Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
217 views
When editing an appointment in the Scheduler control, I'm trying to get the resource to show what I'm pulling from the database.  If I do this from the Design View it works fine.  However, I'm trying to dynamically show resources based on certain conditions, so I have to create them on the fly.

I already have the Resources set from our database being created, but the value from the resource doesn't match up with what's in the database.  For example, if the resource named "Letter" has values A, B, C and the value is B in the database, the resource will remain in the "Unselected" position.

Can you please tell me how to correctly set the value of the resource in the code behind file?

Thanks,
David
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
5 answers
263 views
We recently began migrating to the new Prometheus suite of controls, and have been extremely happy with the quality of the software. Telerik has simply done an amazing job with the controls, and we couldn't be happier. Consequently, we are right now trying to migrate all of our existing ComponentArt controls over to Telerik.

We've run into one thing ComponentArt does that Telerik does not: a dialog box where the source of the content comes directly from the page (via templates).

We absolutely love the new Telerik RadWindow control -- the skins, functionality and performance are awesome. But the control was built to only utilize external pages (through an IFRAME). This doesn't work for us -- we absolutely need the content of the dialog to come from the page itself.

We'd really like to ditch ComponentArt if at all possible. Is there anything on your roadmap to enable internal content for RadWindow? Or is there a way to hack the control to do it now? (We looked briefly at RadDock -- that's not what we need.) If not, we'll keep using ComponentArt's Dialog control for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for your help and for all the work you're doing on this suite. I really respect that you started from scratch with this -- it shows.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
111 views
Hi,

Where can I find the changes between versions (version notes) of the Rad Editor for MOSS?

For exemple what are the differences between 4.5.1.0 and 4.5.2.0 ?

Deploying, testing... take a lot of time so it will really help me to know what have changed since the version I have on the servers.

Thx a lot,

Sylvain
George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
80 views
Hi, we're evaluating RadEditor for use in a MOSS 07 Publishing site(s) for a large enterprise intranet implementation. My question is can you integrate RadEditor so it uses the native MOSS document and image libraries vs. the default rad Document and Image Managers?

Had my first experience today playing the the RadEditor and am very impressed!!

Thanks much for any pointers.
Shawn Wilson
George
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
11 answers
939 views
Hi i am having problems with the editor when its initially hidden and then is displayed when the control is wrapped in an update panel.
Example scenario: -> editor hidden press a button to make it visible and both controls are wrapped inside an update panel the editor renders as just a series of bullet points running down the page. To make sure there was nothing wrong with my code i tested it on the prometheus example website that is installed with the download on page:
/radControls_prometheus/Editor/Examples/Default/Defaulting.aspx

i just set the editor visible property to false and placed a button inside the update panel to make the editor visible. I had to place another editor on the page outside of the update panel and wrap it in a <div id='hidden' style='display:visible'><div> wrapper tag. Is there a better way to achieve this functionality?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
5 answers
243 views
Hi,
I have a asp:FileUpload and RadProgressArea in a user control, which is implemented multiple times on a page.

When I try to upload a file from any of the FileUpload's every RadProgressArea on the page fires....is there any way to "connect" each RadProgressArea to it's FileUpload or otherwise stop multiple Area's to appear?

sincerely,
Morten
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
133 views
Hi
        I have created dynamically Tabs using RadTab Strip, In Each Tab dynamically created RadZones & RadDocks, each RadDock have User control,  In the user control there is one LinkButton , I have tried to open RadWindow on LinkButton click  it is  working on only First Tab or First time on First Tab  it's not working  next time on the First Tab or other tabs.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
161 views
When I tab into a RadComboBox and then press the down arrow, it selects the first item - even though the first item is already selected!

This is a very serious usability issue because it is very different from a normal HTML dropdown list.  In a normal HTML dropdown list, if the first item is selected, then you tab into the dropdown field to focus it, then press down, it selects the second item.

So how can I work around this issue?  I need a blank item to be first in my dropdown list so that the user is required to make a selection. But when they tab into the field and press down - and the blank item is selected - that is very annoying.  Also, the required field validator says "Please select a status" even though they just did. That is also very annoying.

When the page loads I want the first item to be selected (the blank one).  When I tab into the field and press down I want the second item to be selected.

Here is my RadComboBox code.
                                            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="drdProdStatus" runat="server" Width="275px" DataTextField="Status"
                                                DataValueField="StatusID" Skin="Outlook" AllowCustomText="false" MarkFirstMatch="true" AppendDataBoundItems="true">
                                                <Items>
                                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Value="" Text="" />
                                                </Items>
                                            </telerik:RadComboBox>


Setting AllowCustomText="true" is not an option.
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
117 views
My pagerstyle is 'NextPevAndNumeric'

Right now it shows the Change Page text on the left side and the Display Page text on the right side.
I want both of them in the center seperated by a character.

Is it possible to do that?
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
5 answers
149 views
Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Obviously, after installing 3.5 the version of System.Web.Extensions is now 3.5.0 and 1.0.6... is no longer on my development computer.  Is there a way to override this?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob Ellis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?