Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
149 views
To improve performance on our web site, we only add RADTooltip instances to our control hierarchy (ASP.NET) when a user is logged in. We do have RADEditor instances but these have "Enabled" set to false.

This works great - no Telerik script files are downloaded until we need them.

Unfortunately, when a postback occurs, a "scriptStartupBlock" is being emitted and causing a JavaScript error, since none of the Telerik client libraries have been downloaded. Here is the script:

if (!$telerik.isSafari)
{
 var links = document.body.getElementsByTagName('link');
 if (links && links.length>0)
 {
  var documentHead = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
  if (documentHead)
  {
   for (var i=links.length-1;i>=0;i--)
   {
    var linkTag = links[i];
    if (linkTag.title == 'Telerik stylesheet')
    {
     if ($telerik.isIE)
     {
      linkTag = linkTag.cloneNode(true);
     }
     documentHead.appendChild(linkTag);
    }
   }
  }
 }
}
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
1 answer
141 views
Is it possible to get the Grid to display filters like how SharePoint's document library does? Where if you click the little arrow it'll give you a selection list of all the items listed in that column, you select it and it'll filter everything but that item.

I thought I saw an example with this, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Brett
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
3 answers
143 views
Is there any client side event fired right before OnItemCommand event that has griddataitem or tableview argument ?

The reason i need this is that i would like to check if user selected any rows and if not i would like to fire up an dialog notifying user to select at least one row.

Currently im doing this on the server side on OnItemCommand event, if there's no rows selected i register startup script that shows the dialog, but i dont like it :)

Thx
Gregor Jaksa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
2 answers
103 views
When I follow the load on-demand example in the QSF, I get a popup error that says:  "the server method 'GetProjects' failed."

Has anybody else encountered a similar problem?
tparks69
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
0 answers
134 views
I've implemented the drag and drop I found on your site from a grid to a tree but now I would like to drag more than one line at a time to the target node.

this is the sample I used though I had to convert it to the previous version
http://www.telerik.com/community/code-library/submission/b311D-bcadme.aspx
DENIS LABERGE
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Apr 2008
0 answers
131 views
I want to extract the values of the selected row when the delete command is fired.
I am using automatic insert/update/delete using stored procedures.

I want to do something like this - this is what I am doing in my update command.

protected

void RadGrid1_UpdateCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)

{

Hashtable newValues = new Hashtable();

e.Item.OwnerTableView.ExtractValuesFromItem(newValues, (

GridEditableItem)e.Item);

UpdateTable(tableName, (

string)((GridEditableItem)e.Item).SavedOldValues["Product"], (string)((GridEditableItem)e.Item).SavedOldValues["Description"], (string)newValues["Product"], (string)newValues["Description"]);

RadGrid1.Rebind();

}




newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Apr 2008
3 answers
147 views
I have tried everything to get my images to appear in the imageviewer dialog.
It just opens without any files or folders showing.
I have tried every combination for viewpaths.

My structure is simple

App_data
App_GlobalResources
Admin
Bin
Images

My editor is in
Admin\default.aspx

My viewpaths is ~\Images

Nothing shows up - driving me mad!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
4 answers
235 views
I want a "read only" version of the calendar, but I'd like the users to be able to double-click on appointments to view their detail. If I set "AllowEdit" to false, the OnAppointmentClick event doesn't fire. If I enable it, the users can do things like drag and drop the appointments (which I definitely don't want). Any thoughts on how I can do this?
Martin de Ruiter
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
4 answers
127 views
I'm running in to some style issues and I have a tough time thinking I'm alone.

Using the built in skins is a great advantage (from an ease of use standpoint) but sometimes it feels like the skins go too far.  For example - when using most skins (at least the ones I use most often) I can't seem to set the Horizontal Alignment of the headers.  This means I can't center the header over a column (even though I can center the column data just fine.)

In addition - it would be nice to have some control over other items (like Grid Lines - which seem to be always on or always off depending on the skin) but those seem more like "nice to haves" while not being able to center header text feels more like a bug.

Am I missing something?  Anyone have a solution for this? Or is this something that could be done in a future release?

Thanks!
Bill  
Bill O'Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
1 answer
146 views
Hi,

I want to use my own page to create an appointment or to update an appointment when double clicked on the scheduler. I just don't need the edit form to create/edit the appointments. It should take me to a new page when double clicked on the existing appointment or new.Is there a way to do this?

-Sree.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?