Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
72 views
Hello,

I am using Prometheus and am trying to use an ajaxToolkit CollapsiblePanelExtender on a panel that contains a radgrid in a usercontrol.  The RadGrid initially displays correctly in the panel but if you try to click on a row in the radgrid I get an exception and the radgrid disappears.  The error string references the user control ID and the radgrid ID.   I was using RadAjaxManager to ajax the grid, but even if I comment out the ajax I still get the error.  The error is:

"Sys.InvalidOperationException: Could not find UpdatePanel with ID 'ct100_ct100_ct100_cphBody_cphBody_cphBody_ct100_ct100_ct100_cphBody_cphBody_cphBody_<UserControlName>_<RadGridName>Panel' If it is being updated dynamically then it must be inside another UpdatePanel.

where <UserControlName> is the ID of my user control and <RadGridName> is the ID of my RadGrid
Thanks for your help,
Erin
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
3 answers
115 views
Hello,

We are experiencing a problem in IE7 with the latest ToolTip having DOCTYPE of HTML 4.0 Transitional set for our page:

<!

DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

Whenever ToolTip is displayed, it goes to the top of the window, regardless of RelativeTo=Element and Position=TopCenter with TargetControlID set.

FireFox displeyes ToolTip correctly positioned right above the TargetControl.

Could you please advise how could we resolve this?

Thank you,
Konstantin
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
9 answers
280 views
Hi!
I am using the Prometheus RadEditor, and trying to achieve a simple task:
I want to add a button who applies a custom css class ("HighLight").
I am using editor.fire("ApplyClass","HighLight") to do this,
but I can't find any way to send the class name to the function.
The class gets applied as <span class="undefined">Hello world!</span>

Anyone knows how to do this?

Thanx,
Kent
George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
1 answer
86 views
In VS 2008, when we use the Web Content Page / Master Page, the RadAjaxManager does not show any controls in the Web Content Page. Even when we try to put all controls/ Prometheus controls in the Web Content Page, the result is still the same.

However, it works fine in VS 2005.

Is this a bug ? Is there any work-around ? If it is a bug, when will there be a fix in the future ?

Currently, we moved all of our web application/windows application to VS 2008. We could not downgrade our projects back to VS 2005 in order to use Telerik Prometheus.

Thanks for your help.
Tran.

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
2 answers
109 views

hi,

Just downloaded your latest version of lite and I'm not able to use your MossRadEditor class in a custom webpart as it has no public constructors.

This should be possible right?

You have an entry in the help file about it:

"Using RadEditor in custom MOSS solutions
To use RadEditor in custom MOSS solutions, you can use the MOSSRadEditor base class"

Colin.

colin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
5 answers
192 views
When adding nodes to a treeview on the client side, is it possible to add custom attributes as well?

Seth
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
1 answer
130 views
Does anyone know how to filter on muliple columns?  Currently, I'm using the Prometheus RadGrid with AllowFilteringByColumn = True but when I filter on the second column, the first columns filter text disappears.

Any ideas?
Sean Eby
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
3 answers
161 views
Hello,

I may be missing something, but I cannot find a property to use to set the contents of a sliding pane from my codebehind page.  I have declared a sliding pane which contains help information from a master page, and I want to change the HTML contents of that sliding pane from the codebehind of each page that uses the master page.  (I am creating a wizard-style interface, hopefully with a slide-out help pane on the right.)  But I cannot find a single property that lets me set those contents.  Oddly I do see a client-side method, setContent, but I'd really rather handle this on the server.  Is there a way to do this directly, or do I have to embed some sort of other HTML control and then set its value?

Thanks.
Amanda
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
0 answers
115 views
Does anyone have an example of the radgrid wrapped in a ASP.Net Server Control? I am trying to make 1 control that uses subsonic for it's datasource with server side pagination built in.

I know how to throw it all on a page, but i'm having problems converting it to a server control.

Thanks
Steven Marchessault
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Mar 2008
1 answer
160 views
How do we add the "Preview Mode" button to the bottom toolbar? All we get is the option to switch between GUI and HTML editng, but not preview (magnifying glass).

I've looked at available ToolsFile.xml items, but can't seem to find it - just additonal Modules for the DOM etc.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?