Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
75 views
In the RadGrid that we are using whenever the Add button is clicked the column headers resize on their own.  Is there any way to keep this behavior from happening?  We are using a custom insert form. Thanks.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 May 2008
4 answers
248 views
I am explicitly showing a loading panel in OnRequestStart by calling its show() method.  No problem.

I would like to explicitly hide the loading panel at some point AFTER OnResponseEnd (like in a ResponseScript) because my page has some client-side processing to do before it is ready.

The problem is that I cannot get the RadAjaxManager to stop hiding the loading panel.  In fact, it is hiding it before it raises OnResponseEnd.

I am not specifiying the loading panel id in any of my AjaxSettings.  I am using Master/Content pages.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
143 views
Good Afternoon.
I am running into a small problem or big depending on the solutoin but here I go.  I will do my best to explain this.

We have a grid that when you click on the plus sign, is there a way to highlight the row with a specific color and make the neted view template the same color.  by this i mean the column that is using the plus sign.  I changed the color of my table to white but the nested table pads my table over to the right the with of the plus sign column.  Also, is there a way to show the plus sign only when the mouse is over the particular row.

I hope I explained this well enough.

Thanks in advance. 
Joshua
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
718 views
My ASP.NET application uses RADScriptManager and multiple RADAJAXPanels.

Response.Redirect's called in code behind executed via callbacks originating inside the RADAjaxPanels do not work and the following Javascript error is generated on the source page.

Also, probably related to this, the customerrors page does not get rendered in when runtime exceptions occur in code-behind. I assume it's due to the same problem that redirects are not working.

Thanks

Javascript error:

Line:

605

Char: 13

Error:Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An

unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The

status code returned from the server was: 0

Code: 0

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
181 views
I dynamically add/remove/rename tabs based on user permissions in my web application.  In the classic version of tabstrip, the tabs would break & wrap if there were too many created in the designated space. 

However, the ajax tabstrip just overlaps all of the tabs trying to get them on one line.  It makes many of the tabs illegible.  Is there a way to make the tabs wrap like they used in the classic version?  I just never know how much space one particular tab is going to take up.  Maybe I missed a new property that would address this?
debbie f
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
124 views
The documentation for this Q1- 2008 release is very poor and esp. the coverage for deployment is completely a mess. Why cant they give a simple and explanatory installation and deployment notes?

The deployment is very easy in Q3 2007 ASP.Net RADControls. We wanted to deploy the same way as we did using the 2007version but no luck.

Can any one tell how to deploy the application by copying necessary dlls, files/ folders with out having a additional website for telerik?

i tried copying the dlls to my bin but still not working.

Regards,
Arun.K.S
Christopher Bishop
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 May 2008
2 answers
114 views
I've developed a web portal using asp.net 2.0 Web Parts technology. Many of the web parts contain Telerik Grid control. The problem is that portal configuration seems to be getting corrupted when we release a new version of Telerik Grid. Did anyone else had to deal with this problem?
Alex Fefer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
189 views
Hi.

I'm attempting to call a radconfirm window from a radmenuitem. Using the example found in help (Working with the Confirm Dialog) I get an error message...


Error: return not in function
Source File: javascript:radconfirm('Are you sure?', confirmCallBackFn); return false;
Line: 1, Column: 48
Source Code: radconfirm('Are you sure?', confirmCallBackFn); return false;


My radmenuitem looks like:
<telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="Deactivate" PostBack="false" 
    NavigateUrl="javascript:radconfirm('Are you sure?', confirmCallBackFn); return false;"> 
</telerik:RadMenuItem> 

Thanks in advance.
Brandon

Brandon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
2 answers
138 views

Hi,
 
 The scenario is I have a Rad Calendar inside a Rad Grid. The first time I fired the page on my local, I had the RadCalendar undefined javascript error, but when I refreshed it it never ever came back again. Same thing I deployed on our test server and I get this error every time I load the page first time. Only first time,  not after that. This has also caused my Rad Grid to throw the same error of RadGridNamespace is undefined, while I have Rad Grids in almost 10 other pages where I am not getting this error. I have tried the following ways found on Telerik forums:

  1) Set the UseEmbeddedScripts="false" so that the scripts from the Rad Controls folder at the root of the application will be used instead of loading from the browser (which actually does not make sense here because the control works fine after the first time that means it is able to access the WebResource.axd files).

2) Checked if “Check that file exists” checkbox in the IIS for .axd type files for this application is unchecked. It is unchecked.

3) Cleared the cache to make sure it’s not because of Cache.

4) I have also specifically provided the skin name in the RadCalendar along with UseEmbeddedScripts=”false” condition.

5) The version of the DLL’s in the bin and the scripts in the RadControl folder are the same.

I am using the Q12007 SP2 version of the Telerik Rad Controls. Is there something I am missing?

So in short the Rad Calendar and the Rad Grid (on this specific page only) are not picking up the webresources the first time the page is loaded, after that they are fine. And even if I have forced it to use the scripts from the RadControls folder, by setting the UseEmbeddedScripts=”false” its not making any difference.

This has been eating a lot of my time. Please do advice as to what else can be done.

Thank You,

Soumya

soumi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
5 answers
174 views
Hello

i need to drop an object into scheduler. Is there any way to get time of cell by its html element?

thanks
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?