Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
181 views
I have a customer requirement for a grid that when rolled up shows metric totals next to the group name. For Example the columns might look like:


Customer | Order# | Description | Status | Estimated | Authorized | Expended

The grouping column would be the customer. My requirement is to have the Estimated, Authorized, and Expended columns display totals when the customer group is collapsed.

Can I fill this requirement using the Prometheus RadGrid?

Thanks,

John
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
2 answers
109 views
Hi,

I have a page that uses an update panel and autopostback for a few docks in order to save the dock positions in the background as soon as a user moves something on the screen.

This works fine for the change of the dock's position within the layout control as it uses the DockPositionChanged event. But I also need something to the effect of DockStateChanged.

Ofcourse there isn't one, so can anyone give ideas on how to detect the change in a dock's state(minimised/maximised/closed)?
Kia
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
2 answers
72 views
Hi,

Unlike the demos, when I create a docking application, dragging it around in IE is very jerkey. If I move the mouse around fast then the dock does not follow till I stop, else, if I move the mouse very slowly, it will follow but not very smooth at all. It seems perfectly fine in Firefox.

The reason I question it is that the demos move quite smooth in my IE. could I be doing something wrong?

I'm using IE7 and Firefox 2 on a Core2 duo 2.2ghz, 2gb ram. I think performance should not be an issue.

Cheers,
Kia
Kia
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
2 answers
179 views
Is it possible to have different values for FirstDayOfWeek for the week view and month view?  I would like to show a 5 day work week in the week view, but in the month view it looks strange to have the weekends missing, so I want to show all days there.

TIA
Rob Teegarden
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
4 answers
226 views
I am using a prometheus radGrid.  I have the Add New Record and refresh links at the top since I have this property set like:

CommandItemDisplay

="Top"

My question is, how do I remove the Refresh link?  I just want the Add New Record to appear.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
8 answers
186 views
I would like to display 'Contacts' on the sliding pane when collapsed but display a longer title at the top when expanded 'Contacts for John Smith'. The reason is I need to identify who the contacts are for but I don't want the long title along the side of my splitter when it's collapsed. It would be nice to see ExpandedTitle and CollapsedTitle properties.
Nancy Cara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
1 answer
159 views
Hello,

2 questions please :

1) How do i configure the scheduler to place appointments for half an hour,
    example : from 12:00 to 12:30.

    does the scheduler allow to work only with "complete hours"?

2) Do i have the ability to configure the AdvancedFrom,i mean for example:

    hiding the "All Day Event" CheckBox ?

thank you.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
3 answers
182 views
Hi,

I am trying to accomplish what I thought was a relatively simple task - programmatically setting the selected item, and I cannot get it to work.

Prior to my user attempting to change the selection in the combobox, I have to check whether they are allowed to or not (they may not have filled in everything required for example), so I have hooked up the OnClientSelectedIndexChanging event and am checking if they can change the selection or not in this event.  If they are not allowed to change, I am saving the index of the item they requested, cancelling the selectionchanging event and prompting them.  If they choose a certain answer I wish to allow the new selection to be allowed so then try to select the index of the item they originally selected.  I have tried this the following ways:

pageList.set_selectedIndex( pageIndexToLoad );  
 
pageList.set_selectedItem( pageList.get_items().getItem( pageIndexToLoad ) );  
 

Both correctly set the selected index/item of the combobox, but neither actually change the combobox to the respective item - it is left displaying the original item.  What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
4 answers
116 views
Hi,

I couldn't find the TabStrip control in the upcoming Prometheus controls.

In case its not available, do we need to busy separate licences for Promethus and Rad Tabstrip.

Please clarify.

Best regards
Farrukh
mfmz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
3 answers
181 views
I am using the RadUpload Prometheus controls in a multiview control. I configured the skin to be Office2007 and I am getting two undesirable results.

First and foremost, How do I get rid of the black squares on the left side of the control? and second, how can I change the border color to be nothing, or at the very least, the same color as the background. the border-color argument is overwritten by the skin cssclass.

Thank you,

John

Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?