Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
173 views
I have a RadMenu (Prometheus) in a Master Page, and for some reason it will overlay all controls except the RadTabStrip (For Asp.Net) I have in some pages. I have been trying to work this out for a few days off-and-on, and would really appreciate any help I can get. 
Corey Alguire
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2008
1 answer
661 views
I am evaluating your ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2008 product.  We are hoping to replace our Infragistics controls with controls that are "supported".  Needless to say that I am disappointed in the Telerik product.  The very first thing I try to do results in a script error and server error.  Is this indictive of your product quality?  Further feedback: You installer splash screen looks beautiful but is terrible in practice.  It covers the entire screen (including the Windows Start menu) effectively rendering the computer useless while it expands the files.  Then it creates a full-screen install window that can't be minimized.  Now I know that some graphic designer will be hurt that I don't want to look at his/her art but I really need to use my computer for something else for the 15-20 minutes it takes to get the controls installed.

Because Infragistics is SOOO bad (I have used Infragistics for years now) I am willing to give somebody a real chance here.  I really want Telerik to work for our company.

OK the problem is a runtime error: Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'Telerik' is undefined.

I installed the controls on two computers running VS 2008 on Windows Vista machines SP1.  Both machines give exactly the same error.

I created a new project. I pulled some working code that simply creates a List<myListObject> from an existing SQL database.

In my new project I added the RadGrid by draging it onto the form.  I added the RadScriptManager from the RadGrid SmartTag and then I registered the RadScriptManager using its SmartTag.

In the codebehind I am binding my List to the RadGrid1.Datasource.

When I execute the project in VS 2008 debug mode I get the error shown in the title.

If I choose Continue the screen does show the data pulled from the database. However it does not let me drag columns to group and it gives a server error if I try to page through the data.

Here is the offending line:

$create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid, {

"AllowMultiRowSelection":false,"ClientID":"RadGrid1","ClientSettings":{"PostBackFunction":"__doPostBack(\u0027{0}\u0027,\u0027{1}\u0027)","AllowDragToGroup":true,"AllowExpandCollapse":true,"AllowGroupExpandCollapse":true,"ColumnsReorderMethod":0,"ShouldCreateRows":true,"Selecting":{"EnableDragToSelectRows":true},"Scrolling":{"SaveScrollPosition":true,"ScrollHeight":"300px"},"Resizing":{"ClipCellContentOnResize":true},"ClientMessages":{"DragToGroupOrReorder":"Drag to group or reorder","DragToResize":"Drag to resize","DropHereToReorder":"Drop here to reorder","PagerTooltipFormatString":"Page: \u003cb\u003e{0}\u003c/b\u003e out of \u003cb\u003e{1}\u003c/b\u003e pages"}},"ShowGroupPanel":true,"Skin":"Default","UniqueID":"RadGrid1","_activeRowData":"","_clientKeyValues":{},"_currentPageIndex":0,"_gridTableViewsData":"[{\"ClientID\":\"RadGrid1_ctl00\",\"UniqueID\":\"RadGrid1$ctl00\",\"PageSize\":10,\"PageCount\":7,\"CurrentPageIndex\":0,\"Name\":\"\",\"IsItemInserted\":false,\"clientDataKeyNames\":[],\"_selectedItemStyle\":\"\",\"_selectedItemStyleClass\":\"SelectedRow_Default\",\"_renderActiveItemStyle\":\"\",\"_renderActiveItemStyleClass\":\"ActiveRow_Default\",\"_columnsData\":[{\"UniqueName\":\"PrimaryUnit\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"Name\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"Purpose\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"SubSystem\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"Alias\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"ExtrnUGrp\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"FedRpt\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"FailEffect\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"FY0708\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"Importance\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"UserBase\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"DevMethod\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"Status\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"FailResult\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"Releases\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true},{\"UniqueName\":\"EndUsers\",\"Resizable\":true,\"Reorderable\":true,\"Groupable\":true,\"Display\":true}]}]","_groupPanelClientID":"RadGrid1_GroupPanel_TB","_groupPanelItems":"[]","_loadingText":"Loading...","_masterClientID":"RadGrid1_ctl00","_popUpIds":"[]","_readyText":"Ready","_statusLabelID":"","clientStateFieldID":"RadGrid1_ClientState"}, null, null, $get("RadGrid1"));

Larry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2008
3 answers
206 views
I wired up an event to update a linq data guy. linq is simple or sorta cause I'm just learning it. Everything works really cool with auto updates, deletes, and inserts however catching an edited value and in this case I want to encrypt and decrypt the ssn.
 
I can't seem to get the blankety blank edited values out of the Rad Grid. Some code I been working on and of course all the stuff that is commented out I couldn't get to work.

