Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
90 views
Hello!

I have updated my prometheus lib to the new asp.net ajax lib. By this occassion I also replaced the old RadTabStrip control and substituted it with the one from the new asp.net ajax lib. Unfortunately this one was not included in the prometheus tools.

I have a page with a tabstrip with one tab and one multipage with one view. Of course the page will grow in the future, but by now it has only one RadTab!

Whenever I use only one RadTab and have the align set to Justify I get a weird result:

Screenshot


Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
61 views
Dear Telerik,

Main form has a Radgrid, ajax applied via RadAjaxManager:

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="grdHardware">
<UpdatedControls> <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="grdHardware" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanelCaseGeneral" />
</UpdatedControls>
 </telerik:AjaxSetting>

Grid Item edit is via a user control. On the User Control a RadAjaxManagerProxy is applied to a button as it loads a combobox:

        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Button1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadComboBox1"
                    LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingSmall" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>

Problem is that, after grid refresh (invoving ajax) if you edit an item, and press the button, invoking ajax loading panel over the combo, the loading panel never hides, it sits over the combo even when the call is finished. (I have all this in a zipped up project if you want it)

Simon
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
62 views

If I have a template which uses databinding:-

<NodeTemplate>
    <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Column1") %>
</NodeTemplate>


can I also use ExpandMode="WebService"? If so, how?

Thanks,
Martin

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
27 answers
763 views
How can I disable the drag-corner of Prometheus Rad Editor? I don't want users to be able to resize the editor.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
2 answers
135 views
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when opening the Image Manager:

The data area passed to a system call is too small.

Why is this?

Thanks,
Curt.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
170 views

I'm trying to convert my ASP.Net windows to AJAX windows, and running into an AJAX problem. The base page (the one that opens the Window) has a Grid that I want to refresh when the window is closed. Previously, it was using the refreshGrid(arg) that seems to be popular, but I'm trying to convert it to an AJAX call using the OnClientClose event.

My Javascript function looks like this:

function OnClientClose(sender, eventArgs)
{
$find(
"<%= RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("Rebind");
}

And the server-side event looks like:

protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
{
  if (e.Argument == "Rebind")
  {
    RadGrid2.Rebind();
  }
}

I can see the server-side event firing in debug mode, but the grid never updates and I get a Javascript error "Object doesn't support this property or method". What am I doing wrong?

Bill

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
126 views
hi

I have set AllowAutomaticInsert and is working fine but I do not see any header title? How to? Thanks
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
4 answers
236 views

I am trying to create fuctionality which will allow the user to see the preview/ReadOnly mode by clicking on a row in the Grid.  The user will be able to expand/collapse the row to show/hide the preview mode.  In the javascript function
I am using the fireCommand() function passing in the "Preview" commandName and the selected Index:

function RowSelected(sender, eventArgs)
{
    var masterTable = $find("<%= RadGrid1.ClientID %>").get_masterTableView();
    masterTable.fireCommand("Preview",eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical());
}

Although this will raise the correct event, the itemIndex is getting lost.  The result is that only the first row expands to display the Preview mode no matter which row is clicked. Instead, I need the selected row to display it's preview mode.

I am using webcontrols for edit and insert (EditFormType="WebUserControl").  In the server side code I am checking for the "preview" command.  

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCommand1(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
{
     if (e.CommandName == RadGrid.InitInsertCommandName)
        {
            e.Canceled = true;
            RadGrid1.EditIndexes.Clear();
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.EditFormSettings.UserControlName = "InsertContactForm.ascx";
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.InsertItem();
        }
        else if (e.CommandName == RadGrid.EditCommandName)
        {

            e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted = false;
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.EditFormSettings.UserControlName = "EditContactForm.ascx";

        }
        else if (e.CommandName == "Preview")
        {
           
            e.Item.Edit = true;
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.Rebind();
           
            GridDataItem editItem = e.Item.OwnerTableView.Items[e.Item.ItemIndex];      
           
            e.Item.OwnerTableView.EditFormSettings.UserControlName = "EditContactForm.ascx";           

            string sUcID = GridEditFormItem.EditFormUserControlID;
            UserControl MyUserControl = (UserControl)editItem.EditFormItem.FindControl(sUcID);

            ASP.contacts_editcontactform_ascx eForm = (ASP.contacts_editcontactform_ascx)MyUserControl;
            eForm.SetPreviewMode();
        }
}

Any ideas of how I can get the correct row to expand?

Also, Since I will need to cancel out of the preview mode once the user clicks the same row again, can you tell me how to check (on the client side) if the selected row is in "Preview" mode?

Thanks!

Natalie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
66 views
Is there any way to set the ID attribute of the <LI> tags generated by the menu. I was hoping one of the databound fields would suffice as I'd prefer keep everything declarative.

Thanks!

James
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
219 views
Hi,

I have a menu which consists of 2 items

1. update
2. cancel

This menu sits above a series of forms which need to be filled in, so I have put validation controls on each of the textboxes dropdownlist etc..

The menu wont move the page forward if any of the fields are empty, which is good.  My problem is if the user clicks on cancel the page will not redirect (controlled in c# code on "menu_itemclick") this is because the menu control is set to Causesvalidation = true.

Now this is a catch 22, as I need validation on to ensure you cannot update the forms without all the data, but at the same time I need validation off so I can redirect the page if they cancel.

I was looking for a causes validation option on the item in the builder, but as I though it didnt exist as its part of the overall object.

Has anyone got a solution to this very simple requirement?

Thanks,

Jon
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?