Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
116 views
I am trying to target .Net 2.0 and the form decorator isn't working. If I change the target framework for the project to 3.5 it works fine. Any ideas? Thank you.
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
72 views
i have a rad dockable object inside it user control has a rad grid but i have a problem when i collapse a rad dcockable object that has the user control and then save state, when i access the page next time and expand the rad dockable object the grid hight became smaller and have a very small scroll bar
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
112 views
Hi, I have a problem which only occurs in Firefox (2.0.0.14) ... IE7 is fine (for a change).  This may get confusing but here goes...

I have created a user control which has a RadAjaxPanel with the following :  A TextBox, A RadToolTip with RadTreeView inside.  The tool tip is displayed when the text box is clicked and the text box is updated when a tree node is clicked (it's a simple folder selection control).

The problems occurs when :

(a) dragging/dropping tree nodes - when the operation completes the tree view disappears and the tooltip just displays the updated 'FullPath' of the dropped node.

(b) Right clicking a node - the context menu's appear underneath the toolip.

(c) ModalPopupExtenders (MS Ajax Toolkit) - do not execute javascript attached to the 'OnOKScript' property.  These are used to confirm node rename/add operations.

This is the first time I've used the RadAjaxPanel (as opposed to standard UpdatePanel) - I need the AjaxRequest functionality it provides. Similary it is the first time i've had to use the RadCodeBlock (to supoprt "<%= %>" in my javascript).

Like I said, works a dream in IE7. Help on any or all of these issues is appreciated.

Regards
Dave
Dave Forster
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
5 answers
538 views
I have a RadTreeView that maps a directory structure defined in our database.  We are creating the treeview dynamically (load-on-demand by handling the nodexpand event).  We won't know how many sibling folders will exist at one time, but we have noticed that when there are lots, IE throws "javascript taking too long" warnings. 

We have a workaround that will group large numbers of sibling folders into "virtual folders"  So if we have folders 1...1000, we can set it up to group them into folders [1-100], [101-200], and so on.  In order for this implementation to work completely, I need a way to assign a dataitem to the node while it is dynamically populated, so that I can access this object in the NodeExpand handler to add the virtual folder's children.  However when I assign the DataItem as the node is added, the property is null in the NodeExpand handler.  Since we are already doing dynamic creation and not databinding, is it possible to assign this and have it available later?

FYI: Elsewhere in our code we have this working with the RadComboBox:
    RadComboBoxItem c = new RadComboBoxItem("name", "value");
    RadComboBox1.Items.Add(c);
    RadComboBox1.DataBind();

Thank you.
-Adam
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
113 views
Hi, I have a 3-tier grid that displays the following info:

Areas
    Attributes
        AttributeDetails

I am databinding the grid from codebehind using the NeedDataSource and DetailTableDataBind events. Once these events have fired, I need a way to change all of the attributes level items so that their edit mode is true. I would also like to have the entire hierarchy expanded by default.

Could someone provide a technique for doing this?

Thanks much!
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
108 views
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
229 views
Hello

The only way for add components to de RadWindows is link to another page that have the components?
In this case how I do for access from have the window for change one property of some control tha is in the link page?

How I do for refresh de content of the link page form the Window? , for example, when I click a button in the page that contain de Windows (but the button are not inside the Window) and the links page updates.

The reload method is only for JavaScrip?

It's possible write a method than when the Windows is resized, the control in the linked page are resized too?

I'm test the RadControls in Visual Studio 2005 and programming in C#.

