Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
95 views
When I do a 

Response.Redirect(

"somepage")

in the AppointmentCreate-event or the nserted event of the Scheduler, a

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManangerParserErrorException occurs.

error occurs sometimes, hard to reproduce but appears reproductable.

It appears not so often if I use

ajaxMgr.Redirect(

"create_schedule.aspx");

But it also appears sometimes with that approach.

Thanx

Matthias

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
7 answers
558 views

The radconfirm function has the following function signature according to the documentation:

radconfirm(text, callBackFn, oWidth, oHeight, callerObj, oTitle)

And the callback function that's passed as parameter callBackFn in the above signature has a function signature of:

confirmCallBackFn(arg)

The Arg parameter is described as being True if the user clicks OK and False if the user clicks Cancel (should actually be true and false -- little "T" and little "F", but I digress).

My main question: what happens to callerObj parameter defined in the radconfirm function signature? Shouldn't it be passed into the confirmCallBackFn as a parameter (e.g. the function signature should change to be confirmCallBackFn(arg, callerObj))? This would be very convenient as I could then abstract away the calling of the confirmation dialog somewhere else and pass into my convenience function the function that should run on confirmation. E.g.:

function doConfirm(message, title, functionToCallOnConfirm)  
{  
  radconfirm(message, onConfirmCallback, null, null, funtionToCallOnConfirm, title);  
};  
 
function onConfirmCallback(arg, callerObj)  
{  
  if (arg)  
    callerObj();  
} 

Then, where I need the confirmation dialog in my client app, I can simply do:

function somethingThatRequiresConfirmation()  
{  
  doConfirm("message", "title", doSomething);  
}  
 
function doSomething()  
{  
  // Code to do something  
} 

This is nice because every developer on the team doesn't have to concern themselves with how the confirmation dialog works. They just call the doConfirm function with their text, pass their worker function and they're done.

Secondary, and very minor question: Isn't there a better way than completely overriding the dialog template to change the text on the buttons? The documentation indicates the text is "Yes" and "No," however, in practice (at least with the "WebBlue" skin) the text is actually "OK" and "Cancel" mimicking the undesirable behavior of the default javascript confirm function.

Excentive
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
2 answers
125 views
Hello everybody!

I need to add a RadDateTimePicker programatically in my UserControl. Actually everything works fine, except when I set the Id of the raddatetimepickercontrol manually.
If I do so, .SelectedDate always returns the Date that was set intially.

example:
ctrl = new RadDateTimePicker(); 
ctrl.ID = DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString(); 
ctrl.selectedDate = DateTime.Parse("01-01-2001"); 


Creating the control with this code always returns "01-01-2001" as .SelectedDate - allthough the date was changed (and the change is visible on the page).

However the following snippet:

ctrl = new RadDateTimePicker(); 
//ctrl.ID = DateTime.Now.Ticks.ToString(); 
ctrl.selectedDate = DateTime.Parse("01-01-2001"); 

acts how it is supposed to be.

Unfortunately I have to set an Id manually, b/c I also want to programatically add Asp RequiredFieldValidators!

Thx in advance for your help & kind regards!
 Markus
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
144 views

Hi

I have a Hierarchical grid.

Master
-detail1
--detail12
-detail2
-detail3
-detail4
--detail41

How I can bind a CheckBoxList to the fist level of the detail tables (detail1, detail2, detail3, detail4) and then show/hide the detail tables via Postback depending on the selected Items of the CheckBoxList.

I need something simular that I have done for the Columns in MasterTable (please see code below), but unfortunatly I can not make that for the details tables.

Thank you for your product and support.

protected void RadGridStudent_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        CheckBoxListColumns1.Items.Clear();
        for (int i = 3; i < RadGridStudent.MasterTableView.Columns.Count; i++)
        {
            ListItem myItem = new ListItem();
            if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(RadGridStudent.MasterTableView.Columns[i].HeaderText))
            {
                myItem.Selected = RadGridStudent.MasterTableView.Columns[i].Display;
                myItem.Text = RadGridStudent.MasterTableView.Columns[i].HeaderText;
                myItem.Value = i.ToString();
                CheckBoxListColumns1.Items.Add(myItem);
            }
        }
    }

 Search words: GridNestedViewItem , DetailTables, Visible

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
8 answers
246 views
Does 'Spell' support custom themes?

The skin css file is linked to the page and my code behind looks like this:

sfwSpell1.EnableEmbeddedSkins =

false;
sfwSpell1.Skin =
"MySkin";

... but my spell checker looks like it is missing styles and then the page sourse looks like that:

<span id="sfwSpell1dialogOpener" class=" " style="display:none;">
    
<div id="sfwSpell1dialogOpener_Window" class=" " style="display:none;">
        
<input id="sfwSpell1dialogOpener_Window_ClientState" name="sfwSpell1dialogOpener_Window_ClientState" type="hidden" />
    
</div>
    
<input id="sfwSpell1dialogOpener_ClientState" name="sfwSpell1dialogOpener_ClientState" type="hidden" />
</span>

Notice the empty class values !!!
What am I missing?

