Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
173 views
I have a simple single level grid that has grouping in it. I don't want to let the user collapse these groups. What is the simplest way to accomplish this? I have seen many examples of nested grids but these don't apply to me. Is there an easy way to find the image and turn it off? I am using GroupLoadMode="Client"

Thanks.
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
5 answers
247 views
I have this problem using the RadComboBox. The DropDown List appears in the wrong location. No matter what skin I use. If I use the scroll bars the position is more drastic. Also what is wild is that I get the following error: "Element 'RadComboBox' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the web site." However the site compiles fine, and renders correctly. Also intellisense doesnt work for this control unless I move it up at the same level as the RadAjaxPanel.

Thank you,


Below is a sample:

<rad:RadAjaxPanel ID="radAjaxPanelClassDetails" runat="server" Width="100%" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1">

<table id="tblContribDetails" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" align="center">

<tr class="Header">

<th align="left">

Classification Details

</th>

</tr>

<tr class="subheader">

<td align="center">

<table id="Table1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="95%" border="0">

<tr>

<td style="width: 130px">

&nbsp;</td>

<td style="width: 195px">

</td>

<td style="width: 13px">

</td>

<td style="width: 110px">

</td>

<td style="width: 252px">

</td>

<td>

</td>

<td>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="height: 60px" >

Classification:

</td>

<td style="height: 60px">

<rad:RadComboBox ID="ddnClass" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"

DataTextField="ClassCDDescription" DataValueField="ClassificationCD"

Skin="Vista" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="240px" OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddnClass_SelectedIndexChanged">

<collapseanimation duration="200" type="OutQuint"></collapseanimation>

<expandanimation type="OutQuart"></expandanimation>

</rad:RadComboBox>

</td>

<td valign="middle" style="height: 60px">

</td>

<td valign="middle" style="height: 60px">

Waiting Period:

</td>

<td valign="middle" style="height: 60px">

<asp:Label ID="lblWaitingPeriod" runat="server"></asp:Label></td>

<td valign="middle" style="height: 60px">

</td>

<td valign="middle" style="height: 60px">

</td>

</tr>


Maxim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
4 answers
150 views
I'm trying to disable access to the 'more' link on the inline editor to prevent users from accessing the advanced editor.

So far, I've tried the following with no success:

      .disableEditMore .rsEditOptions a.rsAptEditMore
    {
        left: -4000px;
        visibility: hidden;
    }


Then, in my RadScheduler1_AppointmentDataBound event, I do:

e.Appointment.CssClass = "disableEditMore"

but when I double click on the appointment, I can still see the 'more' option presented.  Am I on the right track?  Is it possible to hide or disable this?
Joseph
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Apr 2008
4 answers
259 views
Is it possible to adjust the width of the columns in the Prometheus Grid control?

Currently it seems to default to a fixed width and I'm not sure of the best way to increase or decrease this width as I would like?

Steele
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Apr 2008
3 answers
672 views

In my development, I've run into situations whenin certain panes are collapsed and their containing splitters/panes get resized. When these panes get expanded again, their contents remain the same size as before they had been collapsed even though the pane itself has grown in size.

For a clearer explanation of the issue, I've whipped up a little example using three levels of nested panes/splitters. If someone could take a look at it and let me know if there's some way I can prevent this from happening, I'd appreciate it.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadTabStrip.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="rad" %> 
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %> 
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
    <script type="text/javascript">  
        function toggle(pane){  
            pane = $find(pane);  
            if (!pane) return;  
              
            if (pane.get_Collapsed()){  
                pane.expand(Telerik.Web.UI.SplitterDirection.Forward);  
            } else {  
                pane.collapse(Telerik.Web.UI.SplitterDirection.Forward);  
            }  
        }  
    </script> 
</head> 
<body scroll="no">  
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    <div> 
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">  
        </asp:ScriptManager> 
          
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="LeftRightSplitter" runat="server" FullScreenMode="true" Orientation="Vertical">  
              
              
            <telerik:RadPane ID="Left" runat="server" Scrolling="None">  
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="TopBottomSplitter" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal">  
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="Top" runat="server" BackColor="Red" Scrolling="None">  
                      
                        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="InnerSplitter" ResizeWithParentPane="true" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" Orientation="Horizontal">  
                            <telerik:RadPane ID="InnerPane" runat="server"  BackColor="Silver">  
                            </telerik:RadPane>     
                        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                          
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="TopBottomSplitBar" runat="server" /> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="Bottom" runat="server" BackColor="Gold" Scrolling="None">  
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                </telerik:RadSplitter> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="LeftRightSplitBar" runat="server" /> 
              