Best regards
Alejandro Fernandez.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
4 answers
146 views
Hi,

I have a project with main page spllited on 4 pieces (main vertical splliter, and two nested horizontals on left and right side), in 2 two nested splliter panes I have flash objects. Everythig was working ok until Q1 final release, now moving main vertical splliter causes flash objects to reload (moving horizontal dont cause such problems). When I move object from nested pane outside to main splliter pane everything is ok,
<telerik:RadSplitter SplitBarsSize="10px" ID="RadSplitter1" Width="100%" LiveResize="false" runat="server" Orientation="Vertical" 
             VisibleDuringInit="false"> 
            <telerik:RadPane OnClientBeforeExpand="property_Expand" ID="RadPaneLeft" runat="server" 
                Scrolling="None"> 
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="radSplit" SplitBarsSize="10px" LiveResize="false" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%" 
                    BorderSize="1" Height="100%"> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPaneProperty" OnClientResized="PropertyPaneResized" Height="300px" 
                        runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Scrolling="None"> 
                        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ClientEvents-OnRequestStart="OnRequestStart" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="OnResponseEnd" 
                            runat="server" ID="ajaxProperty" OnAjaxRequest="ajaxProperty_AjaxRequest"> 
                           <!-- flash object here --> 
                        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" CollapseMode="Both" CollapseExpandPaneText="ZwiÅ„/rozwiÅ„ panel" runat="server" style="white-space:nowrap;" /> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPaneMore" runat="server" Scrolling="Y"> 
                        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ClientEvents-OnRequestStart="OnRequestStart" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="OnResponseEnd" 
                            runat="server" ID="ajaxPreviewPanel" OnAjaxRequest="ajaxPreviewPanel_AjaxRequest"> 
                            <pos:MorePanelProperty ID="morePanelProperty" runat="server" /> 
                        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                </telerik:RadSplitter> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar2" runat="server" CollapseExpandPaneText="ZwiÅ„/rozwiÅ„ panel" CollapseMode="Both"/> 
            <telerik:RadPane OnClientBeforeExpand="question_Expand" ID="RadPaneRight" runat="server" 
                Scrolling="None"> 
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="radSplit2" SplitBarsSize="10px" LiveResize="false" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%" 
                    BorderSize="1" Height="100%"> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPaneQuestion" OnClientResized="QuestionPaneResized" Height="300px" 
                        runat="server" Font-Bold="True" Scrolling="None"> 
                        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ClientEvents-OnRequestStart="OnRequestStart" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="OnResponseEnd" 
                             runat="server"  
                            ID="ajaxQuestion" OnAjaxRequest="ajaxQuestion_AjaxRequest"> 
                            <!-- flash object here --> 
                        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar3" CollapseExpandPaneText="ZwiÅ„/rozwiÅ„ panel" CollapseMode="Both" runat="server" /> 
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPaneMore2" runat="server" Scrolling="Y"> 
                        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ClientEvents-OnRequestStart="OnRequestStart" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="OnResponseEnd" 
                             runat="server" 
                            ID="ajaxPreviewPanel2" OnAjaxRequest="ajaxPreviewPanel_AjaxRequest"> 
                             
                        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
                    </telerik:RadPane> 
                </telerik:RadSplitter> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
135 views
I need to be able to instruct / interact with Ajax mngr, such that based on a UserControl (say a boolean Property set into ViewState) I can force an Ajax Postback of an ajoining pane.

to clarify,..
I have a TreeView in the "TvwPane" and an adjacent pane, "DetailMaintPane" with a radGrid...AddNew and Edit facilities).
DetailMaintPane can sometimes change or add data (into Dbase) which affects the Nodes in the TreeView,..
(Node text changes or  New Nodes.)
I have created a boolean property and set it into viewstate.

The contents of The DetailMaintPane (originally a dozen or so forms), will be cut and pasted into usercontrols for ease of work/use  (nearly 7000 lines of c# code in the code behind of this form.)

For now,..I set a variable "blnUpdtTreeView"
which I need to interrogate to decide on whether or not to fire the postback event(refresh) on the treeviewpane
....
So,.. how to Use AjaxMngr to read variables from ViewState and depending on Value (True or False), force a postback on the treeview
I imagine it will need to call a function which may then use and instruct the Ajaxmngr ????

TIA
Neal
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
90 views
With the ASP.Net version of the calendar, if I deleted a date in the input box (just highlighted with the mouse and hit backspace), the slashes / remained, and I could enter a date without them (i.e. "01072008"). The AJAX version wipes out the slashes - is there a way to retain the old behavior?

Bill
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?