Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
135 views
Hi!

Can I use prometheus with wss 3.0 (use the controls on the wss pages)? If yes, can you write the steps to accomplish that?
Thanks a lot

Radek
George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
4 answers
170 views
I'd like the checkbox field to databind to my IsChecked field in my sqldatasource. Is this possible or do I have to check it OnNodeDataBound in code behind?
Nancy Cara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
1 answer
61 views
Hi,
I'm testing your editor with Firefox 3 (Beta4). The issues with the Form Elements are now grown! It seems there is no way to edit this elements anymore. Please check this and look for a workaround. I need this functionality in my applications (and in future Firefox browsers).

Thanks and best regards,
Andreas
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
9 answers
218 views
I am trying to use the minimize to zone feature and it does not work for me.  I got it to work in RadControls for ASP.NET, but not in this new version.

I am using version 2007.3.1310.20 of the Web.UI.

On my RadWindow control, I have the MinimizeZoneID set to a regular ASP.NET Panel. 

I do not see an attribute for MinimizeMode anywhere on the RadWindow or the RadWindowManager.

Suggestions?  Examples?

Thanks.
Seth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
1 answer
179 views

Hello,

I just upgraded my treeview control to Prometheus and I am having an issue with the TreeNodeExpandMode.ServerSideCallBack.  My tree is populated from and XML document and can be rather large, so I have server side expand on.  I fixed all the other small things to make it work with the new control, but this one I can't seem to fix.

The first node I click on to expand, it works just fine on the server side expand all sub nodes and items show up.  But then I click on another node to expand - either below the node just opened or off the root node and I get that message box with the text below.  I did some debugging and it is posting back because the Page Load event is being called, but the error just pops up before the NodeExpand event is called.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Cannot find item with hierarchical index

Rob Teegarden
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
1 answer
130 views
I'm trying to float the editor on the left and a Grid on the right but the editor won't resize to make room for the grid? I tried seting the width as a % and removing the width completely. no luck.

I also tried putting them into a Splitter with vertical splitbar but moving the splitbar only overlaps and hides part of the editor not resize it.

how can I get the editor to size to flow? I think the ASP.NET one will?

Thanks
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
1 answer
176 views
Hello,

Spell Checker is available for the RAD Editor 4.1.0 version. If yes, how do I enable it for a List in MOSS?

Thanks,
Kishan
George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
4 answers
229 views
Is it possible to put the command buttons to the left instead of the right side?

Thanks,
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
2 answers
197 views
Hello,

I m using grouping for the grid.

What i m gonna archieve is using javascript to expand/collapse all rows.

I know how to do this on server side (on docs). but have no idea on client side.(how can i get & control group headers??)

pls help!

Cheers,
Ellton
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
4 answers
257 views

I am trying to convert the existing Classic menu to Prometheus menu and i am facing a problem.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------On the ASPX Page, i have the below entries
==========================================
<%@ Register Assembly="RadMenu.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="rad" %>
<link href="../Images/ContainerStyle/Style.css" rel="stylesheet"  type="text/css" media="all" />

<table width="99%"  border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5px" cellspacing="0"  style="background-image:url(../Images/ContainerStyle/Images/bg-menu-main.gif); height:22px">
             
        <tr>
        <td >
                            
                             <rad:RadMenu id="RadMenu1" runat="server" EnableTheming="True" SkinsPath="~/Images/"  RadControlsDir="/Images/" Skin="ContainerStyle" Width="940px" EnableScreenBoundaryDetection="false" OnItemClick="RadMenu1_ItemClick"  EnableAutoScroll="false" ClickToOpen="true">
                             <DefaultGroupSettings Flow ="Horizontal" /> 
                             <ExpandAnimation Type="None"/>
                             <CollapseAnimation Type="None" />
                             </rad:RadMenu >
                            
                            </td>
                           
                            </tr>
                            <tr ><td class="menu-sub">
                                &nbsp</td>
                            </tr>
  
      </table>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------On the StyleSheet "../Images/ContainerStyle/Style.css", i have the below entries
======================================================/* RadMenu ContainerStyle skin */

