Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
149 views
When the user clicks the checkbox ChkScroll it does not become checked. (As it would if it were not inside a tool bar.)  Is there a way to resolve this without using code in a postback event?
John

****

<rad:RadToolBar Font-Size="Smaller" Width="95px" ID="RadtoolbarScroll" runat="server"

AutoPostBack="True" Skin="Outlook" UseFadeEffect="True">

<Items>

<rad:RadToolBarButton runat="server" Text="btnChkScroll">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:CheckBox ID="chkScroll" runat="server" Width="19px" Font-Size="Smaller" />

</ItemTemplate>

</rad:RadToolBarButton>

<rad:RadToolBarButton>

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:Label ID="lblScroll" Width="47px" runat="server" Text="Scroll" Font-Bold="true"

Font-Size="Smaller" EnableViewState="false"></asp:Label>

</ItemTemplate>

</rad:RadToolBarButton>

</Items>

</rad:RadToolBar>

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
134 views
Aren´t "Normal state" supported by this version of Toolbar?
I need the button to be visible (not only the icon) in the normal state.

::Daniel
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
122 views
I'm trying the Upload control, and debugging on my local machine.

If I select a file such as "Z:\foo.gif" and upload it, when the upload button is clicked I see it in the array of the UploadedFiles property.

However, even though I've set the TargetPhysicalFolder in Page_Load to be another folder, the FileName property of the uploaded file is still in Z:\foo.gif

While this might work locally, obviously once deployed to a remote server the local filesystem path of where the user picked the image from won't do my much good.  Is the Upload control doing some kind of shortcut because it knows the client is on the same machine as the server, or is something wrong?
Dimcho
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
5 answers
203 views
Hi all,

My first attempt using the RadWindow.  I am using the latest 2008 Telerik version.  When I click a button, I call a method that will return a boolean value.  If False, I want to display "Record Not Deleted" in my popup window.  If True, "Record had been deleted."  in my popup window.  Not sure how to do this.  I know how to return True or False from the method.  It is how to make this popup radwindow appear is where I need help.  I tried a few things but nothing appeared.  Here is the html I use in my web page:

<

Telerik:RadWindowManager

ID="RadWindowManager1"

runat="server">

<Windows>

<telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindowError"

runat="server"

Visible="false"

Modal="true">

<asp:Label ID="labelResult" runat="server"></asp:Label>

</telerik:RadWindow>

</Windows>

</Telerik:RadWindowManager>



Thanks,
Bob



Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
23 answers
551 views
Is it a bug that I have to include (at least) an empty event handler to have the default behavior for

CommandName="Update" and the other "built in detailsview commands"?

Petia
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
71 views
  I would like to add more information from the database to my RadScheduler under 'More Details'. Would like to know how to do that and if possible send me lots of links to a possible examples of the same
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
5 answers
265 views
When I expand a root item, if I have only 2 child item, the height of expanded panel in huge. This problem appear only in IE. How can I modify this height ?
Have a nice day !
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
157 views
Hi,

I'm looking to remove the blue background change that occurs when mousing over a day in the outlook style.  I just want the cells to retain their original color.

I see that when my mouse enters the cell it applies "rsAptCreate" which sets the background to blue.  I've tried overriding this style and making the background color transparent but unfortunately the original color is lost and the cells turn white instead of staying their original shade.

I could just set the style to a set background color instead of transparent but I want to retain the darker colour for weekends, etc.

Thanks for your help.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
97 views
Hello,

    I'm using the latest build of RadControl for ASP.NET AJAX - RadTreeView in my application. During the initial load of the page I'm trying to load the treeview with the help of an xml document, and in the NodeCreated Event of the rad treeview i'm trying to fetch some data from the database. Everything is working fine, but when i do any postback to the server or whenever i'm trying to trigger an server side event i'm getting this following error message :

"Format of the initiaization string does not conforms to specifications starting at index 0."

After getting this error, a strange thing happens... I'm unable to proceed with furthur pages and after some time a script debugger dialog opens. Can any one help me out in fixing this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Reethish
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
170 views
Hi,

I had created a web part which uses Rad Docking Control and i am getting one error when i try to add two or more web parts containing RadDockingManager onto the MOSS page. The error is

"Only one instance of RadDockingManager is allowed on the page. Please remove RadDockManager1 control."

The web part is created using a user control which contains all the html portion of the web part.

The html for the UserControl is as follows:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="MYItem.ascx.cs" Inherits="MY.UserControls.MYItem" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadDock.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="rad" %> 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="radcb" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" Assembly="RadComboBox.NET2" %> 
 
 
<rad:RadDockingManager ID="RadDockingManager1" runat="server" /> 
 
<rad:RadDockingZone ID="RadDockingZone1" runat="server"> 
    <rad:RadDockableObject ID="RadDockableObject1" runat="server"> 
        <ContentTemplate> 
            <asp:Panel ID="PanelConfig" runat="server" Visible="false"> 
                <radcb:radcombobox MarkFirstMatch="true" AllowCustomText="false"  Sort="Descending" id="RadComboBox1" Skin="Default" Width="300px" AutoPostBack="false" RadComboBoxImagePosition="Right" Height="140px" Runat="server"></radcb:radcombobox> 
                <asp:Button id="Button1" runat="server" Text="Select" OnClick="Button1_Click" CssClass="CommandButton"></asp:Button> 
                <br /><br /> 
            </asp:Panel> 
            <iframe id="iframeGrid" height="417px" width="655px" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes" runat="server" src="~/utils/pleasewait.aspx"></iframe> 
        </ContentTemplate> 
        <Commands> 
            <rad:RadDockableObjectCommand AutoPostBack="true" Image="../images/icon_edit.gif" Name="edit"></rad:RadDockableObjectCommand> 
            <rad:RadDockableObjectCommand AutoPostBack="true" Image="../images/icon_clsdfold.gif" Name="closeedit" /> 
        </Commands> 
    </rad:RadDockableObject> 
</rad:RadDockingZone> 
 

