Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
126 views
Hello,

I have been using the calendar controls for a few years and am now using this version.  One problem I have always had is the ability to style it the way I would like due to the calendar using the same style for different items.

For instance:
- Row and column headers use the same style.  If you want to underline your column headers, you also have to underline your row headers.
- Months in MultiView mode cannot be seperated with padding without also causing the heading to be separated as well as adding padding other places. 

Many other controls in the suite have much finer stylesheet control.  When is this scheduled to be addressed in RadCalendar?

Regards,
Mark
Mark Griebling
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
1 answer
180 views
Hi,

I am creating a dropdown in a grid with a three-level hierarchy. In my first level I am adding a dropdown box using the following code:

<radG:GridDropDownColumn DataField="SectionCategory" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource_SectionsCategory" HeaderText="SectionCategory" ListTextField="Name" ListValueField="ID" UniqueName="SectionCategoryID">
</radG:GridDropDownColumn>

Using the following datasource:

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource_SectionsCategory" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ConnectionString %>"SelectCommand="SELECT ID, Name FROM Sections"></asp:SqlDataSource>

This is fine, but what I need to do is add an extra value to the dropdown that isn't in the database. I'm assuming this needs to be done in the code behind, but not sure how to go about doing it. Could you please give me some idea of how to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
3 answers
123 views
Hi
        I have created RadChart, I want to develope DrillDown functionality on it , But i don't know how to get Perticaular Selected bar value?
        Please give your repply............
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
2 answers
106 views
I installed the new release. Trying to drag stuff from the designer doesn't work - I drop the control and nothing happens if I am on the designer. If drop takes place on the Source view I get an "Operation could not be completed error". This only happens in one solution (big one 30+ projects). In others it works just fine.

Where's the problem?

Thanks,
C
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
1 answer
237 views
I am trying to build a chart without a title, but I cannot get the space at the top of the chart to disappear, even when no text is present.  I have tried setting the following properties without any luck:

rc.ChartTitle.Visible = false;
rc.ChartTitle.Appearance.Dimensions.Height = Unit.Pixel(0);
rc.ChartTitle.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Bottom = Unit.Pixel(0);
rc.ChartTitle.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Top = Unit.Pixel(0);
rc.ChartTitle.TextBlock.Visible = false;
rc.ChartTitle.TextBlock.Appearance.Dimensions.Height = Unit.Pixel(0);
rc.PlotArea.Appearance.Dimensions.Margins.Top = Unit.Pixel(0);

Is there even a way to remove the title area?  I'm working with a small space in my application and need as much space as possible for the plot...not a section of white space.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
1 answer
142 views

Hello,

I've been trying with a great deal of head ache to get the select menu nodes structure to persist after a post back has happened..

The menu is created from a database, where the structure is very different from the examples given in the samples, and sadly which cannot be changed as it would cause other system to stop working, which means it has to be constructed in a slightly different way.

The menu tree creates correctly with all the sub nodes etc, but when a node is clicked it all gets re-created and the node selection is lost.

Can anyone help, as I'm loosing what's left of my sanity.!

Thank you in advance
Dave

Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
2 answers
63 views

Creating a clone of a node on the client side, the following code throws a JS error "Object doesn't support this property or method".  Using latest build 2008_1_415.

newNode.set_expandendImageUrl(node.get_expandedImageUrl());  
 

this other line works fine:

newNode.set_imageUrl(node.get_imageUrl());  
 

Jorge
jorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
5 answers
337 views
I have a grid, which has all the rows so that they always stay in edit mode.  I posted a few times before about it, and I have since switched it to using the Prometheus version.  My problem may have existed before though.  The grid was originally designed to have a fake row for inserting, although that has been taken out of the grid.  In the ItemCommand event, I check for changed rows, and any rows that have changed are updated using the PerformUpdate function with suppressing the Rebind.  My problem is that I have a field that if it is 0, I need the row to be deleted.  I do this using the same stored procedure and code for the update.  If I have under the maximum number of rows for that page, and I delete more that one row (including the last row), I get an Index out of range error.  Is there a certain setting I need to use?  I tried dividing this into different parts, so the deletes get done later, and rebinding at different times.  No matter what I do it works fine until it gets to the last row, then fails.  When I do just the last row, it works fine. 
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
1 answer
109 views
Hello,

i am looking for an example to select values from an mdb-Database with an ComboBox and the range with an DatePicker for the Startdate and another DatePicker for the Enddate.

kind regards

Gerald
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
3 answers
295 views
Hi,

Have you thought about updating the upload control to allow
  1. Ajax upload w/ progress bar
  2. Memory Optimization w/ IIS 7 compatibility and Medium Trust environment support?
This component seems to do all of the above. I am not sure why you can't implement any of the above..?
Dimcho
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?