Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
186 views
Does anyone know how to do this?  I have several content areas that overlap.  Unfortunately I am unable to see the Edit Content Area for the control that is behind another one.  Is there a way to "bring one to the front" or only open the EditContentArea when the control gets "focus".

Thanks,

Bill
George
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
5 answers
151 views
Hi,
I'm Emanuele and I work for an Italian web-development company. I'm actually using your RadEditor tool in a .Net-based web application. It occurred an error, which seams to be a bug in the javascript API provided with tool: I'd like to use RadEditor in a new window and then, when I'm done, I want the generated html to be copied in the opener page, in a proper textarea. Viceversa, I also would like to transfer the self-scripted html code from the textarea to the  RadEditor, which is in  an other window. That's the problem: once I've loaded up the code from the textarea with "SetHtml" javascript method, it became uneditable, so I won't be able to modify/cancel any of previous-written code.
I must specify that this error occours only on Firefox, as the tool works right in IE7
(I wasn't able to test it in other browsers).
Is there a bug in the library or am I making any mistake?

Thanks


Emanuele
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
106 views
I have a RadEditor on my ASP page.  The code is below.  I am trying to use a configfile but it ignores the setting.  There is no ConfigFile property in visual studio as there is with the ToolsFile.  Is it still applicable?

Why is there a blank area at the bottom of the RadEditor?  I set my editor to have a height of 300px.  The area it takes up is 300px, however; the content area is shrunk and there is about 90px of wasted space beneath the content area.  If I click on the tab to show the HTML code, the content area increases to fill the remaining 90px of space.  If I click back on edit mode, then the content area shrinks again.

<telerik:RadEditor ID="emailBodyHTML" runat="server"   
    ConfigFile="~/ConfigFile.xml" Width="840px" Height="300px">  
    <Content></Content>  
</telerik:RadEditor> 
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
169 views
Hi,
I did a search and didn't find anything so sorry if this is a repeat...

I was wondering if the DateTimePicker could provide the following format:
05/20/2008 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM

Basically, I'd like to choose a single day and a time range. Preferrably in the above format but I'm flexible there. Although I'd prefer not to use military time.

For my purposes, the time would never carry over from one day to another.

Thanks
Joe

By the way, I'm using Promethius and VB.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
118 views
we have the q1 2008 rad controls, but not for asp.net ajax. So we don't have the tooltip control.

Are these two separate packages? How do we get the tooltip control?

thanks.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
76 views
The spell check on RadEditor 2007 Q2 Sp1 is not working, please provide me some sample code.

forllowing is my ASPX code
======================

<rad:RadEditor ID="radEditorBody" runat="server" Skin="WebBlue" ShowSubmitCancelButtons="false" Width="98%"

ToolsFile="~/Misc/EditorToolsManager.xml" SpellDictionaryLanguage="en-GB" SpellEditDistance="2"

StripAbsoluteAnchorPaths="true" Height="155px" Html='<%# Bind("Body") %>' ToolTip="Response Body"

EnableClientSerialize="false" EnableDocking="false" >

</rad:RadEditor>


Xml file is as follows
=================

<

root>

<

tools name="MainToolbar" dockable="true" enabled="true">

<

tool name="AjaxSpellCheck" />

<

tool name="FindAndReplace" />

<

tool separator="true"/>

<

tool name="Undo" />

<

tool name="Redo" />

<

tool separator="true"/>

<

tool name="Cut" />

<

tool name="Copy" />

<

tool name="Paste" shortcut="CTRL+!"/>

</

tools>

<

tools name="Formatting" enabled="true" dockable="true">

<

tool name="Bold" />

<

tool name="Italic" />

<

tool name="Underline" />

<

tool separator="true"/>

<

tool name="ForeColor" />

<

tool name="BackColor"/>

<

tool separator="true"/>

<

tool name="FontName"/>

<

tool name="RealFontSize"/>

</

tools>

<!--

<tools name="InsertToolbar" enabled="true" dockable="true">

<tool name="DocumentManager" shortcut="CTRL+M"/>

<tool name="TemplateManager" />

</tools>

-->

<

languages>

<

language code="en-GB" title="English(UK)"></language>

<

language code="fr-FR" title="French"></language>

<

language code="es-ES" title="Spanish(Spain)"></language>

<

language code="es-MX" title="Spanish(Mexico)"></language>

<

language code="it-IT" title="Italian"></language>

</

languages>

</

root>

Thanks
Venkat

George
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
111 views
Is it possible to display the text in the RadEditor in the same style as the viewing style? At the moment it is displayed using the font Times New Roman when in editing mode...

Also my css dropdown is empty. This is because WSS 3 doesn't include the HtmlEditorCustomStyles.css and other css files. Any solution?

George
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
2 answers
102 views
hello
I have read various posts on this subject in your forums.
I have version 4.4.1.0 of the editor for MOSS. The StripAbsoluteImagesPaths property has been set to false in the ListConfigFile.xml file and the ConfigFile.xml files as seen below. Note, I cannot set this property on the aspx page since it wont render in design time in the sharepoint designer.
Also note that it is picking up the other properties in this file since I changed the width and that takes effect on the page. Which means the file is being read.
However, the xhtml returned from the editor at runtime still has the url paths relative. If I view the content in xhtml mode, the path's are not stripped. But as soon as the content is retrieved, the paths are stripped.

Is this a bug? If so, which version of the editor do I need in order to use this property in teh config file?
If it is not a bug, what do u suppose is going on?


<configuration>
  <property name="ConvertToXhtml">true</property>
  <property name="EnableDocking">False</property>
  <property name="ShowPreviewMode">False</property>
  <property name="StripAbsoluteAnchorPaths">False</property>
  <property name="StripAbsoluteImagesPaths">False</property>
  <property name="Height">240px</property>
  <property name="Width">1000px</property>
  <property name="Skin">Default2006</property>
</configuration>


Thanks

Rachna Khune
SDE II
Microsoft
George
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hi all,

I have a page with several controls. One of them should be a small table with 3 columns. The first column is a drop down box.
The thing is: this table will be initially empty. I want the user to be able to add items to this table by first selecting a value in column 1 (drop down box) and then enter some data into the text fields of columns 2 + 3.
I want the user to be able to create several such entries without postback (if possible).

I can't store this information in a database - only when the use clicks a big "Save" button will I be able to perform 2 insert actions:
1. save the data from the other controls
2. Iterate over the grid and save the data entered by the user. Thereby using the primary key of the tuple the first insert generated.

My questions are:
1. How do I set a radGrid up in a fashion that the user can add items even to an empty table?
2. How do I set it up that when the user comes back later, the grid displays the data he previously entered and allow him to edit it / add more items?
3. Where and how should I store the data since I can't really save the stuff in the DB before the user clicks the big save button?

Thanks a lot

s.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
3 answers
145 views
When page loads cursor is at the combobox.  List contains entries like "A & E..." in addition to other entries like "Apart...".  If you begin typing, the match comes up on the "A & E" entry even when you type "AP..." very fast.  The text following the "&" is all highlighted.

You must then backspace and start typing over again to get the entry you are looking for.

Is there anything to be done to deal with the spaces?  It seems like it does an automatic match even though the characters you typed had no space in them.

Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?