Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
147 views
Hi,

I logged a support call last week (#
122933) regarding the RAD editor for MOSS control (v 4.5.0.0), I've not had any form of response inside the agreed 48 hour time frame.

In our current MOSS instalation we store all images used throughout the site in a central library in the root website of our site collection. However we are having problems because when editing a page from a sub-site we are unable to select an image from a library in a website above the current site.

eg - Our site structure looks like so:

/Root Site/
/Root Site/Sub Site 1/
/Root Site/Sub Site 2/

Our images are stored in a library inside "/Root Site/"
When editing content in "/Root site/Sub Site 1/" we are unable to select these images from the Image Manager.

Is there a solution to this problem that would enable us to use the control as we intend?
George
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
0 answers
111 views
Is there a configuration setting that allows the RadEditor to have a specified 'Chrome Type' selected when the user puts the web part onto the page?
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Mar 2008
5 answers
170 views
Hi,

we already limited the colors available in the fore- and background color controls, but there still is the possibility to add "New color..." or "Hex color...".

Is there a way to get rid of this two entries? Maybe by just hiding the right table cells?

Greetings,

Robert
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
3 answers
204 views
Hi

Lets say i have a simple menu with only one level of items, I am highlighting the menu item corresponding to the page the user is viewing like so

Dim menuItem As RadMenuItem = MainMenu.FindItemByUrl(Request.Url.PathAndQuery)

If Not (menuItem Is Nothing) Then

menuItem.CssClass =

"rmFocused"

 

End If 

My menu has now changed to have child items

e.g
Parent1
  Child1
  Child2
Parent 2
Parent 3
Parent 4
  Child 3
  Child 4

If the user selects the menu item called Child 1, i want its parent menu item Parent1 to be highlighted when the page loads to show the user is in that 'section' of the menu. I dont know how to do this

thanks
andrea

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
1 answer
247 views
I have a RadGrid that I have enabled client side column reordering on.

_radDataGrid.ClientSettings.AllowColumnsReorder =

true;
_radDataGrid.ClientSettings.ReorderColumnsOnClient =
true;
_radDataGrid.ClientSettings.ColumnsReorderMethod = GridClientSettings.GridColumnsReorderMethod.Reorder;

The columns are all defined programatically using templates.  The header for most of the columns is also defined using a template.  When attempting to drag and drop a column header from one to another for column reordering, the arrows (indicating the reorder placement) only appear when I place the cursor very close to the edge of any other header.  In the examples - the user can simply drag over just about any location on the other headers.  It seems that the templated headers are causing the draggable area to be almost non-existent.  Is there are way to make the column reordering with drag and drop work with templated column headers?

Thanks.

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
5 answers
562 views
I have a site in which there is a search box on the master page.  On every page except for the search results page, this control redirects to the search results page.  On the search results page, this control needs to do an asynchronous postback. 

This is easy to do with Ajax for .Net, you simply access the master page controls from the search results page and register the search button as a asynchronous trigger.  Unfortunately this page is now using the RadAjaxPanel, and I can't find an equivalent for how to register triggers with custom code.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
3 answers
159 views
I am catching the OnItemClicking event of the menu and for a particular tool, such as Delete, I want to ask the user if they are sure they want to continue with a simple confirm dialog box.  I plan to use RadWindow's custom confirm but it doesn't block the execution of my code.  So how can I achieve this affect?  I am thinking I will return false to cancel the click and send in a callback function to RadWindow's confirm that will simulate the item being clicked if the user selects Yes.  Is this possible?  And will the OnItemClicking event fire again?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
3 answers
194 views
Hi
I need to add a javascript code at runtime in the RadDock which is created dynamically.
Can anyone help on this?
Thank you.

Dimcho
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
6 answers
221 views
Hi,

I just installed the Lite RadEditor on our development server and it works great. I just can't get the emoticons working.

First I tried (ID#532) Creating an emoticon dropdown in RadEditor 5.x - 7.x but the dropdown with the emoticons is not shown. The only difference I had was that I replaced
<radE:RadEditor id="RadEditor1" EnableServerSideRendering="False" Runat="server"></radE:RadEditor> 
with
<radE:RadHtmlField id="Content" FieldName="PublishingPageContent" runat="server"></radE:RadHtmlField>

Then I realised that the version for the MOSS Rad Editor is 4.5.0.0 and the manual was for 5.x-7.x and so I tried your knowledge base article (ID#306) Creating an emoticon dropdown in RadEditor v4.x  but  when I try to add the code to the defaultLayout.asp page I only get an error that inserting code blocks is not allowed in this file.

Could you tell me which one of the Knowledge Base Articles should work when I need the emoticons in the Webpart and in the Web Content Manangement Scenario (accoring to your Help Topic "Using RadEditor in Web Content Management scenario")

cheers
Jann

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
2 answers
116 views
Hello everybody!

I want to achieve that i can add Hyperlinks to a rad combobox programatically.
The links should redirect the user to another page.

Ideally the selectedLink can be clicked even if the radcombobx is disabled.
Thx for your help & kind regards
 Markus
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?