Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
108 views
Hi all,

I am new to telerik so this may be a dumb question.  In ASP.Net, I always setup a skin file in the Theme folder.  I then set-up my skins for the various ASP web controls and use them in my pages.  Can I still do this?  I am overwhelmed when I look at all the skin files which came with my Telerik purchase.  I am also confused with all the stylesheet stuff discussed in the documentation.  Also, can the skins I set-up be used for both Prometheus and non-Prometheus controls?

Thanks,
Bob
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
7 answers
453 views
Hello,
  Is there any simple demo that shows how to turn off the ajax when using upload?

I found a demo in demo project but as it is related to other pages, I can not figure out how it is working. What I want is a very simple project with only one page that has only an ajax panel and an upload. Is there any such demo?

Regards
mansour
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
1 answer
155 views
... Where is it?

I have  no Possibility to select this option. I am using ASP.Net 3.5 and TelerikControls RadControls_Prometheus_2007_3_1314_trial.

Can anybody give me an hint?

thanx
Christian
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
3 answers
142 views
Hi,
A number of forum posts and the online help mention that you can specify the alpha value for colors to make them transparent (or semi-transparent). They say just to enter a 4th number after the RGB values.

This does not always seem to work when entering the values into the properties of the RadChart control. For example if I enter "255,128,0,128" into the Appearance/FillStyle/MainColor it gets changed to "Purple" i.e. 128,0,128. It has stripped out the first number in the quartet. Whenever the Red value is 255 then it strips that value out.

Also the color swatch next to the values does not display the color correctly if there is an alpha value in there. e.g. If you enter "0,0,255,128" it should show half transparent blue. But ti shows white. Even entering "0,0,255,0" does not show blue.
Clayton.
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
1 answer
120 views
Hi,

I have a problem with prometheus radwindows, the issue has changed from one version to another but there are always problems with modal radwindows.

In the version before the last one of prometheus I set the windows to modal=true by using a window manager, those radwindows were launched from inside of a radpanelbar, but the window never appeared centered but in some place at the bottom of the screen, and the parent page got separated in two sections: one above the radwindow and the another one under it.

With the new version of prometheus those windows are being displayed like modal=false when I set them to modal = true. I don´t know if there are known issues working with radwindows that are fired inside a radpanelbar.

Thanks in advance
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
1 answer
76 views
Hi,
I have a radComboBox (for example with the list of customers) in a RadGrid (for example with the list of orders). This combo is loaded with the list of values of a sql table. If i have save in a order a customerId that is not in the list of  customers, when i try to edit the row of the grid an error appears because the selectedValñue of the combo is not in the list. Witch is the best practice to solve this???. I would like to keep in the grid the value of the customer,  although the value is not in the list, and i would like to save this same value if the user doesn't change this value for one of the list of the radcombo.

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
1 answer
61 views
hi,
i am using scheduler (month view) on a web page and i am highlighting current day using following CSS:

.RadScheduler_Office2007

.rsRow .rsCell.rsTodayCell

{

background: orange ;

}

It works fine on IE7 and firefox, but doesnt work on IE6.
Can somebody guide me on this?

Thanks!
Saumin

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
3 answers
156 views
Hi guys,

I downloaded the latest version (1425) and after I copied the dlls to my solution things started to break. RadEditor would not work anymore ('Telerik' is undefined JS error in IE); the tree would render text only with similar JS error. My guess was that I did something wrong, but everything in web.config was as it should. So I downloaded the manual installation for both 1425 and 1314 and ran them in VS2005 (VS2008 fails to convert the project btw). I have nothing in GAC, so there should be no cross contamination. The live demos sample (for v1425) behaved the same as in my solution (i.e. broken) while v1314 worked fine.

Did I do something wrong or is it really broken?

Thanks.
(Windows 2003, .NET 2.0 project with VS2005 and VS2008, always using manual installation -- i.e. copy dlls)
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hello,

I am with the following problem,
I have a grid in which part of her office with a ODSource and other columns by hand, to give ownership group, the columns loaded on hand to give me an exception quererlas clustering, object void.

Thank you.

Juan.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
1 answer
83 views
I have a radComboBox in a RagGrid. this combo is loaded with the values of a sql table, and i have AllowCustomText=True. If i write in the combo a value that is not in the combo list (for example "5"), and then i save the record of the grid, in the database null value is saved instead of "5".  Witch is the best practice if i want to save the "5" value in the database???.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?