    /* This can be used for setting the Height of the Menu and fore color of the Menu Text.   */
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .link
 {
  text-decoration:none;
  color:White;   
  line-height: 100%; 
  width:100%;
  display:block;
      
 }
    
   
     /* This can be used for Setting the Text Right Padding,Font Size and Background image the Menu  */
 
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .link .text
 {
  HEIGHT:22px;
  font:bold 13px 'trebuchet ms', arial, verdana, sans-serif;
  PADDING-RIGHT:9px;
  DISPLAY: block; 
  PADDING-LEFT: 9px;
  FLOAT:left; 
  PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;
  MARGIN:0px;
  PADDING-TOP:0px;
  color:White;
  
 }

    /* This can be used for Setting onMouse over Style of the Menu. Here on mouse over border-top,
       border-left,border-right,background image and fore color can be Set.
    */
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .link:hover .text,
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .focused .text,
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .expanded .text
 {
  border-top: 1px  #cccdc4;
  background-image:none;
  color:#000;
  border-bottom-color:White; 
  background-color:White; /*This change is made due to Div is placed*/
  text-align:center; 
  DISPLAY: block; 
  PADDING-RIGHT:9px;
  PADDING-LEFT: 9px;
  PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;
  PADDING-TOP:0px;
  MARGIN:0px;
  FLOAT:left; 
  cursor:pointer;    /* On Mouse Over cursor style should be pointer. */
  
  
 }

/* SubMenu Sliding Base */
.menu-sub 
{

BACKGROUND: #fff;
PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px;
FONT: 11px 'trebuchet ms', arial, verdana, sans-serif;
PADDING-TOP: 5px;BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccdc4 2px solid;
TEXT-ALIGN: center;
}

     /* This can be used for Setting  Style of the SubMenu. Here  border-top,
       border-left,border-right,background image,font,padding and fore color can be Set.
    */
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .group .text
 
 {
  border-right: #CCCCCC 1px solid;
  /*PADDING-RIGHT: 10px;
  PADDING-LEFT: 10px; BACKGROUND: #fff;*/
  PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px;
  FONT: 11px 'trebuchet ms', arial, verdana, sans-serif;
  PADDING-TOP: 4px;
  PADDING-RIGHT: 9px;
     PADDING-LEFT: 8.5px; 
  TEXT-ALIGN: center;
  color:#0080ff;
  height:15px;
  /*To be change*/
  }
 
   /* This can be used for Setting onMouse over Style of the SubMenu. Here on mouse over border-top,
         border-left,border-right,background color  and fore color can be Set.
      */
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .group .link:hover .text,
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .group .focused .text,
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .group .expanded .text
  {
  /*border-right: #CCCCCC 1px solid;*/
  background-color:#0080ff;
  /*background-color:#FF6600;*/
  color:#fff; 
  PADDING-RIGHT: 9px;
     PADDING-LEFT: 8.5px; 
     padding-top:4px;
     padding-bottom:5px;
     height:15px;
      
  }

    .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .group .link:hover,
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .group .focused,
 .RadMenu_ContainerStyle .group .expanded
  {  
  border:none;
  overflow:hidden;
  
  }

.RadMenu_ContainerStyle .horizontal .item { border-right: 0px solid #353535; }
.RadMenu_ContainerStyle .horizontal .last { border-right: 0; }
 

 /*   RadMenuStyle Ends Here  */

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i am changing the above code into "Prometheus"

On the ASPX Page, i have the below entries
==========================================
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<link href="../Skins/Default/Menu.Default.css" rel="stylesheet"  type="text/css" media="all"  />

<table width="99%"  border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5px" cellspacing="0"  style="background-image:url(../Images/ContainerStyle/Images/bg-menu-main.gif); height:22px">
             
        <tr>
        <td >
            <telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" runat="server" EnableScreenBoundaryDetection="false"             
            OnItemClick="RadMenu1_ItemClick" EnableAutoScroll="false" ClickToOpen="true" 
            ExpandAnimation-Type="none" CollapseAnimation-Type="none" DefaultGroupSettings-Flow="horizontal"
            EnableTheming="True" Width="940px"  skin="Default" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"            
            />
        </td>
        </tr>
        <tr><td class="sub-menu">&nbsp;</td></tr>
      </table>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the StyleSheet "../Skins/Default/Menu.Default.css", i changed the previous entries with "control-specific prefix ("rm") and the capitalization of the first letter of the "Classic" class names afterwards".
=================================================================================
/* RadMenu Default skin */

