Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
78 views
One of our clients have a problem with the editor paste button. When clicking the paste button nothing is pasted into the webeditor. The problem exists at this particular clients users/computers only, when tying from my office (and a few other places) it works as intended.

I tried to reproduce the error and thought that it could be caused by the security settings in IE7, which our client uses. I set the "Allow Programmatic clipboard access" to disable and got the same error as my client.

When asking my client to check his settings, the property on his computer was set to enabled. Could this be caused by some similar setting in my clients browser or OS? Do u have any suggestions in this matter?
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
125 views
Hi,

I've got a RadMenu requirement where I need to display a page's "selected" menu as expanded when the page loads. I've been able to accomplish this using the OnClientLoad event, but unfortunately this means that the menu snaps open at the end of the page rendering, which is not the desired experience.

Is there a way to override the Render method so that I can reset the inline styles on the menu item so that the selected item is visible and correctly positioned?

If not, is there any other way to do this, other than the OnClientLoad event?

Thanks,

Arthur
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
103 views
I know you've said you don't support beta browsers but how closely will support for FF 3.0 follow after its release next week?  I'm seeing some rendering and javascript errors (in the tooltip control) using FF 3.0 RC2 that aren't present in FF 2.0.x or IE 7.0

I should note that I'm using the latest versions of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
0 answers
96 views

Hi guys,

Recently, we found that while implementing the stylesheet references we introduced a bug, causing RadStyleSheetManager to not work properly in Medium Trust.
A build (trial version) with the fix is attached. Please, open a formal support ticket to obtain the dev build you're elligible to.

The next official service pack release (scheduled for the end of the next week) will contain the fix.

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
119 views
We downloaded RADControls for Ajax with the hope of using RADScheduler last week.
For some reason it works fine from the example and even in isolation on our site. But if we throw it into an ascx and include it as a step on the wizard control (which is where we want to use it ) it errors out as follows:-

The RegisterRequiresViewStateEncryption() method needs to be called before or during Page_PreRender.


We kind of narrowed it down to some sql datasource used in another ASCX which is one of the steps in the wizard control. Without the scheduler the wizard page is perfectly fine. Wonder what kind of interaction exists between these controls or settings that is causing this error.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
3 answers
116 views
Hi wondered if someone had a few pointers please - I used the FieldName property in the older version of the RadHtmlField (<radE:RadHtmlField FieldName="PublishingPageContent" runat="server" id="RichHtmlField1"/>) as a bind to the data and to bring in the desired content (ALL THIS IN A SHAREPOINT PAGE LAYOUT)- is there any way of doing that in the new RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX - the help indicates the following 2 ways (is there another way to bind to sharepoint content?) :-

RadEditor provides 2 different ways to set its content:
  1. Setting the content programmatically:
    RadEditor1.Content = "<strong>Sample HTML Content Loaded via the Content property</strong>"
  2. Inline in the RadEditor declaration: RadEditor offers to set content directly in the ASPX or ASCX file

    <telerik:radeditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor2" Height="100px">
    <Content>
    <strong>Sample HTML Content set inline in the RadEditor declaration</strong>
    </Content>
    </telerik:radeditor>

George
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
196 views

If you find yourself with an elusive “The controls collection cannot be modified” error, we’ve figured out some details that might help.  The docs (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/ajxmigration.html) state that you need to add a RadCodeBlock around all <script> tags that have a <%= somewhere in them. 

Via a support ticket, we learned that all <%= tags need a RadCodeBlock.  Adding RadCodeBlocks throughout an application any larger than a small website can be a daunting task.  In our application, on a single page, I ended up finding two particular <%= tags that needed a RadCodeBlock.

But what really got us thinking was all the ones that did not need a RadCodeBlock.  As we looked, what we found was that when a <%= was contained within a control that was runat=”server”, it did not need a RadCodeBlock.  All the RadCodeBlock does is give you a container control that is runat=”server”

Here’s an example of a place which threw the “The controls collection cannot be modified…” error:

      <fieldset>

            <legend>

                  <%=Resources.Atlas.Recipients%>

            </legend>

Simply adding ‘runat=”server”’ to the legend tag fixes the problem.

      <fieldset>

            <legend runat="server">

                  <%=Resources.Atlas.Recipients%>

            </legend>

Note however, that it is not adequate to add the runat=”server” to the fieldset tag.  The immediate parent MUST be runat=server.

It seems that a good regular expression or a simple little application that parses aspx/ascx files could easily find every location where you need to add a runat="server" to an immediate parent.

Warmest Regards,

Matt

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
116 views
Hi,

I'm aware of the security limitations in Firefox and accessing the Windows clipboard hence having to force the users to use CTRL+C and CTRL+V in the editor, but today I came across an implementation that I had not seen before even though the link and method is quite old going by the posted dates.

It seems to involve using a Flash SWF file to bypass the limitations with JavaScript and Firefox. I came across ir whilst browsing http://www.jtricks.com/ as they use it to copy to clipboard on their site. The following blog entry talks about this in a little more detail and its origins:

http://www.jeffothy.com/weblog/clipboard-copy

Is this something you are aware of and have chosen not to implement, or something that is new to you too?

I'm undecided on whether I like the implementation as it seems a little hacky, and to my knowledge doesn't help with pasting which seems a bit limiting and inconsistent

Anyway, just thought I'd share and see what you thought.

Rob
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
162 views
Hi All,

When using the radupload control, if the file exists I modify the filename as such:

protected

void RadUpload1_FileExists(object sender, UploadedFileEventArgs e) {

int counter = 1;

UploadedFile file = e.UploadedFile;

string targetFolder = Server.MapPath(RadUpload1.TargetFolder);

string targetFileName = Path.Combine(targetFolder,

file.GetNameWithoutExtension() + counter.ToString() + file.GetExtension());

while (System.IO.File.Exists(targetFileName))

{

counter ++;

targetFileName =

Path.Combine(targetFolder,

file.GetNameWithoutExtension() + counter.ToString() + file.GetExtension());

}

file.SaveAs(targetFileName);

}



My question is, that .GetName() still returns the original filename and not the modified name, so how can I access the (collection of) original name(s)?

Do I manually have to manage the save event myself? If so are there any examples of doing this?

Kind Regards
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
3 answers
163 views

I'm trying out the "Google-Like" suggest from KB Article ID# 696. I have it implmented and working correctly per the article.

I added a GridEditCommandColumn to my RadGrid and and the column doesn't show up. When I click "Add Record" at the top the column then displays and then if I hit cancel it stays it will stay displayed, except it'll display in the first column (in my case ItemID).

When using the "Google-Like" suggest, do I need to write my own code for Insert/Update/Delete and put it in InsertCommand, UpdateCommand, and DeleteCommand?

I would also like to add in some RadTextBoxes and NumericTextBoxes for some of the columns using the InPlace EditMode, do I need to write everything out by hand as well?

Thanks,

Brett

 

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?