from that i need to bind the value in RadComboBox. please have a look of my code

<

telerik:RadComboBox DataTextField="LookupValue"  SelectedItem= '<% Bind("ReferredBy") %>' ID="rcReferredBy" EnableTheming="True" MarkFirstMatch="true" AllowCustomText="True" runat="server" AutoCompleteSeparator='","' TabIndex="6" ></telerik:RadComboBox>

Im using asp:FormView and LinqDatasource in my page. so without writing any code in backend i need to select the value in RadComboBox.
Please guide to solve this issue. I need to replace this 
SelectedItem= '<% Bind("ReferredBy") %>' .

Regards
Jai

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
73 views
Why does OnClientNodeChecked fire automatically when the treeview is opened.  I want to close my popup when the user selects an item from the treeview.  I am using the following code:
<telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server"> 
            </telerik:RadTextBox><br /> 
            <br /> 
            <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" OnClientNodeChecked="window.close()" CheckBoxes="true" runat="server"> 
            <Nodes>             
            <telerik:RadTreeNode Checkable="true" Text="CheckMe" Value="1"> 
            </telerik:RadTreeNode> 
            </Nodes> 
            </telerik:RadTreeView> 
Instead of waiting until a node is actually checked.  The page closes just after opening. 
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?