Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
154 views
Hi Telerik,

I have added the following style in the RadEditor.css

"
.red{
color:red;
}

.red_with_pic{
color="red";
background-image:url(b.jpg);
height:88px;width:107px;
text-align:center;
}
"

In edit mode the styles are successfully listed in the drop down menu.
I can mark some text and assign the style ".red_with_pic"
The marked text is now displayed with a picture behind itself.

Problem: if I try to clear the style from this text with the "Clear Style"-Function from drop down menu, nothing happens!
My workaround is to assign the other style ".red" first and clear the "red" style from the marked text afterwards.


some questions:
    - Do you know this bug and when will you fix it?
    - I want to use some Images of the MOSS-lists in some styles. What is the best way to use these Images?
    - Just using the static url "http://server/WikiList/Images/XZZ.jpg" or is there a better way?

kind regards,
Andreas
George
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
0 answers
90 views
Sorry, wrong forum...
Morten
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Apr 2008
1 answer
153 views
Hi!

I am trying to make custom skin work in FUTURE build. I can't make it work.
Is this supposed to work in this version?

Thanks
/Mats
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
1 answer
224 views
Hello,

1. DecorationZoneID allows to select a single zone to decorate.
What should I do when I'd like to decorate multiple zones? Declare several form decorators?

It would be nice to be able to define several zones (DecorationZoneID="element1,element2,element3").

2. If the element defined by DecorationZoneID doesn't exist currently on the page, RadFormDecorator will decorate all the page.
I think it shouldn't be the case since the element could be created via an Ajax request.
The page should be decorated if only DecorationZoneID is left empty.

BR, Laurent
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
2 answers
135 views
Hi!

I have a RadGrid with a custom skin. The css file is registered and the ImagePath is defined. All is working fine when only MasterTable is defined.
As soon as I add a DetailTable in design then I will get an error when grid is rendered both in design and runtime:

Telerik.Web.UI.GridPagerStyle.get_PrevPageImageUrl() +140
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridPagerStyle.CopyFrom(Style s) +1657
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CloneThis() +475
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.Clone() +44
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemBuilder.CreateDetailTable(GridDataItem parentItem, GridNestedViewItem detailItem, Int32 detailCounter, GridTableView detailTable) +57
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemBuilder.BindDetailTables(GridDataItem parentItem, GridNestedViewItem detailItem) +156
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemBuilder.CreateItems(GridGroupingContext group) +1660
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateItems(IEnumerator enumerator, GridColumn[] columns, ControlCollection controls) +169
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +1195
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) +638
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +59
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +111
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +29
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() +42
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() +461
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.DataBind() +185
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.AutoDataBind(GridRebindReason rebindReason) +288
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +208
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Does anyone know the reason / solution for this?

Thanks
/Mats
Mats
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
4 answers
659 views
Hi,

I am using RadCombobox control from promethues. How do I set the maximum height of the combobox so that it would display the scrollbar when it exceeds the maximum height and adjust the height if there are only very fiew items such as one or two.

Thanks
Sub
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
1 answer
191 views
How can I disable the row color change in a RadGrid on mouseover.  I'm using a Prometheus grid so the skin file is in a resource file and not easily editable.  There should be a grid property to disable this effect!
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
1 answer
193 views
Hi,
I've just moved old Rad components to 'new' Prometheus, mostly just Grid and Ajax. I have trouble even compiling it (the weird 'external component has thrown an exception'). This is an old and working project for some time.
It's a complex scenario sort of, see below in the code - I'm wrapping the grid/Telerik into my own user-control, which exposes it as a 'sub-control' - that worked before w/o problems, now that seems to be the culprit for all the problems.
Here is the code if it helps...

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<%@ Register tagprefix="ctl" namespace="NetSurround.Controls" %>
<%@ Register tagprefix="ctl" tagname="ClientAjaxGrid" src="~/UserControls/Auto Generated/ClientAjaxGrid.ascx" %>

                    <ctl:ClientAjaxGrid id="_clients" runat="server" >
                    <Grid
                    ShowHeader="true"
                    ShowFooter="false"
                    AllowSorting="True"
                    AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                    GridLines="Both"
                    AllowPaging="false"
                    Skin="none"
                    >
                        <SelectedItemStyle CssClass="tableRowClick" />
                        <HeaderStyle CssClass="tamnije" />
                        <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                            CellPadding="0"
                            CellSpacing="0"
                            GridLines="Both"
                            PageSize="10"
                            Width="710px"
                            CssClass="tdefault sortable scrolltable"
                            >
                            <Columns>
                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn Visible="true" HeaderText="" UniqueName="Photo" HeaderStyle-Width="100px">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <a href="<%# ImageUtils.I.GetImg(Container.DataItem as IClientTable).UrlBig%>" rel="lightbox" onclick="<%# WebApp.I.ImageOnClick%>" >
                                        <asp:Image ID="_birdImage" runat="server" Width="100%" ImageUrl='<%# ImageUtils.I.GetImg(Container.DataItem as IClientTable).UrlThumb %>'
                                            AlternateText="No preview available" />
                                        </a>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                    <%--<ItemStyle CssClass="tnopadding" />--%>
                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn Visible="false" DataField="ClientID" HeaderText="ClientID" SortExpression="ClientID"
                                    UniqueName="ClientID" HeaderStyle-Width="135px" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Email" HeaderText="Email" SortExpression="Email"
                                    UniqueName="Email" HeaderStyle-Width="233px" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                
                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Subscription" UniqueName="Subscription" HeaderStyle-Width="233px" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <a href="mailto:<%# (Container.DataItem as IClientTable).Email %>" >
                                        <%# (Container.DataItem as IClientTable).Email %>
                                        </a>
                                        <br />
                                        <%# SubscriptionBlock(Container.DataItem as IClientTable)%>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ESTDate" HeaderText="Date" SortExpression="DateCreated"
                                    UniqueName="ESTDate" HeaderStyle-Width="115px" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            </Columns>
                        </MasterTableView>
                        <ClientSettings ApplyStylesOnClient="true" >
                            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" EnableDragToSelectRows="true" />
                            <ClientEvents OnRowMouseOver="PairRowMouseOver" OnRowMouseOut="PairRowMouseOut" OnGridCreated="GetPairGrid" OnRowSelected="PairRowSelected" OnRowDeselected="PairRowDeSelected"/>
                        </ClientSettings>
                        <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" NextPageText="Next" PrevPageText="Prev" />
                    </Grid>
                    </ctl:ClientAjaxGrid>

