Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
189 views
I have a GridBoundColumn in a RadGrid that represents a primary key value and have its visible property set to "false" becuase it should not be editable. However, when clicking on 'edit' or 'add new record', the value becomes both visible and editable in the EditForm. I have tried setting the ReadOnly property to true, but this generates an error saying that I have to declare the variable. I need the value to be available in edit mode to ensure that the proper update. Does anyone know how I can make this happen?  
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
2 answers
136 views
Hi,

I have a problem in implementing the automatic data source operation as illustrated in http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Grid/Examples/DataEditing/AllEditableColumns/DefaultCS.aspx

In my project I'm using a Stored Procedure to fetch the data from SQL Server and I need In-Form editing feature of the RadGrid. I'm displaying 3 fields which are editable. The example that is shown in the demo doens't help me much. I would really appreciate if someone can write a sample for me so that I can go through it and implement accordingly.

In my project scope I woulod be using 2 Stored Procedure 1 for fetching the data other for updating the same (Row wise).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
3 answers
298 views
When RadGrid renders, it inspects its SkinID and puts some default CssClass definitions in for you.  This is fine.  Apparently when it's setting the CssClass name to say, "RadGrid_Default",  it first checks for the existence of "RadGrid_*" classes and removes them.  I would expect this to happen.  I assume it uses a regex that looks for:
conditional leading spaces + "RadGrid_" + some characters + conditional trailing spaces.

Unfortunately this is not good enough as it might incorrectly remove parts of classes that contain this string.  Take "MyLongerNamedRadGrid_Default" for example.   If I had this CssClass, and didn't set a SkinID, I could then inspect the ViewSource and find that it has "RadGrid_Default MyLongerNamed" as my
class attribute.

A simple fix might be to make those conditional leading/trailing spaces manditory, and to pad the cssClass with a leading/trailing space.  Then at the end, trim the cssClass back down again.  This way you can find the exact string your looking for.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
2 answers
154 views
I'm not able to change the Default Cursor that is shown upon hovering on any RADMenu with Default Skin.

Can anyone help in changing that?
Ed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
105 views
Hi,

I'm using the RADGrid to show some search result and I'm using a method (Search()) which basically calls a StoredProcedure  to fetch the search result based on the search text. I have RADAjax Manager pice that gives me the desired behavior of not refreshing the page (Postback) and rather shows the result accordingly.

Now the problem is when I goto different pages it works fine but the moment I sort it on some column it shows "No Records to display" even though there are records in the data source. 

I have basically a ASP Button and on Click event it calls the Search() method. apart from this I also have the OnPageIndexChanged & OnSortCOmmand event where in I call the Search() method again. I'm doing this way based on the examples I have gone so far. I'm pretty newbie in using the AJAX RadGrid. I would really appreciate if anyone can write a sample for me to understand how to implement RADGrid in such scenario.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
122 views
Hello,

I am using the RadEditor control in my code and web application.  However, if I copy something from MS Word and paste it into the RadEdtior tool it indents the text as though I have hit the Tab key. How do I remove that tab so that when I paste the text I copied from MS Word it will be placed in the first position and not a tab over?

Help Please!!!!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
76 views
I am trying to figure out how to get RadChart to do the following on the x-axis of a chart.  The x-axis has labels/gridlines at regular intervals, for example 2,4,6,8,10, except I do not 2 be on the left, I want the axis to appear as though 1 is at the far left, place 2 half a gridline distance away from the left hand side of the chart and then plot the rest of the gridlines at uniform distance from 2.  So even though my labels are only 2-10 the chart appears to go from 1 to 11.

Thanks,
Chris

Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
5 answers
255 views
Hello,

I noticed that the EnableOutsideScripts property is not available on the ajax panel in Prometheus.  Will that be added in?

Nick
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
3 answers
146 views
Hi there,

    Can anyone tell that... can we customizi the popup edit box for updating.

for example....
In grid i am showing 5 columns say.. ID,Name, address, Phone and email.
By clicking on edit..
a popup come showing only Name and address columns....where we can update...

Plz  help me.....

thanks in advance....

Regards,
Bobby
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
1 answer
91 views

HI ,

I tried following code to implement paging Concept.

Aspx:-

<div>

   

        <!-- content start -->

        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

            <AjaxSettings>

                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">

                    <UpdatedControls>

                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" />

                    </UpdatedControls>

                </telerik:AjaxSetting>

                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rcbPagerMode">

                    <UpdatedControls>

                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" />

                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rcbPagerMode" />

                    </UpdatedControls>

                </telerik:AjaxSetting>

            </AjaxSettings>

        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<!----->

   

        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" Runat="server" Skin="Telerik">

<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation>

        </telerik:RadComboBox>

   

        <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" Skin="WebBlue" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowCustomPaging="True"

            PageSize="10" onneeddatasource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" >

            <MasterTableView VirtualItemCount="100" />

            <PagerStyle Mode="Slider"></PagerStyle>

        </telerik:RadGrid>

 

   

    </div>

Aspx.cs:-

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

    {

        SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection("server=.;database=Pubs;trusted_connection=true");

        SqlDataAdapter dap = new SqlDataAdapter("select * from authors", con);

        DataSet ds = new DataSet();

        dap.Fill(ds, "authors");

this.RadGrid1.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];

        this.RadGrid1.DataBind();

 

    }

    protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)

    {

       

    }

Please guide me to Implemet paging with above example…

 

Thanks,

Ranganath.S

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?