Isn't there an easy way to get the value from an edited textbox. You know the stuff someone types in a textbox when they clicked on edit. Sheesh!
UserControl userControl = (UserControl)e.Item.FindControl(GridEditFormItem.EditFormUserControlID);
(userControl.FindControl("admissionID") as TextBox).Text I keep getting errors on this guy. Null Reference and Object not set to an instance etc.

protected

void Update_Command(object source, Telerik.WebControls.GridCommandEventArgs e)

{

//GridEditableItem editedItem = e.Item as GridEditableItem;

//UserControl userControl = (UserControl)e.Item.FindControl(GridEditFormItem.EditFormUserControlID);

This is what I'd like to do is get the blankety blank row ID of the row I'm editing
//string admissionID = (userControl.FindControl("admissionID") as TextBox).Text;  I get error with object not set to....null reference etc. when code above is uncommented out for userControl


This is what I'd like to do is get the blankety blank edited stuff
//string ssn = (userControl.FindControl("ssn") as TextBox).Text; I get error with object not set to....null  reference when code above is uncommented out for userControl

//UserControl userControl = (UserControl)e.Item.FindControl(GridEditFormItem.EditFormUserControlID);

//Hashtable newValues = new Hashtable();

//newValues["admissionID"] = (userControl.FindControl("admissionID") as TextBox).Text;

//newValues["ssn"] = (userControl.FindControl("ssn") as TextBox).Text;

//TextBox admissionIDTxBx = (TextBox)userControl.FindControl("admissionID");

//TextBox ssnIDTxBx = (TextBox)userControl.FindControl("ssn");

var db = new admissions_appsDataContext();

var query = from s in db.admission_app2s

where s.admissionID == "randysolutions@hotmail.com" would like to put admissionID grabed as edited row field identifier

select s;

foreach (var thisItem in query)

{

//foreach (DictionaryEntry entry in newValues)

//{

//if (thisItem.admissionID == admissionIDTxBx.Text)

thisItem.ssn =

"123456789"; would like to put ssn The stuff entered in the editable textbox as this code with everything commented out simply updates this row in the database. 

//}

//if (thisItem.admissionID == (userControl.FindControl("admissionID") as TextBox).Text)

//{

// thisItem.ssn = "12345";//(userControl.FindControl("ssn") as TextBox).Text;

//}

}

db.SubmitChanges();

//var db = new admissions_appsDataContext();

//db.SubmitChanges(

var dbRefresh = new admissions_appsDataContext();

var queryRefresh = db.admission_app2s;

RadGrid1.DataSource = queryRefresh;

RadGrid1.DataBind();

Randy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2008
4 answers
236 views
Hello,
In the Radgrid i have a string field that must stay a string. Like '0011'.
When i export to excel this becomes a numeric value 11.

I hope someone can show me a way how to export the datatype also to Excel.
I have search the documentation but didn't found it.

thanks


Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2008
1 answer
159 views
Hi

I am currently evaluating Editor Control(RADControl for aspnet ajax). I have following issue using the controls.

I have multiple divs on the page. The html body tag has scroll set to no. And my users scroll using div scrollbar. But when i put the editor in that div, i cant scroll down to bottom of the div. It considers browser screen size as height and it doesnt go beyond that. I think there is some issue with absolute and relative positioning.
I am attaching an image file so that you can show to your technical team to send me workaround.

I have an image but i dont find a place to upload in the forum. 

The div tag is as below

<asp:Panel ID="divFixPanel" runat="server">

x.. header controls in this panel than remain static on the page..

</asp:Panel>

<asp:Panel ID="divScroll" runat="server" Style="overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: auto;

width: 100%; height: expression(screen.height-document.getElementById('ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_divFixPanel').offsetHeight-(window.screenTop+60) + 'px');">

x

x

x editor1

x editor 2

x editor 3

</asp:Panel>

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Apr 2008
3 answers
247 views
How do I access CustomAttributeNames on the client ?  

I have CustomAttributeNames defined.   I would like to get access to these attributes when an appointment is double clicked.  How is this done using javascript?

Thanks for any direction,
Stephen Sjostrom
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Apr 2008
1 answer
95 views
Is there an eligant way to store the users preference (column size, column filters, grouping..(whatever the user has changed client side)..that when he revisits the site the next day, the grid will re-use this preference)
Larkin Young
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Apr 2008
2 answers
229 views
I have a combobox in the templatecolumn in my grid.

<

telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Device Type" SortExpression="DeviceDisplayValue"

UniqueName="DeviceTemplateColumn" EditFormColumnIndex="1">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDevice" Text='<%# Bind("DeviceDisplayValue") %>'></asp:Label>

</ItemTemplate>

<EditItemTemplate>

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlDeviceAW" runat="server"  EnableLoadOnDemand="true"

LoadingMessage="Loading Device..." MarkFirstMatch="True" ToolTip="Select a Device"

OnItemsRequested="ddlDeviceAW_ItemsRequested" EnableVirtualScrolling="true">

</telerik:RadComboBox>

</EditItemTemplate>

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

I want to populate the dropdown from code behind on runtime.
How do i find the combo box in the grid in my ItemsRequested event?

newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
1 answer
91 views
I'm using the latest version of RadControls (2008), and I'm working with RadScheduler.  I'm also in the Eastern time zone.

I've added a handler for the OnClientAppointmentInserting and I'm noticing that eventArgs.get_startTime() is retrieving a time 4 hours behind the time the user double clicked on the scheduler.  So if the user double clicks on the 5 AM spot (Wed Apr 16 05:00:00 EDT 2008), eventArgs.get_startTime() returns "Wed Apr 16 01:00:00 EDT 2008". 

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Alvaro
Dimitar Milushev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
5 answers
371 views
Hi,

I have a fresh Server 2008 running as a workstation, with VS 2008, .NET 3.5, ASP Ajax and RAD controls "Prometheus" installed. When I try to launch the Prometheus examples I get a dialogue stating that the WebDev.WebServer.exe has stopped working.

Another machine I have here, same configuration does not display the error but I cannot open the examples either.

Any help ?

Regards

Graeme
Timothy Lee Russell
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?