Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
184 views
Hi,
I have near to finish my application using VS2008 with RadControls Prometheus 2007, but in a single page where i am using grid, i want to use the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX 2008. But when i replace the new grid with the old grid it replace the telerik.web.dll.

And when i Compile the application it throws the error that dll is in 2 places.

Can I use the both controls from RadControls Prometheus 2007 and RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX 2008?
What are the difference between them?
Please assist.
Rahul Khinvasara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
108 views

Hello,

I have this error that keeps occuring.

Do you have any idea what could be the cause of it?


Application_Error - Offending URL: http://mywebsite/RadControls/Chart/Image.aspx - Source: System.Web - Message: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key - Stack trace:    at System.Web.Caching.CacheInternal.DoGet(Boolean isPublic, String key, CacheGetOptions getOptions)
   at System.Web.Caching.Cache.get_Item(String key)
   at Telerik.WebControls.Dialogs.ChartImage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
148 views
If you want to create a toolbar with a bunch of buttons all independent of one another, please ensure that you set the Group property of each button to something unique. If you leave the group property blank, RadToolbar considers all the buttons to belong to a single group (A blank group) and the buttons behave like Radio buttons affecting each other's toggle property.

HTH 
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
158 views
Currently I am trying to open all the elements of my grid in edit mode. But I just managed to open All Master Items in edit Mode. I want to open both Master and Detail items in edit mode.

Plz some one help me in this regard.


Zeeshan Umar
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 May 2008
2 answers
158 views
Hello,

I was having a lot of trouble getting the radtooltip to work correctly in a customwebcontrol (source is appended). For IE all is working ok. For Firefox and Opera there is an issue. When I set the alternatetext property of the image the tool tip won't show in both browser. When it's empty it is al working ok. As a workaround i leave the alttext empty although it's against our policies. You know an other solution for this problem?

Thanks,
Carol

using System.ComponentModel;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using ONVZ.DP.Site.Controls;  
using Telerik.Web.UI;  
 
namespace ONVZ.DP.Site.controls  
{  
    [ToolboxData("<{0}:SmartsiteTooltip runat=\"server\"></{0}:SmartsiteTooltip>")]  
    public partial class SmartsiteTooltip : PlaceHolder  
    {  
        [Category("Behavior")]  
        [Description("helpID van de SmartSite helptext (bijv. HLP960_1)")]  
        public string HelpID  
        {  
            get 
            {  
                string s = "";  
                if (ViewState["HelpID"] != null)  
                    s = ViewState["HelpID"].ToString();  
                return s;  
            }  
            set 
            {  
                ViewState["HelpID"] = value;  
            }  
        }  
 
        [Category("Behavior")]  
        [Description(@"Als de SmartSite helptext niet gevonden wordt en deze flag staat op true 
                    dan wordt de hele tooltip niet getoond. Default false en alleen in release build.")]  
        public bool VerbergenIndienLeeg  
        {  
            get 
            {  
                string s = "false";  
                if (ViewState["VerbergenIndienLeeg"] != null)  
                    s = ViewState["VerbergenIndienLeeg"].ToString();  
                return bool.Parse(s);  
            }  
            set 
            {  
                ViewState["VerbergenIndienLeeg"] = value;  
            }  
        }  
 
        [Category("Appearance")]  
        [Description("De alt-tekst van het plaatje. Default waarde is 'Informatie'.")]  
        public string AlternatieveTekst  
        {  
            get 
            {  
                string s = "Informatie";  
                if (ViewState["AlternateText"] != null)  
                    s = ViewState["AlternateText"].ToString();  
                return s;  
            }  
            set 
            {  
                ViewState["AlternateText"] = value;  
            }  
        }  
 
        [Category("Appearance")]  
        [Description("Url van het plaatje default wordt er een vraagteken gebruikt")]  
        public string AfbeeldingsPad  
        {  
            get 
            {  
                string s = ResolveUrl("~/images/help.gif");  
                if (ViewState["ImageUrl"] != null)  
                    s = ViewState["ImageUrl"].ToString();  
                return s;  
            }  
            set 
            {  
                ViewState["ImageUrl"] = value;  
            }  
        }  
 
