VS2008 DatePicker Design Surface Corruption

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jason Clark
    Jason Clark avatar
    4 posts

Posted 14 Mar 2008 Link to this post

I'm using Visual Studio 2008, developing a 3.5 application, and when I add the raddatepicker control to the design surface, it totally corrupts the entire design area, to the point that I can't see/do anything with it, unless I comment it it out.  Once it's commented out, the page appears fine in the designer.

Strangely, once I reenable and build the page it's on, it appears fine on the web page, but it makes the design surface unusable.

I'm using the most recent release of Prometheus (2007.3.1425.35) and this didn't seem to happen with the last build.  Any suggestions would be very helpful at this point.  Love the controls, they've revolutionized how we doing things, but this is slightly annoying. :)
  2. Jason Clark
    Jason Clark avatar
    4 posts

Posted 14 Mar 2008 Link to this post

Let me add a little additional information.  If I constrain the width of the container panel the datepicker sits in, it behaves better, but still tries to stretch beyond the width of the containing div.

Note that this div is inside a multipage control, if it matters.
  3. Plamen Peshev
    Admin
    Plamen Peshev avatar
    885 posts

Posted 18 Mar 2008 Link to this post

Hello Jason,

This is a known problem which appears only under Visual Studio 2008. The issue is logged in our bug tracking system and we will do our best to fix it for Q1 release of RadControls "Prometheus" 2008.

Best wishes,
    Plamen
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center