Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
215 views
Hello,

I have a user control that contains a promethus combobox that is load on demand from a web service.

The control is on the page initially, but in a hidden panel (so not rendered)

I then set the panel visible during a RadAjaxManager postback.

This shows the user control, but the drop down does not work at all.

Is there any work around to this situation, even if it is as ugly as registering javascript during the ajax callback?

I noticed that the following javascript is rendered for the combo's in the user controls that are intially visible, but is not rendered for the combo's in the user controls made visible during the ajax postback. (this is from the rendered JS not the view source of the page)

WebForm_InitCallback();Sys.Application.add_init(function() {
    $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox, {"_dropDownWidth":0,"_showDropDownOnTextboxClick":false,"_skin":"Office2007","_uniqueId":"ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$RetailComponentControl1$ddlFrom","allowCustomText":true,"clientStateFieldID":"ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RetailComponentControl1_ddlFrom_ClientState","collapseAnimation":"{\"type\":12,\"duration\":200}","enableLoadOnDemand":true,"itemData":[],"text":"","value":"","webServiceSettings":"{\"path\":\"/CallbackWebServices/ComboBoxLists.asmx\",\"method\":\"AirportList\"}"}, {"itemsRequesting":itemRequesting}, null, $get("ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RetailComponentControl1_ddlFrom"));
});

Could I just manually add this and make it work?

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
98 views
Hi,

I have a page with several docks created in design time. Would like the state of each saving to a database, but there are a large number of items breaking a state object down. Is it possible to save the lot in one go?

eg, I can get GetState.ToString, but then is it possible to somehow apply the lot in one hit with ApplyState?

Also occasionally I may want to programmatically move one of the existing docks around the layout control(eg:change order to the bottom). Is this possible?


Very much appreciated.
Kia
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
2 answers
140 views
Is there a way to keep the progress indicator visible after an upload to show the upload statistics to the user?  It dissappears on postback.
Rob Teegarden
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
3 answers
396 views

Prometheus vs Rad. 

In Rad I was able to use

    ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(cstype, "", " AjaxNS.AR('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Buttonx', '', 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadAjaxPanel1', event); ", true);

to Submit my page back to itself.  I am creating some images for the user and want to show the loading panel while the work is being done.  When the image finish creating the "Loading" would disapear. 

With Prometheus I can get the page to submit back to itself, but the loading panel does not appear.
I have tried:
ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(cstype, "", " 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Buttox.click(); ", true);

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Buttonx, cstype, "", " 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_Buttox.click(); ", true);

If I disable the start up script and just click the button the loading panel does appear. 

I can tell that is it is not firing the OnRequestStart event of the loading panel. 

What I am trying to accomplish is that the page loads - then automaticly post back to it self showing the loading panel.  Generate some user images in the code behind of the button click.  show the images - then hide the loading panel. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
2 answers
80 views
I don't know if this is the reason, but I use a radAjaxLoadingPanal on a page used in a radWindow. I use the "DefaultLoadingPanelID" of radAjaxManager to show the radAjaxLoadingPanel image. The problem is now that the images keeps visible for ever, also if the Ajax request has ended. Any ideas?
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
3 answers
232 views
I would like to be able to perform a simple call to the server just to get some information.  The simplest example of this is that I would like to issue a call from the client like this:

myBoolVar = serverIsThereNewDataForMe(MyID);

or

myStringVar = serverWhatIsYouFavoriteColor();

I specifically want to be able to ask the server for some simple data without having to incur the overhead of the normal Ajax call where the entire page script is run.  The reason for this is I might be making a call back to the server every second or two and I'd like to optimize this to be as simple as possible with as little network traffic as possible.

Thanks.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
3 answers
107 views
Hi,
Wasnt to sure where I should be posting this question, so I decided to post it within the general section.
My scenario is as follows:
I have a form, which I expect the user to fill out detailing as businesses details. Upon that form, I have an image button that opens a radwindow to another page, that allows the user to select a correct address based on that postcode.
I have acieved this using the examples (Session), but in all examples the parent page will post back once the radwindow is closed, thus so, any data already entered into the page is lost.

I want to be able to pass the data back to the parent page without refreshing the parent page (and thus loosing any data already entered).

I think this could be acomplished using an AjaxRequest, but I am not sure how, so any examples would be great.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
2 answers
114 views
Hi,

I would like to know, if it is possible to remove the DeleteButton from the Image Manager browser.

Best regards

Falk
Falk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
151 views
Hi, I have a custom component that uses a strongly-typed DataSet or DataTable, and I want to have access to the current filtered data that the Grid is showing.

I tried this code but seems not to be working. My grid fills with a LinqDataSource.

I
s there a way to do this?

Regards,
Christian
alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
1 answer
93 views
If I am to use the following line:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

My colour picker works great. But if I am to leave this line out it ruins the spacing for the colour picker. I have tried adjusting every setting eg: width etc but have no luck.

I need to exclude the DOCTYPE line from my code as my CSS file is a .aspx (so it builds the css values from a database) and does not work in FIREFOX if I enclude that line.

Does anyone know how I can adjust the spacing for the colour picker?

Just clear up what I am getting:

[] = a colour square

[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
[] []
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
[] []
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
[] []
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
[] []
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
[] []
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Thanks

Ubong
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?