Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
130 views
I have a treeview with nodes that are enabled and disabled based on selections elsewhere on the page.  The tooltip contains a definition for the node and it would be great if the tooltip were still available if the node were disabled.  Is that possible?

Going a step further, are context menus.  I can see how they probably should not be available, but again in this instance it provides a very full description of the node that will help explain why the node is disabled.  Any way for that to happen?

The node has a checkbox, but is also clickable (I check it for them if they click the node)

Thanks,
Bob O'Dell
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
124 views
I'm trying out the new AJAX controls and I have two comboboxes in a Create User Wizard. I want the second one to be populated via AJAX based on what the user selected from the first combo. So I'm trying to use the code in the multiple comboboxes example.

However, as the combobox is in a wizard I can't reference it directly:

        var regionsCombo = $find("Region");  
        var item = eventargs.get_item();  
        regionsCombo.set_text("Loading ...");  
 

When it gets to the third line I get a null reference error because it hasn't found the control. How to I make a valid reference in the first line above (my javascript skills are basic at best)?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
142 views
I used the demo for the FileExplorer to create same in my app,..but when creating it as a user control in a (TestHarness) WebPage, (It is supposed to run in a radpane ( in the final solution))
 I get the following error

Error Rendering Control:- RadSplitterBrowser
Unhandled exception..
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.


Solution/Help please
Neal
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
106 views
hi

how can i insert images to combo box
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
123 views
 function SwallowClick(oPanelItem, oE)  
                            {  
                                //oPanelItem.get_panelBar().trackChanges();  
                                if (!oPanelItem.get_expanded)  
                                    oPanelItem.set_expanded = false;  
                                else  
                                    oPanelItem.set_expanded = true;  
                                //oPanelItem.get_panelBar().commitChanges();  
                            } 

Hi

The above code "swallows" the expand event on the Panelbar, but allows the click event. The cancel functionality does not work because it swallows both the expand and click event.

The problem is that it no longer works where similar code worked fine in ASP.NET.

Any ideas ?

Kind Regards

David
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
120 views
Is there a way to simply change the "Modal" style without having to create a whole new theme?  I really dont want the checkerboard but rather a 50% Opacity on Black.

Thanks in advance
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
127 views
First I use Rad Controls For Asp.net Ajax Q1 2008
In my masterpage i have a radwindow.
with a tool name Webdeveloper under firefox, I detect one problem
in the css file.
trasparent for background  in place of transparent.


div.radwindow td.statusbar input 
{ 
    border: 0px;         
    background: trasparent; background-repeat: no-repeat;        
    width: 100%;     
    cursor: default; 
    -moz-user-select: none; 
    overflow: hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis; 
    display: block; float: left; 
} 

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
5 answers
241 views
After downloading and installing the Prometheus 2008 Q1 version from my Client.net, I'm receiving the "Trial Version" message the controls.

Telerik.Web.UI 2008.1.325.20 trial version. Copyright telerik © 2002-2007. To remove this message, please purchase a developer version.

Is the 2008 Q1 version available for production usage?

--David

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
1 answer
80 views
Hi

The Javascript I am trying to use is:

                            function SetImageClick(oPanelbar, oE)  
                            {  
                                for (var i = 0; i < oPanelbar.get_allItems.length; i++)  
                                {  
                                   if (oPanelbar.get_allItems[i].get_imageElement)  
                                   {  
                                        oPanelbar.get_allItems[i].get_imageElement.AssociatedItem = oPanelbar.get_allItems[i];  
                                        oPanelbar.get_allItems[i].get_imageElement.onclick = function (oE)  
                                        {  
                                            oPanelbar.trackChanges();  
                                            if (!oE) oE = window.event;  
                                            if (this.AssociatedItem.get_expanded)  
                                                this.AssociatedItem.set_expanded = false;  
                                            else  
                                                this.AssociatedItem.set_expanded = true;  
                                            oE.cancelBubble = true;  
                                            if (oE.stopPropagation)  
                                                oE.stopPropagation();  
                                            oPanelbar.commitChanges();  
                                            return false;  
                                        }  
                                    }  
                                }  
                            }    
 

This code worked in ASP.NET but now does not work in Prometheus.

NB: I have added trackChanges and commitChanges for prometheus.

Kind Regards

David
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
13 answers
298 views
The Menu wrap issue has been talked about earlier. And I got the solution for the stylesheet so that it does not wrap.

        .RadMenu_Web20 .customWeb20Menu
        {
            padding-left:20px !important;
        }
        .RadMenu_Web20 .customWeb20Menu .rmLeftImage
        {
            margin-left:-20px !important; /* moves the image 20px to the left */
            margin-top: 5px !important;  /* moves the image 5px down */
        }

Now, when the page is loaded, the menu is not wrapped in FIREFOX, but it is wrapped in IE 7 for some items. When I move mouse over the item, it aligns text with the image, and next every time I open the menu it shows it fine. But the first time page loads, the menu text is wrapped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Piyush

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?