Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
335 views
I am not sure what forum to post this in, but I think it is more Ajax related than RadWindow so I will post here.

I have an Ajax Update Panel which contains an ASP.net GridView, the gridview has a button that launches a RadWindow that contains a FormView, when you click insert/update on the formview is does the insert/update and closes the RadWindow.

However at this point I would also like the Update Panel (that holds the gridview) refreshed.

My RadAjaxManager looks like this:
  <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">  
         <AjaxSettings>    
                    <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="winContact">    
                        <UpdatedControls>    
                            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rapListings"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>    
                        </UpdatedControls>    
                    </telerik:AjaxSetting>    
                </AjaxSettings>    
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 

Any ides why it is not working?  I belive it is because my RadWindow closes on client side, so how do I call my ajax update using the "OnClientClose" of the RadWindow?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
1 answer
64 views
Hi,

I have a page with a server control that dynamically creates a RadGrid. The server control is nested inside of an AjaxPanel control (in the markup) with other non-Ajax controls. With the grid in edit mode, a control with autopostback causes the grid control to be created twice on the server with a definite delay between the creations. On the second creation, the LoadViewState function is skipped which causes problems.

Why is the control being created twice? Are there restrictions on autopostback controls in a grid?

Thanks,

Alan Polk
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
3 answers
175 views
Control: Scheduler
Version: 2- 25-08
Outlook Version:  2003

I'm getting the following error:

"Microsoft Office Outlook cannot import vCalendar file. This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar appointment in iCalendar format. To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead of Lunar."

After some trial and error I can reproduce it easily.  Here is an example of an iCal event that will work no problem:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Telerik Inc.//NONSGML RadScheduler//EN
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20080321T063000Z
DTEND:20080321T113000Z
UID:20080318T145738Z-2
DTSTAMP:20080318T145738Z
SUMMARY:ODSE Class 25 attendees
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR



Here is one that will NOT work (and which the control made):

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Telerik Inc.//NONSGML RadScheduler//EN
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20080321T063000Z
DTEND:20080321T113000Z
UID:20080318T145738Z-2
DTSTAMP:20080318T145738Z
SUMMARY:ODSE Class
25 attendees

END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR


Notice the extra line on the summary - that's what causes the problem.  Any ideas on what can be done? 

Thanks in advance,
Al
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
1 answer
162 views
I have an Prometheus radGrid and when sorting, paging, and updating, there's a few second delay between actions.  I would like a loading animation to show during this delay. Is there a property to enable a loading panel built into the  Prometheus radGrid control, do I need to add a AjaxLoadingPanel and assign it somehow?  What's the best way to do this?
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
2 answers
101 views
Hi

I found a post that related to the ASP.NET RadGrid to handle a situation where a client custom logic can be applied when a page index is clicked:

    http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bakdak.aspx


I was wondering what would be the best approach for the Prometheus RadGrid?

Basically what I want is that when a user clicks on a page index, client logic will determine if they are allowed to continue or not.


Kind regards

Mark Eaton
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
0 answers
127 views
Found the link to my answer, please delete if possible. Sorry!


Hello once again,

I would like to have the pop up removed that appears when you copy and paste text from MS Word. "The content you are trying to paste has MS Word Formatting. Would you like to clean it?"

Is this just a setting change? I wasn't having any luck searching for an answer.

My customer prefers to keep the MS Word formatting, and if they do not want it, they can use the format stripper manually.

Thanks!
- Chris
Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Mar 2008
3 answers
132 views
Hi there,

I used the tooltip load on demand.  Using the sample http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/ToolTip/Examples/LoadOnDemand/DefaultCS.aspx
I have a "Add new item" and an asp repeater.  When I click on "Add new item", it tooltifies my form in the tooltip.  After I fill the information in and clicks on the submit button.  I added the new information to the database.  Once this is completed i then databind the repeater with the new list (original list items + the item i just added).  It displays without any problem.

However, the problem now comes to when I click on the new item from this new list, it didn't show the tooltip for the new item.  I clicked on all other items, it displays accordingly.  If I refresh the page, everything works (new item show the tooltip).  So when i debug, i found out the tooltipmanager on ajax update couldn't pick up my new item to be ajaxfy.  Please help.

Chris
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
2 answers
84 views
Afternoon,

as my usual last resort I post my problem here. The following is driving me nuts.

Whenever I open a solution with a web application and F5 ( debug ) run it the solution explorer ( or whatever is behind it ) tries to recursively open ALL folders/subfolders in the RadControls folder ( even thou they are market excluded from project ).

I am using VS 2008 Team System Dev Edition and Telerik 2007 Q3.

I can't find anywhere ( and I have been looking ) with a solution to turn that behaviour off.

If anybody has a solution ... pls pls pls. This is driving me nuts when I need to jump from one project to the other and I need to wait 5 minutes on the first debug since the solution explorer needs to open everything.

TIA

SR
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
97 views
When using the node text editing demo page (it does the same in my application) and try to rename/edit a node that has a plus (+) character in it I get an error. In IE I get an unspecified error while in FF I get an "invalid qualifier +".

Here's how to reproduce:
1. Go to http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/TreeView/Examples/Functionality/NodeEditing/DefaultCS.aspx
2. Change "Fiction" to "Fiction++" (press Enter)
3. Change "Fiction++" back to "Fiction"

(gotta work for 'em points <g>)
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
2 answers
298 views
I've successfully created my RadDocks dynamically, but now I want to delete/remove them.  Using 'RadDockZone1.Controls.Remove(dock)' visibly removes the dock from my screen, but when I click my 'Save' button and loop through my RadDockZone, the 'removed' dock still exists.

How do I remove it properly?

Thanks,

JJ
JJ
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?