Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
133 views
Hi

I'm having major problems with controls in template columns losing their skin settings on Ajax postback in edit or add mode.

This is especially prevelant with radDatePickers and radTimePickers.

Is there an solution for this i.e. can I loop through a collection of controls within a collection to set the properties in the item created event?

Thanks

Richard
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
220 views

I have a grid that has scrolling and grouping enabled. Also, sorting, filtering and paging is enabled.

 <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" DataSourceID="datasource1" runat="server" Width="97%"
            PageSize="20" AllowSorting="True" Skin="Office2007" AllowPaging="True"
            ShowGroupPanel="True" GridLines="None" AllowFilteringByColumn="True">
            <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevNumericAndAdvanced"></PagerStyle>   
                                      
                <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="None" CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst"
                    DataSourceID="CTK" Dir="LTR" Frame="Border" TableLayout="Auto" Width="100%" GroupLoadMode="Client" >
....


<ClientSettings ReorderColumnsOnClient="True" AllowDragToGroup="True"
AllowColumnsReorder="True" >
<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" >
</Scrolling>
</ClientSettings>

When I drag a column to group,the grouping does occur but  the horizontal scroll is lost, and all columns widths are shrunk to fit.

Is there a way to maintain the column widths and maintain horizontal scroll after grouping?

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Thanks,
Tal





Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
171 views
RADMenu scrolls nicely...  Is there a way to get TreeView to scroll as well within a node?

My intended use might certainly have more than 50 or even a few hundred items under a node, which would scroll off the page of course.

If TreeView can't do it... any alternatives?

Thank you.
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
120 views
How do I get a hold of setting properties for the DatePicker Calendar Pop-up that is displayed on the advanced edit form. Specifically, I have a shared calendar that I created on my Master page. I'd like to have the popup calendars on the advanced edit form use that shared calendar.

Right now, the skin for those calendars seems to default to whatever the name of the skin is for the scheduler, except that I cannot set the image path since there isn't a calendar tag.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
2 answers
170 views
Hello,

I have a page with a Prometheus grid control with a user control for editing. The user control itself has another Prometheus grid and I want to be able to sort and page and select records from the second grid in the user control, but when I try to sort the second grid the whole user control disappears. Also, the page scroll bar, for paging the grid, is not visible in the second grid, even it shows 1 of 15 pages.
When I put the user control in a separate page it seems to work correctly.

I have only one rad script manager control in the page. The user controls has only RadAjaxManager.

I am wondering if there is a way to allow the grid functionality on the user control which is a part of the main grid.


Thanks,
Ivo
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
130 views
Hi,

I am trying to set the DatePicker selected date from the client side.  However the javascript I used doesn't really work.  This is what I used.

    var newMinDate = null;
    var startCalendar = $find(startDateId);
    if (startCalendar != null)
    {
        if (newMinDate!=null)
        {
            startCalendar.selectDate(newMinDate,true);
            startCalendar.set_minDate(newMinDate);
        }
        if (newMaxDate!=null)
            startCalendar.set_maxDate(newMaxDate);
    }

The bold line breaks,  I am not able to find good documentation on what client API method, properties provided from the online doc.  please let me know what method should I call to set the textbox value and calendar selected date to the date I want from client side.

Chris
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
3 answers
82 views
Am I correct in thinking that there is no way to use the RadAjaxManager for controls in different content areas on the same page?
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
4 answers
90 views
I have a RadAjaxManager and RadScriptManager on a masterpage.  I overrode the MasterPage's OnInit method and set the ID to 'mp'.  By default, it's 'ctl00'.  This breaks RadAjaxManager in that all ajax callbacks become regular postbacks.  Not a huge deal but it would be nice if this is fixed so I can shorten the ID just a bit.  My page is fairly complex and all those nesting INamingContainers are making control IDs really really long.
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
1 answer
91 views
is that possible.   It seems that this could be done with some "footwork" utilizing the AfterClientHighlight with the RadControls ASP.NET ... but where is that event in Prometheus or how can I accomplish something similar with the Prometheus treeview?

- Henrik
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
7 answers
199 views
Hello,

I was hoping you could provide some guidance on how to integrate either the RadUpload or ASP.net Upload Control into a Rad Grid that has been "Ajaxified" through the Asp.net UpdatePanel.  I saw your example of how to do this with the previous version of rad grid --http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Controls/Examples/Integration/UploadInAjaxifiedRadGrid/DefaultCS.aspx?product=upload-- but will not work in this case as far as I can tell in part because the Prometheus RadGrid does not support the onrequeststart client event.  In either case, any guidance would be appreciated.   Thanks so much for your help.

PS. I would be happy to post my code if that is helpful, but it is really just a generic radgrid with an ASP file upload control surrounded by a generic updatepanel.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?