Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
495 views
So when the calendar pops up on the bottom it has clear date.  I don't want it on the side of the textbox.  But on the actual calendar.  Is this a property?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
68 views
Hi ,
I am using the Combo Box, and sometimes, i dont get the complete list of available matches in my list. It just shows me the first matcha nd highlights it. I noticed it happens on your esample of Online Demos for Combo Box, Load on Demand.
Can you help me resolve this, is there a fix for this?
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
108 views
Is there an example available on how to use grouping with Self Referencing Heirarchy.

I have a grid which uses Self referencing Heirarchy which is pretty much identical to the example in the documentation. I have tried to group by a field in the grid which is not a KeyName.

For example: Fields
ItemId | ParentId | Name | Company

I have the self referncing heirarchy using ItemId and ParentId which works no problem. Once I add Grouping by Company, the grouping appears to work but is recursive.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
152 views
Hello,

Is het possible to hide the button bar in the normal and when the textbox is "fullscreen - F11" display a different button bar.

I have limited space in de form, so I like the text to be minimalistis as possible. By using Editmode="Design" I got rid of the lower buttons. But now also the close bottom line is gone and the right botton corner pull for enlarging the texbox (nice feature)

EditModes

="Design"

Further I use a special toolsfile:

<root></root>

For removing the buttons.

Are there any other pointers?

thanks,

--jw

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
91 views
Hello,

I am generateing dynamically pages composed with 3 panes which use a RadPanelBar on the left pane as its menu and a RadComboBox loaded from a custom control in any other pane.
Skin is forced to Web20 and I am using aspnet 2.0  themes without master page.
When the 2 controls are on the same page, the comboBox input field and button have a reduced height. They seem to have a negative bottom margin in such a way that any text written into the combo input is pushed down. The arrow image of the dropdown seems not centered but reduced on its bottom part.
As soon as I remove the PanelBar menu from the page, all the web20 comboboxes get their normal aspect ?

I have suppressed any css file which could come from the theme to limit interaction between PanelBar and ComboBox.
Am I the only to experiment this, what could be the reason ?

Thanks for help.
CS
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
2 answers
196 views
Hi, I have RadAjaxManager, and ResponseScript for it, which I use to show a message in dialog box. Message is sent via Session (string) but it never refreshes (if there is no post back, which there isn't, because of the use of ajax).
How can I set a new value for Session in this case (when using ajax settings of rad ajax manager)?
I hope I've explained this well. Thanks, Ana
Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
8 answers
296 views
I have been able to make a RADComboBox work in a RADGrid using a template so able to change the value of a field. All this using LINQ.

Cannot make the control display 2 columns (the value to insert and its description) from the lookup table.

Any suggestions or samples available.

Brad
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
2 answers
362 views
I have following grid in my page.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" ShowFooter="True"

OnSortCommand="RadGrid1_SortCommand" runat="server" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowSorting="True"

DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" GridLines="None" Width="1000px">

<MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="@ID" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"

GridLines="Horizontal">

<RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</RowIndicatorColumn>

<ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False">

<HeaderStyle Width="20px" />

</ExpandCollapseColumn>

<Columns>

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Bill of Lading" DataField="BOL" SortExpression="BOL" UniqueName="bolcolumn">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:HyperLink CssClass="links" runat="server" ID="BOLLnk"

Text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.BOL") %>'></asp:HyperLink>

</ItemTemplate>

<HeaderStyle Width="105px" />

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="BOL" HeaderText="Bill of Lading" SortExpression="BOL"

UniqueName="BOL" Visible="False">

<ItemStyle Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" Font-Overline="False" Font-Strikeout="False"

Font-Underline="False" Wrap="True" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CARRIER" HeaderText="Carrier" SortExpression="CARRIER"

UniqueName="CARRIER">

<HeaderStyle Width="105px" />

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

</Columns><EditFormSettings>

<PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" />

</EditFormSettings>

<AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#99CCFF"

Wrap="True" />

</MasterTableView>

<ClientSettings AllowColumnsReorder="True" ReorderColumnsOnClient="True">

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />

</ClientSettings>

</telerik:RadGrid>

I have CssClass="links"  in my hyperlink column but underline and color  part of it doesn't work at all. how do I underline my text in this col. I have also tried the following:

Private

Sub RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridItemEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemDataBound

Dim data As String

data = ""

Dim cdata As String

cdata = ""

Dim cname As String

If TypeOf e.Item Is GridDataItem Then

Dim item As GridDataItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridDataItem)

Dim CategoryIDLabel2 As HyperLink = DirectCast(item("bolColumn").FindControl("BOLLnk"), HyperLink)

CategoryIDLabel2.NavigateUrl =

"BOLDisplay.aspx?id=" & ddlWarehouse.SelectedValue + "*" & CategoryIDLabel2.Text

CategoryIDLabel2.CssClass="links"

End Sub

I have also tried

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn ItemStyle-CssClass="links"

my css:

.links

{

FONT-SIZE: 11px;

color: blue;

font-weight:bolder;

TEXT-DECORATION: underline;

}

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
136 views
I have a hierarchical grid (as many as 10 levels deep) with two detail tables at each level.

It's working fine, with a couple of issues I'd like to resolve.  Here's the first one:

On one of the detail tables, I'd like to add a GridCommandItem with a value from the Parent table.  For example, let's say the Master table represents Organization A.  I want the GridCommandItem on one of the detail tables to say "Users from Organization A". 

I know how to create the GridCommandItem, and I know how to associate a template with it, but I'm not sure how to pass it the parent organization's name, or how to obtain it in the template class.

Edit:  I'm doing all grid creation programmatically. 

Can anyone help me?  thank you!
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 May 2008
1 answer
121 views
On the grid select row,  I need the RadPanel below it to go get a form.

What is the best way to do this?
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?