Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
257 views
I know it's something "stupid", but I can't get a simple menu to work.  The "root" appears, but no "children" show up.  Here's the web page:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="TestMenu.aspx.vb" Inherits="TestMenu" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
      <telerik:radscriptmanager id="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:radscriptmanager>
    </div>
      <telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" runat="server" Flow="Horizontal" Skin="Default2006">
        <DefaultGroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" />
        <CollapseAnimation Duration="200" Type="OutQuint" />
        <Items>
          <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Root RadMenuItem1">
            <Items>
              <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Child RadMenuItem 1">
                <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" />
              </telerik:RadMenuItem>
              <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Child RadMenuItem 2">
                <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" />
              </telerik:RadMenuItem>
            </Items>
            <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" />
          </telerik:RadMenuItem>
          <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Root RadMenuItem2">
            <Items>
              <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Child RadMenuItem 1">
                <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" />
              </telerik:RadMenuItem>
              <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ExpandMode="ClientSide" Text="Child RadMenuItem 2">
                <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" />
              </telerik:RadMenuItem>
            </Items>
            <GroupSettings ExpandDirection="Auto" Flow="Vertical" />
          </telerik:RadMenuItem>
        </Items>
        <ExpandAnimation Type="OutQuart" />
      </telerik:RadMenu>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

code behiind:

Partial

Class TestMenu

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

End

David Northfield
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
112 views
I see $telerik.cancelRawEvent(e); in the documentation - but when I call it javascript gives error that $telerik is not defined.

Where is this defined - and what more methods are available to $telerik?

Thanks,
Piyush
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
3 answers
101 views
Hi,

I have been struggling for a couple of weeks on and off to arrive at the best method for solving my problem.

Currently I have a main page which contains a panelbar, with usercontrols making up the panelbar items.

I am struggling to get the radcombos within the user controls to behave as I would like.

Using Ajax, I want RadCombo1 in UserControl1 to initiate Items Requested of RadCombo1, 2 and 3 in UserControl2, and I then want the first item retruned to be highlighted client side.

I also want, again using Ajax, for RadCombo1 in UserControl2 to initiate Items Requested on RadCombo2 and 3 in the same control, again highlighting the first item client side.

I seem to be able to find controls in code behind but not in client javascript, I'm not even sure where the javascript should...in main pag or usercontrols.

I've just read some info on RadCodeBlock/RadScriptBlock but I'm not sure if I'm getting off track here.

Suggesttions appreciated.
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
118 views
Hello,

   I am currently using Prometheus RadGrid with a two level hierarchy. The select statement appears to work beautifully, however, upon insert I would like to be able to use GridBoundDropDownColumns or RadComboBoxes in a way that allows me to update the detail tables GridBoundDropDownColumns or RadComboBoxes.  I would like to use these controls for filtering through the <detailtable> Gridview data. My rational for this can be understood by the following example:  I have the high level category Product Type and underneath Product Type there are many products.  Currently some Products have a Product Type ID which serves as Key for the detail table. I have an existing inventory of all the products that I want to select from for an insert into my Product Type. Upon inserting or adding a new record I would like to choose from the my existing inventory.  So really I am looking to create an association for the insert, not insert a totally new product. This would mean an insert into my level one hierarchy table a new record, that associates the specific product with the productType.  Thanks for your time.

Best, Andrew
Bodevain Svensson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
7 answers
188 views

Hi,

In Prometheus combo demo, I can able to select multiple items (which will not be intended).

Is there any way to avoid this UI issue?

Steps to replicate:

  1. Go to the url http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/ComboBox/Examples/PopulatingWithData/AutoCompleteSql/DefaultCS.aspx
  2. Select any of the items in the combo and drag the mouse to select another two more items in the combo box.
  3. All those selected are highlighted. (which is not intended in UI perspective)
  4. No events are fired unless you click on the dropdown.

I am facing the same UI issue in my web application.

Please help me to resolve this.

This is very urgent.

Regards,

Parvathi

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
4 answers
202 views
Hi,

I have downloaded the RadEditor Lite Version for Sharepoint Server 2007. I followed the steps on how to install and deploy the wsp file. I see its features on my web sites and made it activated. This behaviour works on my local PC or Virtual PC.  I implemented the same steps to our DEV environment which is our testing place. Unfortunately, it doesn't work there. I already perform IIS reset and stop/start of our application pool. 

I don't know if there are any security issues working around here. Can you help me on this and please provide any solutions or alternatives for this features to work?

Your immediate response and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.



Regards,
Jim
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
97 views
HI , Support
Im using the prometheus Grid , I m using Filtring & Alphabetic pager in my project. But as i could not able to get filtering in my page i can see the filtring text box and option but  when i m trying to select any filtering option. its not working. Cant i use both Filtring & Alphabetic pager in same grid.

Farhan Hashmi
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
191 views
I downloaded the help file (RadControls_Prometheus_Manual_2007.3.1425.chm) and the RadControls_Prometheus_2007_3_1425_trial.

Do I need to run an install package or anything? 


Thanks in advance, Brian
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
1 answer
128 views
i installed "Prometheus" for ASP.NET "futures release" and now filtering does not work for the RadGrid

situation:
i completely uninstalled the previous version and then installed the new version and this is where the issues began

To remove my own code as a variable, i decided to run the Telerik demos that  are installed by default.

when i run the "basic filtering" demo for RadGrid from my workstation it fails to filter correctly, but when i run the exact same demo from the Telerik site it works

I can filter for integer "equalto" and that works, but strings do not work, and i have not tried dates

I am assuming that i have something hosed as far as the setup goes, but i have no ideas on where  to look and / or how to fix this.

In addition, it seems that grouping is also broken

Any advice would be greatly appreciated


Update:

System config:
Vista X86
VS 2008
Have both RadControls from ASP.NET and Rad Controls Prometheus installed

Update  #2:
  • Uninstalled All RadControls
  • Deleted all references i could find for Rad Controls / Telerik
  • Installed RadControls_Prometheus_2008_1_325_FUTURES_dev.exe
  • Shut off my local copy of IIS to take it out of the picture
  • Still have the same issue - filtering and grouping do not work for my project and / or the telerik Demo 
  • Possibly a related issue; sorting was hosed, but i clipped out clientsettings  from the aspx file and put it back and all of a sudden sorting worked again.

FYI: I forgot to mention that all features used to work just fine, all i did was uninstall one build and reinstall the new. I'm guessing something is cached, the registry is hosed or maybe  the GAC may be involved

Please advise as soon as possible, thanks

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2008
12 answers
142 views
I have a treeview that on node click will postback and update a panel.  I created an AjaxSetting with the treeview as the initiator and the panel as the updated control.  Everything works good but using Fiddler, I see that the treeview is sending its content to the client too.  Isn't that a waste of bandwidth since the treeview is not being updated?  Shouldn't it only send the panel content?
Mark Griebling
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?