The code for the web part that contains this user control is as follows:
using System; 
using System.Runtime.InteropServices; 
using System.Web.UI; 
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 
using System.Xml.Serialization; 
 
using Microsoft.SharePoint; 
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls; 
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages; 
using System.ComponentModel; 
 
namespace MY.Parts 
{ 
    [DefaultProperty("Text"), 
ToolboxData("<{0}:MYWP runat=server></{0}:MYWP>"), 
       XmlRoot(Namespace = "MY.Parts")] 
    public class MYWP : Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart 
    { 
 
        private const string defaultText = ""; 
        private string _userControl = defaultText;         
        private Control _control = null; 
        private ScriptManager _AjaxManager; 
 
 
        [Browsable(true), 
            Category("User Control"), 
          DefaultValue(defaultText), 
            WebPartStorage(Storage.Personal), 
            FriendlyName("User Control (.ascx)"), 
            Description("Path to the User Control (.ascx)")] 
        public string UserControl 
        { 
            get 
            { 
                return _userControl; 
            } 
 
            set 
            { 
                _userControl = value; 
            } 
        }         
 
        public MYWP() 
        { 
            this.ExportMode = WebPartExportMode.All; 
        } 
 
        protected override void CreateChildControls() 
        { 
            base.CreateChildControls(); 
 
            try 
            { 
                if ((this._control == null) && (this.Page != null)) 
                { 
                    try 
                    { 
                        if (_userControl != defaultText) 
                        { 
                            if ((this._userControl != "") && (this._userControl.IndexOf("~") != -1)) 
                            { 
                                thisthis._control = this.Page.LoadControl(this._userControl);                                 
                            } 
                        } 
                        else 
                        { 
                            _control = new LiteralControl(string.Format("To link to content, <a href=\"javascript:MSOTlPn_ShowToolPaneWrapper('{0}','{1}','{2}');\">open the tool pane</a> and then type a URL in the Link text box.", 1, 129, this.ID)); 
                        } 
                    } 
                    catch (Exception exception) 
                    { 
                        this._control = new LiteralControl(string.Format("<b>Error:</b> unable to load {0}<br /><b>Details:</b> {1}", this._userControl, exception.Message)); 
                    } 
                } 
            } 
            catch (System.Exception ex) 
            { 
                _control = new LiteralControl(string.Format("<b>Error:</b> unable to load {0}<br /><b>Details:</b> {1}", _userControl, ex.Message)); 
            } 
 
            if (_control != null) 
            { 
                // Add to the Controls collection to support postback 
                this.Controls.Add(_control); 
            } 
        } 
 
        protected override void RenderWebPart(HtmlTextWriter output) 
        { 
            EnsureChildControls(); 
            if (_control != null) 
            { 
                _control.RenderControl(output); 
            } 
        } 
 
        protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e) 
        { 
            try 
            { 
                base.OnInit(e); 
                this._AjaxManager = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this.Page); 
                if (this._AjaxManager == null) 
                { 
                    this._AjaxManager = new ScriptManager(); 
                    this._AjaxManager.EnablePartialRendering = true; 
                    this._AjaxManager.EnableScriptLocalization = true; 
                    this.Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(typeof(MYWP), this.ID, "_spOriginalFormAction = document.forms[0].action;", true); 
                    if (this.Page.Form != null) 
                    { 
                        string str = this.Page.Form.Attributes["onsubmit"]; 
                        if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(str) && (str == "return _spFormOnSubmitWrapper();")) 
                        { 
                            this.Page.Form.Attributes["onsubmit"] = "_spFormOnSubmitWrapper();"; 
                        } 
                        try 
                        { 
                            this.Page.Form.Controls.AddAt(0, this._AjaxManager); 
                        } 
                        catch (Exception ex) 
                        { 
                            this.Controls.AddAt(0, this._AjaxManager); 
                        } 
                    } 
                } 
            } 
            catch (Exception ex) 
            { 
            } 
        } 
 
        [WebPartStorage(Storage.None)] 
        public ScriptManager AjaxManager 
        { 
            get 
            { 
                return this._AjaxManager; 
            } 
            set 
            { 
                this._AjaxManager = value; 
            } 
        } 
 
    } 
} 
 

If i add this web part twice in different zones of MOSS page then i get the above mentioned error. How do i resolve this issue???

Can we check if the RadDockingManager is present on the MOSS page and then may be add that to the controls collection of the web part if it is not present. This is quite similar to the ScriptManager ( AjaxManager ) being added in the above mentioned Web part code. Can we do this???

I got one link which says that RadDockingManager could be added to the master page ie in this case would be MOSS master page(which ever it would be not sure which one) to resolve the issue.
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mkcdm.aspx

Which master page do i need to change and how do i add the RadDockingManager control in it???


Please help ASAP.

Thanks and Hoping to get a quick response.


Regards
Saurabh


Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?