Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
85 views
Since the latest release I am not able to retrieve data from the radgrid using the following method:

 private int _getPhyIdfromArg(GridCommandEventArgs e) 
    { 
        int phyId = 0; 
        GridEditableItem eitem = e.Item as GridEditableItem; 
        Hashtable newValues = new Hashtable(); 
        eitem.OwnerTableView.ExtractValuesFromItem(newValues, eitem);        
        phyId = Convert.ToInt32(newValues["PhysicianId"]);         
 
        return phyId; 
    } 

This has affected all of my tables that use ExtractValuesFromItem.  Is there another update coming to fix this?
Quin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
2 answers
150 views
Hi,

I have a tooltip which contains several input fields and a link button.  I would like to know how I can display a loading panel when the user clicks on the link button and ajaxfy the click event.

Chris
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
110 views
Hi

I have a grid which is created almost entireley by codebehind.

In this Grid is a column which is not groupable (i.e. groupable=false).

When I drag it to the grouping area the website crashes with a javascript error.

Kind Regards

David
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
171 views
Hi,

I have a grid that has all its columns as AutoGenerated.
I want one particular column as a Dropdown and not as a Textbox when the row is in Edit Mode.
I need to also know how to bind the dropdown. I can do it only in the code behind since i am using a DB2 database.
Kindly let me know how it can be done.

Thanks
Daniel
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
147 views
Can RadGrids size the columns depending on the amount of data in them. I can only get them to size at equal proportions. Would I am trying to do is have a column that has 100 characters (in one of the rows) automatically be roughly twice as big as a column with only 50 characters (in one of the rows).
Thanks
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
118 views

I have Yahoo scrolling and after the first scroll the grids height changes for a second and then return to the right height. Next time I scroll the height is correct all the way.

This is the aspx

   <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">  
   <script type="text/javascript">  
     function HandleGridViewScrolling(sender, e)  
     {  
       if(e.isOnBottom)  
       {  
         var currentlyDisplayedRecords = sender.get_masterTableView().get_pageSize() * (sender.get_masterTableView().get_currentPageIndex() + 1);  
         if(currentlyDisplayedRecords < 200)  
         {  
           $find('RadAjaxManager1').AjaxRequest('LoadMoreRecords');  
         }  
       }  
     }  
    </script> 
    </telerik:RadCodeBlock> 
    <div> 
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest">  
            <AjaxSettings> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1">  
                    <UpdatedControls> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1" /> 
                    </UpdatedControls> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
            </AjaxSettings> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="LoadingPanel1" CssClass="opto_loadingpanel" runat="server"></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
 
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" FullScreenMode="true" Orientation="Horizontal" VisibleDuringInit="false">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server" Height="200px">  
            </telerik:RadPane> 
 
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" runat="server" /> 
 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane2" runat="server" Height="600px">  
                <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" PageSize="30" Height="100%" runat="server" OnNeedDataSource="OPTO_GridView1_NeedDataSource" 
                GridLines="None" EnableAjax="false" EnableOutsideScripts="true" EnableAJAXLoadingTemplate="false" 
                LoadingTemplateTransparency="20" AllowPaging="true" AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="true">  
                    <ClientSettings AllowKeyboardNavigation="false" EnablePostBackOnRowClick="true" ReorderColumnsOnClient="True" AllowColumnsReorder="True">  
                        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" /> 
                        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" SaveScrollPosition="true" UseStaticHeaders="false" /> 
                        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="true" ResizeGridOnColumnResize="true"   /> 
                        <ClientEvents OnScroll="HandleGridViewScrolling" /> 
                    </ClientSettings> 
                    <PagerStyle Visible="false" /> 
                </telerik:RadGrid> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
114 views
I have scheduler showing up with scrollbars because I am keeping minutes per row to 5 or 10 minutes. And then when I scroll all the way down to 4/5 PM and try to move an appointment upward, the scheduler behaves wierdly. I cannot see the appointment being dragged, the scrollbar moves to the top of the page (at 8 o'clock or 12.00 whatever time is set), and then I don't know at what slot the appointment is being dragged!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Piyush

Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
232 views
Why does the GridMaskedColumn store the mask with the data and the RadMaskedTextbox  only stores the data value without the mask?  I have a RadMaskedTextbox with a Phone mask of (###)###-#### and the value that gets stored in the database on an insert using the Text attribute of the Textbox is the numeric value of the phone number.  I have a Telerik.GridMaskedColumn with the exact same mask and I am getting the mask and the data storing in the database ie. (333)444-6666.  I can use either one but I would certainly appreciate some consistency in how these controls provide data.
plamen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
8 answers
143 views
Hi,
in old window version i used GetTitleBar to add one more button to window title (help button). But now this method is gone. Is it still any way to add custom button to title bar?

Thanks
Alex
Alex Dybenko
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
169 views
Hi,

If the value of property, which is defined in DataTextField property of the GridHyperLinkColumn, is empty or null, then the grid cell is rendered in a way  like this:

<td><a href="MyPage.aspx?MyItemId=5"></a></td>

This cause problems in IE, because there is no border of such a cell there.
All I can do is to use ItemDataBound handler to redefine rendering rules:

protected void Grid_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
    {
        GridDataItem item = e.Item as GridDataItem;
        MyObject myObject = item.DataItem as MyObject;
        TableCell cell;
        if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(myObject.MyProperty))
        {
            cell = item["MyProperty"];
            cell.Controls.Clear();
            cell.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("&nbsp;"));
        }
    }
}

After that my cell is rendered in this way:

<td>&nbsp;</td>

And after that, that's OK with IE :)

Is it possible not to perform this routine?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?