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
3 answers
136 views
I just installed the telerik.web.forms dll to try out the skinning of the controls on a form to match the skin of the Prometheus Grid that I am using. I observed some issues when doing some quick testing with the FormsDecorator control.

I am testing with IE8 beta emulating IE7 and FireFox 3 Beta 3. Before adding the FormsDecorator Control, everything was rendered as I expected with both browsers. The FormsDecorator control was added as follows:

<telerikForm:formdecorator id="FormDecorator1" runat="server" decoratedcontrols="all" skin="Web20"></telerikForm:formdecorator>

The Controls I want to skin are defined as follows:
<div style="width:100%; padding-top:5px; height:20px;">
<asp:Button ID="btnPrev" style="width:5%;float:left; padding-right:5px;" runat="server" Text="Prev" Enabled="true" />
<asp:Button ID="btnNext" style="width:5%;float:left;" runat="server" Text="Next" Enabled="true" />
<div style="float:left; width:30%; padding-left:10px; padding-right:10px;"><asp:CheckBox ID="chkShow" CssClass="SmallLabelStyle" AutoPostBack="true" runat="server" Text="Show both resolved and unresolved groups" /></div>
<div style="float:left; width:20%;" class="SmallLabelStyle"><asp:Label ID="lblfindgroup" runat="server" Text="Find Group:"></asp:Label><asp:TextBox ID="txtFindGroup" runat="server" Columns="3"></asp:TextBox><asp:Button ID="btnFindGroup" runat="server" Text="Find" /></div><asp:Label ID="lblScoreboard" CssClass="LabelStyle" style="float:right; font-style:italic;" runat="server" ></asp:Label></div>

The 2 buttons btnPrev and btnNext are included in some telerik:RadAjaxManager AjaxSettings as well.

On the initial load of the page the buttons above are skinned to the Web20 look but the btnPrev and btnNext appear shifted to the right. As best as I can see, the btnPrev is where the btnNext should be and the btnNext is to the right of btnPrev. The chkShow control is now under the btnNext control. The div that contains the lblfindgroup, txtfindgroup and btnFindGroup are now vertically aligned incorrectly where the label and textbox seem to be aligned to the bottom of its div container and the button seems to be aligned to the top of its div container.

I have both btnNext and btnPrev in RadAjaxManger. For example, btnNext -
<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="btnNext">
<UpdatedControls>
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Grid1" />
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="gid" />
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="dist" />
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="btnNext" />
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="btnPrev" />
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="chkShow" />
<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="divlblStatus" />
</UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>

When I click the btnNext button, my grid gets updated as expected but every control defined within the UpdatedControls loses its skin and reverts as before I added the FormsDecorator control. The Grid1 control keeps its Web20 skin but I have checkboxes in the grid. Those checkboxes revert back to no skin.

I would be glad to send you some screen shots if that would be helpful; its a little difficult to explain a visual desciption with words only.

Thanks...

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
17 answers
467 views
I use the RadToolTipManager and add specifically those control I want tooltips for, but I get too much tooltips!   E.g. I have a RadCalendar control which the ToolTipManager obvisiously thinks should be tooltipified ... is this a feature or a bug?

How do one work-around this?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
3 answers
118 views

How do you use the CustomFigures in RadChart?
I have created a custom figure using the editor but am not sure how the new custom figure can now be used. I expected to be able to use it for the points on a Point type chart - is that not how it is supposed to be used?
I can't find any documentation on it's usage.
Clayton Powell
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
2 answers
134 views
I'm using Visual Studio 2008, developing a 3.5 application, and when I add the raddatepicker control to the design surface, it totally corrupts the entire design area, to the point that I can't see/do anything with it, unless I comment it it out.  Once it's commented out, the page appears fine in the designer.

Strangely, once I reenable and build the page it's on, it appears fine on the web page, but it makes the design surface unusable.

I'm using the most recent release of Prometheus (2007.3.1425.35) and this didn't seem to happen with the last build.  Any suggestions would be very helpful at this point.  Love the controls, they've revolutionized how we doing things, but this is slightly annoying. :)
Missing User
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
157 views
Hello,
It looks like this posted in the wrong section... can you move it to the Prometheus->RadGrid section?
I am using Prometheus and am trying to use an ajaxToolkit CollapsiblePanelExtender on a panel that contains a radgrid in a usercontrol.  The RadGrid initially displays correctly in the panel but if you try to click on a row in the radgrid I get an exception and the radgrid disappears.  The error string references the user control ID and the radgrid ID.   I was using RadAjaxManager to ajax the grid, but even if I comment out the ajax I still get the error.  The error is:

"Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UpdatePanel with ID 'ct100_ct100_ct100_cphBody_cphBody_cphBody_ct100_ct100_ct100_cphBody_cphBody_cphBody_<UserControlName>_<RadGridName>Panel' If it is being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel.

where <UserControlName> is the ID of my user control and <RadGridName> is the ID of my RadGrid
Thanks for your help,
Erin
Missing User
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?