        [Category("Appearance")]  
        [Description("Titel van de tooltip. Deze wordt bovenin het venster getoond.")]  
        public string VensterTitel  
        {  
            get 
            {  
                string s = "";  
                if (ViewState["VensterTitel"] != null)  
                    s = ViewState["VensterTitel"].ToString();  
                return s;  
            }  
            set 
            {  
                ViewState["VensterTitel"] = value;  
            }  
        }  
 
        protected override void CreateChildControls()  
        {  
            Image img = new Image  
            {  
                //AlternateText = this.AlternatieveTekst,  
                ImageUrl = this.AfbeeldingsPad,  
                ID = string.Concat(HelpID, "Stt")  
            };  
            this.Controls.Add(img);  
 
            RadToolTip rtt = new RadToolTip  
            {  
                Animation = ToolTipAnimation.Fade,  
                ShowCallout = false,  
                Skin = "tt441",  
                Height = Unit.Pixel(250),  
                Width = Unit.Pixel(350),  
                OnClientShow = "DotNetIframeResize",  
                RelativeTo = ToolTipRelativeDisplay.Element,  
                Position = ToolTipPosition.BottomCenter,  
                ContentScrolling = ToolTipScrolling.Y,  
                Sticky = true,  
                ManualClose = true,  
                Title = VensterTitel,  
                EnableEmbeddedSkins = false,  
                TargetControlID = img.ID  
            };
#if DEBUG  
            rtt.Text = string.Format("HelpID: {0}</ br>{1}", HelpID, SmartsiteTextLabel.GetSmartsiteText(HelpID));
#else  
            rtt.Text = SmartsiteTextLabel.GetSmartsiteText(HelpID);  
            if (VerbergenIndienLeeg && rtt.Text.ToUpper().Contains("TEKST_NIET_GEVONDEN:"))  
            {  
                rtt.Visible = false;  
            }
#endif  
            this.Controls.Add(rtt);  
              
            base.CreateChildControls();  
        }  
    }  
}  
 
Dave Forster
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
3 answers
146 views
Hi all
I want to put paging for my Grids
I put mode=''NextPrevAndNumeric" Put it shows me 1234.. like this paging
Along with this i also need a link to show first and last pages of the grid
I have to show like this First.. 123456789  Last..

What should i do


 

Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
10 answers
471 views
I'm sure this is documented somewhere but I've searched high and low and I'm missing it.

I have a Grid with an unbound ItemTemplate column in it.  Inside of the ItemTemplate is a RadDatePicker.  I'm attempting to set the SharedCalendarId in the ItemCreated event. 

First, is this the best way to set the property inside of the grid.?
Second, I can't seem to get to a place where I can do a FindControl on the RadDatePicker in the ItemTemplate.  I can get column that I'm interested in but how do I get the controls collection within a given column.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
80 views
Hi, I have a website that is developed using RADControls ASP.Net AJAX (2008). I want to deploy the web application to a web server for testing. I need to know how to deploy the application. The documentation on deployment is not clear.

1. I dont want a separate website for teleriks, i want all the resources should be avilable local to the web application with in its folder.
2. What are the files/folders, dlls i need to copy to my local application folder.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Arun.K.S
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
2 answers
328 views
How to retrieve the value from GridDateTimeColumn in codebehind in the insert and update commands?

al
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
5 answers
165 views
I have a grid, and of course allow user to add new records.  One of the columns consists of a checkbox.  When adding new record row, I assign the checkbox value to True, which working fine. 

However, before the record is saved (by pressing the Save button), if the user click "Refresh" instead, this extra new row causes problem.  The checkbox value becomes "null" and exception raised.

I would like the not-yet-saved new record to be removed from the grid, when the user presses "Refresh".  How can I do this?

Thanks

Raymond
Raymond Mui
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?