    /* This can be used for setting the Height of the Menu and fore color of the Menu Text.   */
 .RadMenu_Default .rmLink
 {
  text-decoration:none;
  color:White;   
  line-height: 100%; 
  width:100%;
  display:block;
      
 }
    
   
     /* This can be used for Setting the Text Right Padding,Font Size and Background image the Menu  */
 
 .RadMenu_Default .rmLink .text
 {
  HEIGHT:22px;
  font:bold 13px 'trebuchet ms', arial, verdana, sans-serif;
  PADDING-RIGHT:9px;
  DISPLAY: block; 
  PADDING-LEFT: 9px;
  FLOAT:left; 
  PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;
  MARGIN:0px;
  PADDING-TOP:0px;
  color:White;
  
 }

    /* This can be used for Setting onMouse over Style of the Menu. Here on mouse over border-top,
       border-left,border-right,background image and fore color can be Set.
    */
 .RadMenu_Default .rmLink:hover .text,
 .RadMenu_Default .rmFocused .text,
 .RadMenu_Default .rmExpanded .text
 {
  border-top: 1px  #cccdc4;
  background-image:none;
  color:#000;
  border-bottom-color:White; 
  background-color:White; /*This change is made due to Div is placed*/
  text-align:center; 
  DISPLAY: block; 
  PADDING-RIGHT:9px;
  PADDING-LEFT: 9px;
  PADDING-BOTTOM:0px;
  PADDING-TOP:0px;
  MARGIN:0px;
  FLOAT:left; 
  cursor:pointer;    /* On Mouse Over cursor style should be pointer. */
  
  
 }

/* SubMenu Sliding Base */
.menu-sub 
{

BACKGROUND: #fff;
PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px;
FONT: 11px 'trebuchet ms', arial, verdana, sans-serif;
PADDING-TOP: 5px;BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccdc4 2px solid;
TEXT-ALIGN: center;
}

     /* This can be used for Setting  Style of the SubMenu. Here  border-top,
       border-left,border-right,background image,font,padding and fore color can be Set.
    */
 .RadMenu_Default .rmGroup .text
 
 {
  border-right: #CCCCCC 1px solid;
  /*PADDING-RIGHT: 10px;
  PADDING-LEFT: 10px; BACKGROUND: #fff;*/
  PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px;
  FONT: 11px 'trebuchet ms', arial, verdana, sans-serif;
  PADDING-TOP: 4px;
  PADDING-RIGHT: 9px;
     PADDING-LEFT: 8.5px; 
  TEXT-ALIGN: center;
  color:#0080ff;
  height:15px;
  /*To be change*/
  }
 
   /* This can be used for Setting onMouse over Style of the SubMenu. Here on mouse over border-top,
         border-left,border-right,background color  and fore color can be Set.
      */
 .RadMenu_Default .rmGroup .rmLink:hover .text,
 .RadMenu_Default .rmGroup .rmFocused .text,
 .RadMenu_Default .rmGroup .rmExpanded .text
  {
  /*border-right: #CCCCCC 1px solid;*/
  background-color:#0080ff;
  /*background-color:#FF6600;*/
  color:#fff; 
  PADDING-RIGHT: 9px;
     PADDING-LEFT: 8.5px; 
     padding-top:4px;
     padding-bottom:5px;
     height:15px;
      
  }

    .RadMenu_Default .rmGroup .rmLink:hover,
 .RadMenu_Default .rmGroup .rmFocused,
 .RadMenu_Default .rmGroup .rmExpanded
  {  
  border:none;
  overflow:hidden;
  
  }

    
   
 
.RadMenu_Default .rmHorizontal .rmItem { border-right: 0px solid #353535; }
.RadMenu_Default .rmHorizontal .rmLast { border-right: 0; }
 

 /*   RadMenuStyle Ends Here  */
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now when i try to execute the code, it doesn't work properly.  What am i doing wrong? Pls. help.

Rajagopalan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Mar 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?