Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
90 views
Hi,

I'm am currently using custom paging and need to be able to continue to use my custom paging logic even when a filter has been set.

Currently the grid doesn't display the paging details when a filter is applied.

What would be the best way to get the grid to continue to display the paging details when filtering?

Many thanks
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
2 answers
195 views
I downloaded the trail, want through most of the examples. So I figured I was good to go and start.

  1. I created a web project and dropped the RadGrid on the form
  2. I used the Smart Tag to select the options I wanted and select Office2007 as the skin and other properties (Enable Client-Side Row Selection)
  3. Added the ScriptManager as informed by the dialog and the SQLDataSource
  4. Ran the project and was presented with the base grid. However, when I click on a row, I do nto see it highlighted. Am I missing the graphics files?

 My question is simple, Is there other setup that is required in my solution for RadGrid skins to work as shown in the Live Examples?

Thanks,
Luke

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
2 answers
243 views
Hi,
I am having a problem using a RadEditor control with a detailsview. I created a TemplateField with the following:

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="PageContent" SortExpression="PageContent">
                    <EditItemTemplate>
                        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEContent" runat="server" ToolsFile="~/ToolsFile.xml" EditModes="All" Height="459px"
                                Skin="Vista" StripFormattingOnPaste="None" StripFormattingOptions="None" ToolbarMode="Default"
                                Width="100%" Text='<%# Bind("PageContent") %>'>
                                <SpellCheckSettings SpellCheckProvider="PhoneticProvider" WordIgnoreOptions="None" />
                            </telerik:RadEditor>
                    </EditItemTemplate>
                    <InsertItemTemplate>
                         <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEContent" runat="server" ToolsFile="~/ToolsFile.xml" EditModes="All" Height="459px"
                                Skin="Vista" StripFormattingOnPaste="None" StripFormattingOptions="None" ToolbarMode="Default"
                                Width="100%" Text='<%# Bind("PageContent") %>'>
                                <Content></Content>
                                <SpellCheckSettings SpellCheckProvider="PhoneticProvider" WordIgnoreOptions="None" />
                            </telerik:RadEditor>
                    </InsertItemTemplate>
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("PageContent") %>'></asp:Label>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </asp:TemplateField>

The Insert Item part works fine, however when I try to switch the detailsview control to edit mode, I get the following error: 

Please, use the Content property of RadEditor to set its content.
The value of the Text property is generated using the value of the Content property.

If I attempt to bind between the <content></content> elements, this also gives me an error.

Jimmie Houts
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
7 answers
219 views
I am using the latest Prometheus controls with Visual Studio 2008 and do not have System.Web.Extensions 1 in my GAC, only v3.5. My web pages work fine, but design mode fails to show any of the Telerik controls. All I get are blocks showing the error below. I am targeting framework 3.5. What can I do to see my web site in design view? I am only using VS 2008 and only target framework 3.5.

Unable to create type 'telerik:RadDatePicker'.
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or its dependencies. The system cannot fine the file specified.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Mar 2008
11 answers
518 views
Hi guys,

We're looking into building a mini CMS for one of our sites. This site allows custom URLs (with URL rewriting) with the content and pages in a database. So the client can change a page's url from "/folder/page1.aspx" to "/otherfolder/page2.aspx" by simply using the interface in the admin section.

Now, the problem is linking between pages. All the links in the HTML blocks are pretty much hardcoded. If the client renames a page we would have broken links, and we're trying to avoid that.

As a solution we're looking at preventing direct links; so instead of href="/folder/page1.aspx" originalAttribute="href" originalPath="/folder/page1.aspx" we would have something like href="{{node:332}}". originalAttribute="href" originalPath=""{{node:332}}"." Then the parser would go through all the links in the page and replace those with actual URLs.

This wouldn't be an issue if the pages would be edited by developers or web designers. We need to make linking to existing pages as easy as possible. We've looked at the RadEditor and saw that it had the ability to create custom windows. Is it flexible enough to allow us to redefine how links are built, and how hard would that be? Any samples?

If you know of a better way to solve this problem please let us know. How do the big guys do this?

Thank you. 
Peter Zolja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
4 answers
401 views
I have a RadCombobox that basically has a static list of usually 8-9 coded prices something like this:

F - $1.50 ea.  
E - $2.50 ea.  
D - $3.50 ea.  
etc... 
 
I want the user to be able to be able to hit 'F', 'E', 'D' to select the corresponding price in the dropdown list, but I can find no easy way to do it without directly handling keyboard input in the OnClientKeyPressing client side event. 

I tried ...

protected void selTabCode_ItemDataBound(object sender, RadComboBoxItemEventArgs e) {  
    TabCodePrice tcp = null;  
 
    if(e.Item == null || (tcp = e.Item.DataItem as TabCodePrice) == null)  
        return;  
 
    e.Item.AccessKey = tcp.TabCode;  
}  
 

... but to no avail.  Is there any easier way to do this that I am missing?

Thanks,
Kevin
John Fetherolf
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
2 answers
266 views
Is it possible to get new lines or breaks to show up in the calendar appointments? I've got them showing in tooltips by using \r\n but it just shows up as a space in the calendar appointment item. <br> doesnt work either as that just shows up as plaintext in both the appointment and the tooltip.
Piyush Bhatt
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
4 answers
464 views
Maybe this has been answered in another thread but after a couple hours of searching I am unable to find the answer...

I have a RadAjaxManager on a page that I would like to cause a postback using the javascript code below

the codebehind gets called (as listed below) but the javascript *never* shows up on the page.

Is there something I should be doing different?

----webpage code----
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxPanel1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblLabel" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

----code behind----
    Private Sub RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs) Handles RadAjaxManager1.AjaxRequest
        Me.RadAjaxManager1.ResponseScripts.Add("alert('This is an alert');")
    End Sub

----javascript----

    var arguments = '';
var ajaxManager = <%=RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>;
ajaxManager.AjaxRequest(arguments);


Thomas Eberhard
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
3 answers
341 views
I was wondering if anyone has implemented RadUpload into MOSS 2007?

I have read all the documentation and whitepapers, but I wanted to know if anyone has done this before and might have some advice with this particular control.

From my standpoint I don't think it is possible to 'override' the default upload control in MOSS. So we have thought of 2 approaches.

1. Create a custom web part that renders the RadUpload control, setting the RadControls dirctory in code per the whitepaper. Then adding a "Save File(s)" button on the web part to actually perform the upload function. The save button would need to make in insertion into a document library using the SPList.Files.Add command. The document library would be selected with a custom toolpane option.

2. Basically the same as the above, except instead of having the toolpane option to select the upload location, we could put the web part on the default document upload page. (in most cases a default upload document page is created for each site /_layouts/Upload.aspx) We could then pull the ListID out of the query string which will determine which document library to upload to. This option requires less deployment and is more dynamic.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
1 answer
162 views
Hi
I followed the MyPortalDB example on this thread http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-maehh.aspx to save dock states into a database. 
I don't want to save the state of closed docks into the database. The thread above suggests that I can skip closed docks by passing a boolean parameter to RegisteredDocksState() in SaveDockLayout method. I have tried this but I get a javascript error when I try to create a new dock after I closed one.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you

Naho
Dimcho
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?