Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
139 views
I want to put my Add new Record button in the footer for the grid.
Can I do that?

newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
3 answers
202 views
I have copied the Default skin and made one change.  However, when I run the page I get an error about an invalid webresource.

I have declared the skin and set the following: Skin="DWDS" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false"

I have the stylesheet linked.  The splitter looks correct, it just has the webresource error.  I have decoded the webresource and it says that the error is here:

pTelerik.Web.UI|Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.DWDS.Splitter.space.gif

That image exists in the folder.  What I don't understand is if I set the skin="Default" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" it works without the error.  I have even changed the Default stylesheet to match my custom one.  It works just like my custom one but without the webresource error.




Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
137 views
Hi,

We are writing an application wich is going to be multi-language.
Currently, there are 3 languages for Promotheus RadEditor, but not the dutch language (at least, I didn't found it yet)...

I was wondering if there's anyone who maybe made this language yet? Or do we have to make it ourselfs??

Thanks,

Floris
George
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
105 views

In Vista skin, on mouse hover, the drop down displays in blueish color. I wanted to change that shading with my own color/image. I tried changing the leftInputCell and rightInputCell classes with weird results. Is there any way I can change the color/shading of ComboBox when mouse hovers over it.


Thanks,
Piyush
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
183 views

Can I use more than one column as a DataKeyField( like how we can use more than one column as a DataKeyNames  for the gridview)?

 I need to show each appointment in a different color based on the appointment status. This appoint status is one of the column in the datatable.
I am thinking to change the background color of the appointment from the RadScheduler1_AppointmentDataBound event based on the staus using CSS.

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
118 views
It is possible to hook up the UpdatePanelAnimation with RadAjaxManager Prometheus?  On a tree node click, I want to update a panel with the tree node info.  If I have the UpdatePanelAnimation extender on my page, what do I set the TargetControlID to?  I am assuming that RadAjaxManager creates UpdatePanels dynamically when needed.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
137 views
I have just replaced the none prometheus version of panel bar for the new one and cant seem to find away to get the panelbar to resize when the treeview inside it expands or collapse, it worked perfectly in the older version but not in this one. Has anyone come across this, and is there away to correct it.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
2 answers
97 views
A client of us is using the trial version of the Telerik editor in MOSS. I personally think it's a great tool, but they want to test it before buying it. They asked me the following question: "What happens when we enter content now and we de-install the RAD Editor from MOSS, is the originally content still in place?"

I think the answer is YES, I tried de-activating the RAD Editor feature via the site settings and the content was still in place. But I want to make sure...

Anyone?

Thanks, Maarten
Maarten
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
5 answers
163 views
when u type in "ddddddddddd" and hit submit both calendars error out.  Only the one where u typed in "dddddddddddd" should error out.

<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
</asp:ScriptManager>
<div>
<script type="text/javascript">
var invalidInput = false;
function OnDateSelected(sender, args)
{
invalidInput = false;
}

function OnError(sender, args)
{
invalidInput = true;
}

function CustomValidate(sender, args)
{
if (invalidInput)
args.IsValid = false;
}        
</script>


<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" ControlToValidate="RadDatePicker1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1" runat="server" ClientValidationFunction="CustomValidate"
ErrorMessage="Date must be valid (mm/dd/yyy)" />
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker1" Runat="server">
<ClientEvents OnDateSelected="OnDateSelected" />
<DateInput ID="DateInput1" runat="server" CausesValidation="true" ClientEvents-OnError="OnError"></DateInput>
</telerik:RadDatePicker>
<br />

<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator2" runat="server" ClientValidationFunction="CustomValidate"
ErrorMessage="Date must be valid (mm/dd/yyy)" />
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker2" Runat="server">
<ClientEvents OnDateSelected="OnDateSelected" />
<DateInput ID="DateInput2" runat="server" CausesValidation="true" ClientEvents-OnError="OnError"></DateInput>
</telerik:RadDatePicker>


<asp:ValidationSummary ID="ValidationSummary1" runat="server" ShowMessageBox="true" ShowSummary="false" />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" CausesValidation="true" />
</div>
</form>
</body>
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
2 answers
186 views
I am loading four RadComboBoxes with months and years with a simple example I found on your website.  They render just fine in the browser with all the months and years but I cannot read the selected item value from the code-behind.  I load the RadComboBoxes here:

{     
            int startYear = 2003;     
            DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi = new DateTimeFormatInfo();     
            RadComboBoxItem riMs = new RadComboBoxItem();     
            riMs.Text = "Month";     
            riMs.Value = "Month";     
            RadComboBoxItem riMe = new RadComboBoxItem();     
            riMe.Text = "Month";     
            riMe.Value = "Month";     
            RadStartMonth.Items.Add(riMs);     
            RadEndMonth.Items.Add(riMe);     
            for (int month = 1; month < 13; month++)     
            {     
                RadComboBoxItem ris = new RadComboBoxItem();     
                ris.Text = dtfi.GetMonthName(month);     
                ris.Value = dtfi.GetMonthName(month);     
                RadStartMonth.Items.Add(ris);     
                RadComboBoxItem rie = new RadComboBoxItem();     
                rie.Text = dtfi.GetMonthName(month);     
                rie.Value = dtfi.GetMonthName(month);     
                RadEndMonth.Items.Add(rie);     
            }     
            RadComboBoxItem riYs = new RadComboBoxItem();     
            riYs.Text = "Year";     
            riYs.Value = "Year";     
            RadStartYear.Items.Add(riYs);     
            RadComboBoxItem riYe = new RadComboBoxItem();     
            riYe.Text = "Year";     
            riYe.Value = "Year";     
            RadEndYear.Items.Add(riYe);     
            for (int year = startYear; year <= DateTime.Now.Year + 1; year++)     
            {     
                RadComboBoxItem riYYs = new RadComboBoxItem();     
                riYYs.Text = year.ToString();     
                riYYs.Value = year.ToString();     
                RadStartYear.Items.Add(riYYs);     
                RadComboBoxItem riYYe = new RadComboBoxItem();     
                riYYe.Text = year.ToString();     
                riYYe.Value = year.ToString();     
                RadEndYear.Items.Add(riYYe);     
            }     
        }     
 

When the RadComboBox item is selected by the user and clicks the submit button ALL references to RadStartYear.Text, RadStartYear.SelectedValue, etc. are null. 

What am I doing wrong here?  Am I missing something?

Please do not ask me to send a sample project.  My project is very large and I have sent it to you before and you could not work with it.  I have read all your documentation and examples and do not see what I am missing.

Please just kindly answer my above question.

Thanks much,
Ken


Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?