              
              
            <telerik:RadPane ID="Right" runat="server" Scrolling="None">  
                  
                This page is split (using a RadSplitter/SplitBar) into two halves verticaly (Pane IDs: "Left" & "Right"). <br /> 
                The left half of the page is split again into two halves horizontaly (Pane IDs: "Top" & "Bottom"). The pane "Top" is colored <span style="color:red;">Red</span> and the pane "Bottom" is colored <span style="color:gold;">Gold</span>. <br /> 
                The upper-left pane ("Top") contains a RadSplitter (width/height 100%), which contains one pane (Pane ID: "InnerPane"), colored <span style="color:silver;">Silver</span>.<br /> 
                <br /> 
                  
                <b>Repro Steps:</b> 
                <ol> 
                <li>Collapse the Upper-Left pane by clicking <a style="color:blue; cursor:pointer;" onclick="toggle('Top');">Here</a></li>  
                <li>Drag the vertical splitter to the right (increase the size of the left panes)</li> 
                <li>Expand the Upper-Left pane by clicking <a style="color:blue; cursor:pointer;" onclick="toggle('Top');">Here</a>.</li> 
                </ol> 
                <br /> 
                <b>Expected Result:</b><br /> 
                The splitter/pane contained inside the upper-left pane (ID: "Top") should resize along with the upper left pane itself. Only the Silver pane should be visible.  
                <br /> 
                <br /> 
                <b>Actual Result:</b><br /> 
                The inner splitter/pane remain the same size as when its containing panel was collapsed, while its containing panel adjusts to the new size (shown by the visibility of the red pane). Resizing the horizontal splitter has no effect, while resizing the vertical splitter fixes the issue.  
                  
            </telerik:RadPane> 
              
              
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2008
0 answers
121 views
Hi,

I want to see if I can combine the use of PanelBar and TabStrip.
The way I want to implement is to have PanelBar with multiple Items.
Each PanelBar header would contain a Title and TabStrip inside the Header.  While user clicks on the TabStrip from the header, PanelBar Template would show the RadMultiPage and RadPageView according to the TabStrip clicks.  Is this possible?

Chris
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Apr 2008
1 answer
217 views
I'm using the ComboBox in Load On Demand mode.  I want to disable the ability for people to type in the combobox, to use it more like a standard drop down.  I've tried using Javascript, and I've tried using OnClientKeyPressing to no avail.  Can anyone tell me how I can do this?

Thanks,
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2008
6 answers
110 views
Hi Tellerik

We have just bought 4 licences for RadControls Q2 2007 for ASP.NET because we needed the MOSS editor and wanted to use rest of the controls in other projects.

But we are not able to located the WSP file for the Full Featured Editor in our downloads. 

How can we get the WSP file ?

Regards
Christian  
Arthur
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Apr 2008
1 answer
67 views
When using firefox, when you choose the paragraph pull down, after choosing Heading1 it then shows "h1" in the pull down box instead of "Heading 1".  On IE this issue does not exist. When you select text and choose "Normal" it will then in firefox display "p".  This issue can be reproduced on the prometheus demo site.  Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thank you.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2008
1 answer
136 views
I have a radgrid that is a master detail.  In the detail table, I have a column with a radcombobox.  The datasource returns a query that has a value and display column and the value coming from the db is type numeric.  Thus far in .net, when referencing these values I reference them as decimal.  For this combobox, I set the type to be System.decimal but it is always showing the empty list item text and is uneditable.  Below is the snippet from the help file and my combobox.

Ensure that the fields specified through the DataField/ListValueField properties are of the same data type and the entries have a precise match, otherwise you will get merely the first item from the list displayed in non-editable mode. This can also happen if you have not configured properly the GridDropDownColumn, e.g. the relations between the fields specified through the DataField/ListValueField properties.
 
    <telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataSourceID="dsGetEmailAddressType" 
        DataField="emailAddressTypeSeq" 
        ListTextField="typeAcronym" ListValueField="emailAddressTypeSeq"
        CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" 
        FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" 
        ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Type"
        UniqueName="emailAddressTypeSeq" 
        DataType="System.Decimal" DropDownControlType="RadComboBox"
        EmptyListItemText="Please Select" EmptyListItemValue="" EnableEmptyListItem="true">
     </telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?