                    <br class="clear-l" />

<telerik:RadAjaxmanager ID="_ajaxManager" runat="server">
<AjaxSettings>
</AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxmanager>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="AjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0" CssClass="panelload">
    <div class="centering">
        <ctl:MyImage CssClass="imgload" ID="MyImage3" BorderWidth="0px" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/RadControls/AJAX/Skins/Default/loading.gif" />
    </div>
</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="_loadingPanelBack" runat="server" Transparency="30" BackColor="#E0E0E0" />


Thanks,
Dragan
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
1 answer
108 views
After changing my suite for the beta Q1 2008 release my dynamic menu stop functionning.

All the menu and sub menu are create in the server side at form load  for exemple this multi language menu :
            If Left(System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.Name, 2).ToLower = "fr" Then  
                MenuItem.ImageUrl = "Images/Menu/Compte.gif" 
                MenuItem.HoveredImageUrl = "Images/Menu/Compte_over.gif" 
                MenuItem.ClickedImageUrl = "Images/Menu/Compte_sel.gif" 
                MenuItem.Value = "MonCompte" 
                MenuItem.Width = 110 
            Else  
                MenuItem.ImageUrl = "Images/Menu/Account.gif" 
                MenuItem.HoveredImageUrl = "Images/Menu/Account_over.gif" 
                MenuItem.ClickedImageUrl = "Images/Menu/Account_sel.gif" 
                MenuItem.Value = "MonCompte" 
                MenuItem.Width = 110 
            End If 

I set the value properties to "MonCompte" and in the client side function OnClientItemClickedHandler I read it and open a rad windows. THe point is after installing the Beta Q1 the value in the client side are always returned "undefined"

Here my client code:
            function OnClientItemClickedHandler(sender, eventArgs)  
            {  
                if(eventArgs._item._value == "Connecter")  
                {  
                    var oWindow = radopen (null, "SeConnecter");  
                }     
                  
                if(eventArgs._item._value == "Deconnecter")  
                {  
                    Sys.Services.AuthenticationService.set_defaultLogoutCompletedCallback(OnLogoutCompleted);  
                    Sys.Services.AuthenticationService.set_defaultFailedCallback(OnFailed);  
                    Sys.Services.AuthenticationService.logout(null, null, null, null);   
                }  
                if(eventArgs._item._value == "MonCompte")  
                {  
                    var oWindow2 = radopen (null, "MonCompte");  
                }  
                  
                if(eventArgs._item._value == "ChangePassword")  
                {  
                    var oWindow3 = radopen (null, "ChangePassword");  
                }                                                                                        
                if(eventArgs._item._value == "CreeCompte")  
                {  
                    var oWindow4 = radopen (null, "CreeCompte");  
                }                              
            } 

any suggestion?
Thanks
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
5 answers
275 views
Hi,

It seems that the EnableEmbeddedSkins property doesn't work, I have set it to false, defined the skin property as "Office2007" (a skin which I copied from the installation folder and modified) and added the css file to the head tag. But nothing changes. What can I do about this?

Furthermore, I think the current combobox documentation is not good at this moment, quite some errors, it seems to be released without it being ready:
1. No information about the namespace changes when migrating (like the grid documentation)
2. An empty "What's new" page
3. The item "Overview of Telerik RadComboBox structure and appearance" is outdated (e.g. the combobox apearance stuff)
4. Screen boundaries detection information is minimal, doesn't look professional
5. Overlay information is minimal, an example would be nice in the documentation itself
6. Animation documentation is empty

Overall, I think the documentation is currently quite minimal, I hope it improves. Some other minor problems:
- When using keys to select items in the combobox, the first time you hit the down button, it doesn't select the next item. After that it does
- It's still not possible to select multiple items (e.g. with checkboxes), which I hoped was to be included finally in this release
- I thought that because of the semantic rendering mechanism it was not needed to define dropdownwidth anymore, but I don't see anything about this in documentation? How does it work?

Well, this turned out to be a longer post than I planned :-) I hope this information helps, as the combobox needs some work still.

Kind regards,

Martin de Ruiter
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?